IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Buddhism Advaita-what is the difference

Rate this topic

It is folly to think individuals are eternal the nature of existence is eternal the foundation of being is being itself to seperate existence from creation is stupidity this moment the eternal shines as all there is no division within this if you cannot percieve the infinite lord dwelling within all then you are blind and lost in your own nature. As for personal you are way off the buddhist and vedanta philosophys are more personal than what you practice.It is easy to say i love krisna it is easy to worship it is hard to trancend this dual notion of krisna and i, but this is your task, it is not to worship the supreme bramhan but to become the ever dwelling atman that is the goal not to cater to the ego through ignorance of the ultimate.

many blesings thiest

Buddhism (sunyavada) denies the existence of the soul and of God. The goal of the "Living entity" (?!?!) is to merge or enter into the void (sunya).

Advaita (mayavada) accepts the existence of the soul and of God, but does not to the theory of personalism. Advaitins also say that Brahman, when taking an avatar and descending into the mayik world, is also affected by maya. They do not have a clear perception of God.

P.S. Does Buddhism really deny the existence of a soul? This is the first time I have heard of this. I always thought that they accepted that they were souls until they achieved the goal of extinguishing it into sunyata.

It is folly to think individuals are eternal

Krishna Himself says in the Bhagavad-gita; 'mamaivamso jivaloke jivabhuta sanatanah.' Sanathana means eternal.

As for personal you are way off the buddhist and vedanta philosophys are more personal than what you practice.

Buddhism does not even accept the existence of God. Advaita completely decries the concept of a personal God. How can they be 'personal' philosophies?

It is easy to say i love krisna it is easy to worship it is hard to trancend this dual notion of krisna and i, but this is your task, it is not to worship the supreme bramhan but to become the ever dwelling atman that is the goal

I am sure that you have no sastra to back up your position.

Guest guest

Who told you that Advaita denies the exietence of soul? Who told you that Advaita does not have the concept of personal God? Please have a clear idea of Advaita before you comment on it.

Guest guest

Show me one place where Advaita says that Brahman is subjected to Maya?

Do you know in the first place what is the concept of God in Advaita? If you know, tell me what it is. If you dont know, never again say that the Advaitic concept is unclear.

Guest guest

IN REPLY TO Krishna Himself says in the Bhagavad-gita; 'mamaivamso jivaloke jivabhuta sanatanah.' Sanathana means eternal.

That statement of Krishna does not contradict Advaita, for your kind information.

IN REPLY TOBuddhism does not even accept the existence of God. Advaita completely decries the concept of a personal God. How can they be 'personal' philosophies?

Rubbish. Dont spread nonsense about Advaita. How many years have you studied Advaita philosophy? What do you know about it?

INREPLYTO I am sure that you have no sastra to back up your position.

Huh. You cant label your own imagination as shastras.

Please dont spread nonsense about Advaita. You have no idea of Advaita, going by what you say.

Show me one place where Advaita says that Brahman is subjected to Maya? Do you know in the first place what is the concept of God in Advaita? If you know, tell me what it is. If you dont know, never again say that the Advaitic concept is unclear.

I never said that the Advaitic concept is unclear. I said that Advaitins do not have a clear conception of God, which is true.

IN REPLY TO Krishna Himself says in the Bhagavad-gita; 'mamaivamso jivaloke jivabhuta sanatanah.' Sanathana means eternal.

That statement of Krishna does not contradict Advaita, for your kind information.

I never said that it contradicted Advaita. I said that it contradicts your opinion. You said that individual souls are nto eternal, while Krishna says that they are. I am more inclined to believe Krishna for some reason. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

IN REPLY TOBuddhism does not even accept the existence of God. Advaita completely decries the concept of a personal God. How can they be 'personal' philosophies?

Rubbish. Dont spread nonsense about Advaita. How many years have you studied Advaita philosophy? What do you know about it?

I'd honestly say quite a lot, since I was myself an Advaitin for a very long time. So are you saying that there IS a complete provisiion for personalism in Advaita?

Huh. You cant label your own imagination as shastras.

Why not? You are doing exactly that, so why are you getting upset if I wish to join you? Surely you must share? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Joking aside, everything I have said previously is from sastra, namely Srimad Bhagavatam. So where did you get the idea that I am talking from my imagination?

Please dont spread nonsense about Advaita. You have no idea of Advaita, going by what you say.

Yes this is what you have been repeating several times. You have only this to offer instead of trying to make a rebuttal or refutation of my points. Why?