IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jahnava Nitai Das

Forums have been upgraded

Rate this topic

I'm also warming up to the idea of giving each post a subject heading. It's strange how attached I get to things like fonts and layouts. But the old horse in me is gradually flexing.

How do you quote a post when replying? I don't get the text anymore when I hit reply.

How do you quote a post when replying? I don't get the text anymore when I hit reply.

You have to go to the bottom of the reply page and manually copy the parts of the message you want to reply to (highlight it and press control-c), then go to your reply, and press control-v to paste it. Then you need to add the [ quote ] before the quote and [ /quote ] after the quote.

A little more work.

I am experiencing a problem with my signature. Each time even after resubmitting it, i.e.

http://barsanadham.org

the sign is getting deleted repeatedly.

Is this happening to my signature alone or to all?

Please let me know if there is a problem.

If my signature as given above remains this time, I understand the problem is corrected. Thanks.

Namaste,

I had a quick question about posting pictures. I wanted to change my picture to a different one, and have tried uploading it twice and it doesn't switch over.

Are we only allowed to select one picture, or is it just that the file is too big? (It did notify me when I tried to upload the wrong type of picture at first).

Thanks,

Kenyatta

The mes.s look disorderly due to no separation lines in between.

The names is unchanged "Au. Fel." when I save all pages.

Why I have to fill in Subject? I could have followed last subject.

Now I can't preview my mes..

Are we only allowed to select one picture, or is it just that the file is too big? (It did notify me when I tried to upload the wrong type of picture at first).

Your new picture is working for me. Sometimes your ISP loads the picture from its cache memory for a couple hours or a day and shows it as the old file.

One thing you should remember is the picture dimensions. The maximum size is 80 x 80 pixels. If your picture is bigger it may get resized to 80 x 80 and the proportions may be distorted (stretched). To avoid this you should resize the picture to a small size before uploading. Or you should choose a square photo instead of a rectangle.

I have made the light bulb icon the default, so I removed the option of choosing the icon.

Before there was a separate light bulb, and a separate icon. Now these have been merged into one. There are regular icons that have two colors (yellow and orange) for new messages and old messages. It made it messy and unclear as to what was new, unlike the light bulbs which stand out.

So I removed all the icons and set the default to be the light bulb. But I have not removed it from the edit page yet.

Guest guest

jndas prabhuji,

how about making guests unable to post new topics? they can reply to the existing topics. I see lot of inappropriate junk topics being put as new topics.

thanks,

A "guest" wrote: leave it as it or people will go to another channel like x

So, why not register like a regular dude (or dudette)? Most of us are pretty anonymous anyway, with our phony online names anyway. There are participants who know who I am (my name, at least), and others who don't.

Jeez!

Guest guest

jndas prabhuji,

I see lots of irrelevent junk topics in this forum. some specific person(s) is posting all these which are totally unrelated. this also makes difficult to find good topics where serious discussion goes on.

so pls make guests unable to post new topics. they might reply to existing topics. or else delete these junk topics. you might also disallow posts from some ip addresses from where some regular junk topics have been posted.

thanks,

I really don't care too much about this myself.I was struck that guest would take the time to make a threat about going to channel x,but not take the time to register a phony name like many of us.

You are anonymous either way.

I just went through the list of yellow bulbs and decided I do care afterall.

I like that a newcomer can post right off.That may bring more voices in in the long run.But maybe they should have to register before starting a new topic.Not sure that would make a difference though, but it might.