IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Racism and spiritual understanding.

Rate this topic

Adreamgodus,

I would like to apologize if I have said anything that has offended anyone, at all, with anything I have said.Maybe I do not choose my words, as carefully as I should,but I truely am not trying to add to any problems that already exists. I really like being able to communicate with all of you,but it seems every time,I get involved with a post,I am doing something wrong, somehow.I had thought this before, but maybe,I should sit here day after day, and read everyone else's post, and remain quiet.Maybe I would not take the risk of offending anyone..As I had told you before,at this point,I can only speak from my heart, and that is what I had thought I was doing in my last post to you.I am truly sorry if I have disappointed you or anyone else,for that matter.That was not my intention, at all. Debbie

I have gone through all of your posts in this and other threads of this forum. I could not find even a single thing in any of your posts that I or anybody else should find offensive.

I know that it was not your intention to hurt anybody. And I also know that your have not written anything which should hurt anybody. I fail to understand why you are being so hard on yourself.

Just post whatever comes to your heart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Avinash,

Thanks.I am glad you feel that way. I guess sometimes when I read some things, maybe I get different feeling to how people react to something I have said. Purposely,I would not hurt or offend anyone,if I could help it.That is not to say, I would not express my views, as I feel them in my heart.It is funny that you said that I was being hard on myself.I had a boss once, that had said, I was much harder on myself, than he would ever be.Thanks again.As long as I can post what comes to my heart,I do not mind posting here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Debbie

...with Avinash debbie. You are being too hard on yourself IMO. I used to do that a lot until it dawned on me that life in the material world already gives me more lumps then I can deal with, so why should I add to them? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Remember the people that post here for the most part have never met in the flesh and we have differing views on many subjects.

Don't worry about not understanding all of Streetstraw/Tarun's posts. He is a bit of a wordsmith and puzzle master. We are hoping he will soon design some encryption software for decoding them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have been meaning to ask if you had tried the Hare Krsna chant yet?

Om Shanti...

Dear Debbie,

If you must apologize, then do so

to your God. Or someone better

than this simple sadhaka.

My attempts to add a little of the

experience and knowledge i have gained

from this area of issues related to

isms-has Now been transferred to

the topic of Debbie's feelings-

a nice display of them, i should say.

I did note the subtle hint of anger

that was of interest to me-

Now that was honest! And, it felt

good-matching my own! Great!

So now, you threaten to just

Sit and read the posts so as to

not offend?

-dear, you have NOT been reading

the posts-this is why you have my

various responses.

You are misreading my posts and

coming up with a bunch of poppy-cock

that is very disappointing. To boot,

you have a few well wishers-too!

Not bad!

There were attempts to take a volatile

topic from the shadows so as to take

another look at the issues.

But, what happens is that we

have Debbie's bruised ego to

tend to...

Dear Debbie, do hold down the topic

now with how you are different and

can not understand how the world

is so bad with this 'race' issue.

Maybe your feelings from the heart

will make it all better! After all,

people have been hearning about

feelings for a long time now-maybe

one more from the heart sermon will

do us good!

In the mean time, I'm off this topic now.

Back to my poems and parables!-

shikha!

Theist,

I also appreciate your comment.I will have to work on that part of me.I have always been kind of hard on myself in some respects.You asked me if I had tried the Hare Krisna Chant yet.I honestly do not know how it is done.I have read it, but do not know how to go about it. I know you may think this is strange, but I have never chanted in my life,that is, if I knew what I was doing. I have a small question and request. When chanting,the chant,does it matter where you are sitting, standing,or what.I know,I may be a little naive about such things,but you have to understand,normally I would do silent prayer.I need alot of help, I know. Help me!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Debbie

debbie, Avinash has posted the chant. Of course one can chant any names of God, but this is already arranged so nicely. The name of Krsna means all-attractive so this chant is also most attractive.

First just repeat it over and over and memorize it. You can chant while sitting, eyes opened or closed.You can chant when walking, doing the dishes, anytime and anywhere. You can chant loudly, softly or silently. The main thing is to hear the sound as you chant.

Please keep it simple. The power is in the sound of the name. After some time you may want to get some chanting beads which are used for keeping track of the amount of chanting that we do. Beads also help us maintain focus on what we are doing.

Our minds wander as we chant.When we notice that we just become aware of the name again and continue.

I found that just writing the mantra down on a small piece of paper helped me remember to chant. You may want to try that as well.

Let us know how it goes the first time.

Hare Krishna

Avinash and Theist,

Thanks..I will try the chant. In my mind,I am hoping it would make me more Krsna conscious. Where do I get those chanting beads Theist, was talking about? There is so much I want to learn, but I know it will take time, and I have to be patient. I sometimes wish that I could talk to the two of you more on a one on one level, but I guess that is not possible,here..

Debbie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

Great Debbie!If you visualize lord krishna while chanting it feels so good.And you can hear Prabhupada chanting japa at world wide web.prabhupadavani.org/web/text/Japa.html

good luck!

Joy

I've heard/read that once someone begins to chant Hare Krsna, Lord Nityananda will take charge of that person's liberation. But I can't place the source. Can anyone comment?

The bottom line is that anyone who chants Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare is in good hands. As His Divine Grace A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada who so kindly left India to give the mantra to the whole world once remarked in a talk given on appearance day of Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura on September 1973 in Mumbai,India:

"We appeal to everyone to take to the Krsna Consciousness movement and chant the Hare Krsna mantra. Even if you cannot give up your bad habits and sinful activities at once, still take to the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra, and before long you will become purified and your life will be glorious."

Krishna says :

Api cet suduracharo,

bhajate maam ananya bhak,

sadhur eva sa mantavyak,

samyag vyavasthitho hi sah.

Even if a person who has bad habits (duracharo) takes up to remembering and serving Krishna (Sevonmukhe hi jihvadau - serving Krishna with his tongue!), then he has to be considered a Sadhu!

Why? Krishna continues ....

Kshipram bhavati dharmatma,

Sashvachchantim gachchati,

Kaunteya prati janihi,

na me bhakta pranashyati.

Because by continuing to serve Krishna he soon becomes a very saintly person and attains peacefulness. And then Krishna says "Arjuna declare to everyone that My devotee never perishes"

Such merciful is our dear Lord! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There must be some temples present in your area. You can get beads there.

There is so much I want to learn, but I know it will take time, and I have to be patient.

No, I do not want you to become a patient. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I can't find my catalog for Krsna culture. Can someone kindly post it so debbie can order some beads?

debbie krishna culture is a Krishna conscious mail order spot for getting books tapes beads etc. I have dealt a lot with them and they are quite nice.

Someone will post up a contact number or address for them.

Have you memorized the mantra yet? Out loud works best for me.

Hare Krishna