IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
ethos

Prabhupada's Perfect Plan

Rate this topic

This is written by an ex temple president and is a revealing chronology of ISKCON management history.

This essay specifically deals with the changing of Prabhupada's intentions and the consolidation of power.

It appears to be very objective and nonconfrontational. It is 20 printed pages directly online, but well worth the reading effort.

http://www.harekrsna.com/vada/nugas/manage.htm

Guest guest

Prabhu, I believe Hamsadutta maintains his own website. I had a phone conversation with him several years ago and he seemed a bit "strange" so proceed with caution.

Prabhupadanuga

Uh Prabhupadanuga, I believe this response should be under 'Prabhupada Copyrights'.

Maybe this message board has artificial intelligence or something like that. Perhaps you just made a mistake which I make plenty of myself.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.

It would be useful if you could provide me with a web address or phone number. I'm only looking to find out about the volumes in public domain - which I know Hamsadutta can answer.

ethos wrote: "This is written by an ex temple president and is a revealing chronology of ISKCON management history.

This essay specifically deals with the changing of Prabhupada's intentions and the consolidation of power.

It appears to be very objective and nonconfrontational. It is 20 printed pages directly online, but well worth the reading

effort."

The tone of Rocan's writing is more reasonable than we see with most other ritvik proponents. I had a long conversation with him some years ago, and found it more satisfying than conversations with other ritviks. He will at least listen. However, his conviction is firm, and his goal is to persuade; inother words, he believes he knows the truth.

To me there is room for the interpretations of both perspectives. I think that ISKCON will likely continue in the present form and a second realm will manifest itself based on the ritvik concept.

the issue I can't come to terms with is why certain spiritual,leaders are not allowed to speak to ISKCON devotees. This, especially in the case of H.H. NM seems quite odd given his long and enduring hsitory with Srila Prabhupada.

Guest guest

the issue I can't come to terms with is why certain spiritual,leaders are not allowed to speak to ISKCON devotees. This, especially in the case of H.H. NM seems quite odd given his long and enduring hsitory with Srila Prabhupada.

Could it be because of his history of "transforming" quite a lot of ISKCON devotees to his own flock? You know what, everyone seems to be hunting for the same pie i.e., the shared devotee base instead of expanding it. And it leads to only one thing. POLITICS.

Guest guest

Politics? You mean the kind where followers of Srila Prabhupada are evicted, or threatened with eviction, should they visit Srila Narayana Maharaja, or even read one of his books? Hundreds of Iskcon devotees around the world have already been evicted due to this. On the flip side, no one from the Gaudiya Vedanta Samiti or its branches has ever been excommunicated from the Math due to visiting an Iskcon center, or associating with Iskcon devotees, or reading their books. Quite the opposite. As far as "transforming", strange that some men, due to their own inability to transform, and the inherent fear of perhaps being exposed as neophyte (despite having lofty titles and positions), overcompensate by engaging in fear/smear tactics. Strange that you rarely hear anyone speak about an Iskcon sadhu "transforming" a follower or disciple of Srila Narayana Maharaja.

http://www.vnn.org/editorials/ET0204/ET13-7263.html

Guest guest

On the flip side, no one from the Gaudiya Vedanta Samiti or its branches has ever been excommunicated from the Math due to visiting an Iskcon center, or associating with Iskcon devotees, or reading their books.

Guest guest

Poster: Guest

Re: Why Narayan Maharaj is not allowed to speak in ISKCON???

Could it be because of his history of "transforming" quite a lot of ISKCON devotees to his own flock? You know what, everyone seems to be hunting for the same pie i.e., the shared devotee base instead of expanding it. And it leads to only one thing. POLITICS.

There's more to a pie than it's base [crust]! Besides, WHO are we baking it for? Politics, religion, etc. etc. have NO part in Lord Caitanya's Sankirtan Movement. One way or another, it WILL thrive. Perhaps when we all come to realize that is actually happening in SPITE of us and not because of us, some humble harmony and reciprocal appreciation may be achieved.

It seems to me that all KC organizations would encourage their followers to learn as much as they can from whomever they can associate with in the line of qualified gurus.

I cannot accept that ISKCON has any valid reason to withhold support from one of SP own associates, whether he is ISKCON or not. It is for that reason that I am troubled and a bit apprehensive about getting too involved with ISKCON