IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
leyh

A great party

Rate this topic

I'm currently reading a book entitled Jesus The Teacher Within by Laurence Freeman,a Catholic priest and director of the World Community of Christian Meditation.Freeman seems to be quite open to non-Christian religions,for the book contains many references from the Upanisads,Zen Buddhism and other non-Christian traditions.

The following is what I think is a powerfully inspiring excerpt from Freeman's introduction to the book and I would like to share it with the devotees here:

"A great party is somewhere in full swing which no one is ever turned away from and where the fizz will never run out.Finding where this is happening and how to get there as soon as possible seems a good way of spending one's life."

A great party.Sounds like Vaikuntha to me!

Srila Prabhupada said that there are many organizations of pure devotees.

This preacher sounds like he is on track.

Christianity failed to sell religion to me. Prabhupada, however, closed the order in seconds. And I am still sold, thirty years later.

"A Christian is essentially a disciple of Jesus.And he is their guru.Good disciples do not feel their guru is in competition with other gurus.

Tolerance,dialogue and collaboration are the challenges facing Christian disciples today.For the first time since the fourth century institutional Christianity is not bolstered up by a secular power that supports religious exclusivism.Christians are being invited to see themselves as disciples of Jesus in a new relationship to the masters in other traditions.Realising that Jesus is their personal guru is decisive for freeing Christians from engrained attitudes of imperialism and historical intolerance.They are then freed for dialogue and spiritual partnership with other faiths.The question by which Jesus relates to his disciples therefore also connects him to the spiritual search that is common to humanity."(Jesus The Teacher Within by Laurence Freeman,Chapter 1: The Key Question)