IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mahak

movie review, (attn gHari)

Rate this topic

Haribol, well, I didnt like xena and I loved matrix, so me and gHari are even. I do have a good one for those who like westerns. A johnny depp movie called dead man is way cool. Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Cmon, moviegoers, rent this one and comment. This movie is about an innocent wrongly accused. He take a fatal bullet, but does not know he is dead (nor do his victims). It is a great vehicle for the need for a spiritual master while dying from false accusations in this world. Depp's movies are all great, and he is also quite advanced in life and only chooses roles that express himself. The final scene is super, and shows the exact duty of the winsome girl named Death, (see the story aboput Death) who refused to kill for Lord Brahma, and was given alternate duty of greeting the dead kindly.

Depp's list of great movies are unreal. I recommend all of them.

Edward Scissorhands

Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas

Donnie Brasco

Don Juan DeMarco

Chocolat

Blow

Legend of Sleepy Hollow

But the best is Dead Man. I heard his new one is not so good.

haribol, ys, mahak

I know you did not direct this thread to me, but I agree whole-heartedly with this list.

And don't forget

What's Eating Gilbert Grape

and

Benny and Joon

I know i can count on a good film if Johnny Depp is in it, judging from his choices of roles.

Dead Man is a masterpiece. One of those movies that go by unnoticed because of its brilliancy and depths. Definitely not a commercial product.

I also thought Fear and Loathing was a masterpiece. A slice of life of the era it represents, it is a classic. I see it also as a perfect, hilarious, outrageous vehicle for showing the ills of drug abuse.

The Matrix falls in second spot just behind my favorite, The Legend of Bagger Vance. In fact I had a showing of The Matrix last night for the 16 and 18 year old daughters of my neighbour. These innocent religious sweethearts were visibly buzzed. I mentioned that perhaps the Matrix was about the soul to the 16 year old and she lit up and said "Yes!".

Xena and I have a very special relationship. As master of the mode of passion, Xena was my vehicle to get to my unwashed parrish. Krsna so arranged it that I would be the first North American to view Xena's The Way episode, since I was keenly anticipating it. I still stand behind it one hundred percent. I know thousands of little boys who saw it have said the name "Krsna" just like Xena, calling for His protection. They all have great respect for Krsna since He was the only one Xena has ever prayed to, kneeled to or folded her hands to. Jaya Sri Krsna!

I gave two thumbs up to them both. So Mad Max and I agree on The Matrix, but remain split on Xena.

The balcony is closed.

The balcony may be, but what about the peanut gallery? What is an unwashed parrish? Is this a Canadian expression? Is it something to do with a neglected church? I packed my dictionary and am very curious about this expression.

Aha! The peanut gallery comes out of its shell.

It may be spelled 'parish', but it refers to the constituents of the local church; in this case those in the mode of passion - the Xena fans. "Unwashed" refers to the fact that those in the mode of passion are not very sattvic.

As usual, my obsession with my self-appointed poetic licence has again rendered me unknowable, misunderstood and impotent. Perhaps not as obtuse as the Tarun man or Talasiga, but nonetheless I still fall somewhere between Picasso and hiphop. Live and loin, I guess.

Actually, I like Xena, and the controversy that arose over "the episode" was, in my opinion, great stuff over these waves. If we step back and see what was happening during the protest, it was x full on.

The fact that some were pleased and others were somewhat offended just displayed each individuals level of Love of God. No one was better position, for the pro Xenas were very happy to see Krsna on the tube, while the anti-Xenas were saddened that Krsna was displayed without care. I personally see the rasas at work here, some were grand worshippers, some were protective parents and lovers, and all are my friends.

My stance was in service to a very kind and advanced godbrother who has since passed away, and his points were valid. But this whole thing was an exercise in cooperation, that we can disagree without hating each other.

Haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

The great debate taught me that while many see Krsna as God, still many of those don't see God as Krsna.

In the outlands here, I have to take smaranam wherever I can, whenever I can. In the temple, it is always Krsna. Out in the modes it can be just about anything; if you're lucky.

Hare Krsna

There's a free one. Enjoy.