IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Raguraman

Christian Missionaries

Rate this topic

Several great articles are also on that site: http://www.essene.org/article_menu.htm I have only read the 'Intro' and 'Jesus as Guru" on this pass, but expect them all to be of interest again. I had bookmarked the site some time back, so I guess it struck me as important.

The whole site is a must-read for Gauracandra Prabhu.

Now I see Mahaksa das' idea that perhaps Yashua (Jesus) was actually Lord Brahma.

Their theory is that shortly after the crucifixion, the meat-eaters kidnapped Christ's Church and then slaughtered the vegetarian Essenians.

I must admit that the Essenian scriptures' revealing of the words of Jesus have a much more real ring to them than their watered-down and corrupted counterparts in the New Testament of today.

Hare Krishna,

Dear Sirona,

Thankyou for your comments and understanding.

Dear gHari,

Your link is very interesting. But how do you know how authentic is this site reproducing the beliefs of essene sect. To me it seems there is too much similarity between their beliefs and Vedic system like vegetarianism, reincarnation and particularly essene cosmology.

Their belief of "ADAM KADMON with his feminine counterpart SHEKHINAH" seems to parallel Lord Brahma and Goddess Saraswati.

According to Sri Madhvacharya everybody attains salvation through either Vayu deva (God of life) or at the end of dissolution of universe those deserving salvation unite with Lord Brahma and attain salvation. Only rarely does Lord Vishnu himself gives salvation directly to beings able to reach him directly. Vayu deva or Lord Brahma teach and gradually help those unable to reach Lord Vishnu's feet directly.

Anyway my point is there seems to be too much coincidence here. Are these people (similar to messianic jews who try to convert jews) targetting Hindus.

Will neglect question but not other brilliant observations. Thank you. This thing has me excited. I doubt that I can determine whether the literatures are authentic, but perhaps one day the church will get back on track because of them.

Guest guest

that essene link is typical of many sects that started during the "occult revival"

during the latter part of the 19th century and early 20th century.

the information was based on earlier misinterpretations from the original mention of the word essene by a greek chronicler of jesus's times.

That link stems from a mystical flow of information from an angel and is highly dubious at best.

The actual essenes and their lifestyle and

activities are revealed in the dead sea scrolls,and in the damascus document found in cairo earlier this century and written by a part of the sect living in egypt.

They were not vegetarians,they did eat fish.

The word essene stems from the word

osim(oh-seem) one of the names that the sect refered to themselves as.

They were an orthodox jewish sect

and believed in a theology that is complex and based on the judaic theology coming down from moses.

to say they were in some way vedic.or demigod's is giving them way to much credit,and a fantasy of people with little education on the subject.

The books i mentioned earlier give the

actual understanding from the words of the qumran(essene) community itself,there is no need to speculate or accept half baked theology from people

claiming to recieve information from angels.

Guest guest

another good book is the classic

'holy blood,holy grail'

It is the standard scholarly work showing the influence of secret societies

in europe from the time of Jesus till the present.

Although since it's pulication the entire dead sea scrolls have been published and the parts of the book that deal with the life of jesus have been updated in the book 'the dead sea scrolls deception' by the same authors of holy blood.

Yesterday I met 2 young Jehovah's Witness ladies going door to door.

I stopped my car to pick up 3 bike baskets someone had put out. They were across street. We spoke. I immediately pointed out differences between Hare KRSNas & JWs beginning with "same body".

When my car had trouble restarting they quickly assisted. Sans His Will not even a grassblade moves. We saw our 13 minute meeting as Jehovah's Will, God's Plan.

A young couple found me in front of my home a few years back. They showed me a little booklet about the Kingdom of God. On the cover was a painting of people and animals living at peace together. Of course I befuddled them, asking if we would eat these wonderful friendly creatures. Our conversation of the Kingdom ended then.

They were sincere enough to see the hypocrisy.

God's not in the picture.They have this conception of a special few going to the Kingdom of God, and the picture shows the rest off us living an eternal life of peace and harmony with all the creatures of the world, but apart from the person Of the Lord.

Better to be with Krsna on a battlefield than apart from Him in a garden of eden.