IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Worshipping Caitanya....

Rate this topic

In His nitya-lila, Sri Caitanya plays the part of a young householder, just as He did during his Navadvipa-lila. Meditation of nitya-lila in Navadvipa is described in the Paddhatis of Gopal Guru and Dhyanacandra, in the Smarana Mangalam of Visvanatha and in the Gutika of Siddha Krishnadas Baba.

Since He appears in this very form in the arca-vigraha, it would be inappropriate to dress Him as a sannyasi. One cannot jump back and forth between different bhavas, for it would cause a disruption in the proper mood of worship.

The opulent dressing is something I beg to disagree with on occasion. The dressing should be appropriately opulent, but unnecessary ornaments and extremely complicated clothing should be avoided. Clothing and ornaments must be prepared with proper consideration of His convenience, not merely as a matter of opulent worship. He is not pleased by any degree of opulence if it lacks proper bhakti-bhava.

In His nitya-lila, Sri Caitanya plays the part of a young householder, just as He did during his Navadvipa-lila.

Then why are the devotees excluding the worship of His blessed wife, Vishnupriya devi?

How can there be a householder without a housewife?

Then why are the devotees excluding the worship of His blessed wife, Vishnupriya devi?

How can there be a householder without a housewife?

Gaudiya sadhakas who aspire for manjari-bhava in Vraja have a corresponding identity in Navadvipa-lila as kisora brahmana boys who serve Sriman Mahaprabhu in various ways under the guidance of their guru. Their bhava is not in worshiping Gaura as nagara of Vishnupriya, but rather they worship Gaura in His lila of a sadhaka of Vraja prema. Beyond this, it is not befitting for young kisora brahmanas to engage in serving another person's wife. This is the common esoteric idea behind Gaura-upasana in the Gaudiya tradition, although often unknown among those who merely adhere to vaidhi-bhakti.

In Navadvipa, you will also find lineages in which Gaura-Vishnupriya are worshiped together. I am not familiar with their inner bhava-vicara. Then of course there is the tradition of Gaura Nagara upasana, yet another brand of worship.

Since He appears in this very form in the arca-vigraha, it would be inappropriate to dress Him as a sannyasi.

I'm not sure I fully understand. If he appears in the deity form as a sannyasi would it still be inappropriate? I ask this question because I saw a very nice picture of Sannyasi Chaitanya deity in a book called Vaisnava India. I really liked it alot. The deity has very "human" proportions, with Chaitanya with shaved head, long arms, bare chested, and a short dhoti (above his knees). Also, in a book called The Color Guide To Vrindavana, there is a deity of Lord Chaitanya at Imli Tala as a sannyasi. I'm just not sure I see why it would be incorrect to worship this deity. I like it quite a bit.

Guest guest

In Sri caitanya caritumrita antya leela chapter 12 verse 16?

Lord caitanya rejects samdelwood oil brought to Him by his devottee jadadanda padita.

Here Lord Caitanya reveals His mood that for a sanyasi it is proper to acceapt such items such as scented oils.

If we offer so many nice things to Lord Caintanya in His mood of a sanyasi then he may not acceapt so we allways worship Him in his form of Goura Naranya

Goura Naranya Nitayanda Baladeva in ISKCON Srila Prabhupada has presented this worship in International temples he founded

ys

pita das

I'm not sure I fully understand. If he appears in the deity form as a sannyasi would it still be inappropriate? I ask this question because I saw a very nice picture of Sannyasi Chaitanya deity in a book called Vaisnava India. I really liked it alot. The deity has very "human" proportions, with Chaitanya with shaved head, long arms, bare chested, and a short dhoti (above his knees). Also, in a book called The Color Guide To Vrindavana, there is a deity of Lord Chaitanya at Imli Tala as a sannyasi. I'm just not sure I see why it would be incorrect to worship this deity. I like it quite a bit.

No, of course it is all right if the Deity is made in the form of a sannyasi and worshiped as a sannyasi, then of course it is all right. Again, this sannyasi-murti you cannot dress in householder clothes. Either one or the other.

There's also one very beautiful almost life-size murti along the parikrama path going around Vrindavana, Sri Caitanya sitting under a banyan tree in a small shrine. It used to be very beautifully seen to the road for all pilgrims to view. It appears that the building was recently taken over by Gaudiya Math, who since then have built walls around the place and placed pictures of their acaryas all over the shrine, and consequently much of the mood the place once used to have is gone. It is no longer just Sri Caitanya sitting under a banyan tree in a rapture of separation, tears in His eyes, but rather it is some kind of an establishment I find hard to relate with.

I should have a picture of this place from a few years back, I'll have to scan it in and post it here. Please remind me if I forget about it, I have loads of things to do right now.

If we offer so many nice things to Lord Caintanya in His mood of a sanyasi then he may not acceapt so we allways worship Him in his form of Goura Naranya

Where did the idea of Gaura Narayana come from? Gaura Narayana is the yuga-avatara of Kali Yugas when Sri Caitanya doesn't descend.

Goura Naranya Nitayanda Baladeva in ISKCON Srila Prabhupada has presented this worship in International temples he founded

Besides, Narayana and Baladeva don't belong to the same realm. It would have to be Narayana and Sankarsana or something like that if you wanted to find Vaikuntha-counterparts for them. The caturvyuha murtis anyway all expand from Baladeva.

If one is inclined towards worship in the mood of Vaikuntha, why not just get a Deity of Bhagavan Vishnu and worship Him instead of mixing up all rasa from here and there?

Guest guest

you will find dieties of Shri Goura Naranya

at the appearence place of Shri Caitanya installed by Srila Bhaktivod Thakura

Guest guest

Recently also I have just seen this form of worship of Goura Naranya along with the Dieties of Srimate Vishnu Priya and Srimate Laxmi Priya ,which as I Mentioned before were installed by Srila Bhaktivodina.

At the time of the weddening ceremony Of Shree Chaitayna the Lord acceapts all kinds of opulences offered to Him ,He also gives charity to the brahmanas 3 times so that they may not feel the need to take extras.

Any one who worship Lors Caitanya is a very blessed and elvated soul very worthy of my worship and respect,I take the dust from thier feet and beg mercy from them to help me love the LORD more.

in my home I worship Satbuja Gouranga as Lord Caitanya revealed to Savabumya Bhatta Acarya which is also awe and revental worship for one such as myself a very beginner in Krishna conscoiusnes we must be very careful in how we approch the lord of the Universe He is Vismabara and not a blade of grass moves with out His sanction He is also very mericful to the fallen souls like myself by appearing and giving us Himeslf in the form of Maha mantra.

In LKord Caitanya pastimes many times the Lord restrict Himself form opulence life styles we tho like to remeber Him in the mood of when He is acceapting all the offerings of His devottees in an unliminted way and in this mood i worship Him

At the time of the weddening ceremony Of Shree Chaitayna the Lord acceapts all kinds of opulences offered to Him ,He also gives charity to the brahmanas 3 times so that they may not feel the need to take extras.

So, worshiping Lord Gaura Narayana with Vishnupriya and Laksmipriya is in the mood of an eternal marriage party? That's interesting. Of course we can all worship the Lord in the mood which we feel is most appropriate.

Guest guest

All lories All Glories to the beautiful aroti ceremony of Lord Caitanya.This Goura aroti is takeing place in a grove on the banks of the Jahnavi( Ganga)and is attracking the minds of all living enities

On Lord Caitanya righjt side is Lord Nitananda and on His left side is Sri Gadahara.Near by stands Sri Adwaita and srivas Thakura is holding an unbrella over Lord Caitanya's head

Lord Caitanya has sat down on a bejexed Throne and the demigods headed by lord Brahma ,preform aroti.

Narahari Sankara and other assoicates of Lord Caitanya fan him with a Camaras and the devottees headed by Sanjaya Pandita,Mukunda Datta,and Vasu Ghosa sing sweet kirtana

Conchshells,bells and kartana resound,the murdagas play very sweetly.This kritana music is supemely sweet ans relishable to hear.

The brillance of Lord Caitanyas face conquerors millions apon millions of Moons and the garland of forest flowers around His neck shines.

Lord Shiva ,Sukadeva Goswami and Narada Muni are all there and thier voices are choked with the estasy of transendental love.

Thus Thakura Bhaktivinoda envisions the glory of Lord Sri Caitanya

This picture of Chaitanya is from a small temple in Sri Rangam. Chaitanya is looking towards a set of Jagannatha deities which were discovered in the Sri Rangam temple. Birla built a temple for the Jagannatha deities, and this depiction of Chaitanya leaning on the Garuda stambha looking towards the deities was added.

In the past I had posted a picture of the Jagannatha deities He is looking at.

Isn't it just so beautiful? I'd like to see a temple with such a deity on the altar being worshipped. Its just so nice to look at. The smile on His face looking at the Lord, is just so sweet. I think it might be my favorite depiction of Caitanya.