IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jahnava Nitai Das

Kalki Avatara?

Rate this topic

Can you tell me some reference sources in the Hindu Puranas which refer to Jesus, and Kalki Avatara?

Thank you for writing. Jesus is described only in the text known as Bhavishya Purana. It is a prophetic text that gives predictions for the present age. In there it mentions how Jesus would be born as the son of a virgin and how he later would come to India and reside in the Himalayas. After learning from the rishis of the Himalayas he would return to the middle east to preach God consciousness.

The Kalki Avatara is described in detail in the Srimad Bhagavatam, 12th skanda. Therein it gives predictions as to where he will appear (the village name), who his parents will be, what his mission will be, and when he will appear. It is described that he will incarnate at the end of the Kali yuga, which lasts a total of 432,000 years. So far only 5,000 years of Kali yuga have passed, leaving us with 427,000 years till the advent of Kalki.

The following texts from the Srimad Bhagavatam give us insight into this future incarnation:

shambhala-grama-mukhyasya

brahmanasya mahatmanah

bhavane vishnuyashasah

kalkih pradurbhavishyati

"Lord Kalki will appear in the home of the most eminent brahmana of Shambhala village, the great soul Vishnuyasha."

ashvam ashu-gam aruhya

devadattam jagat-patih

asinasadhu-damanam

ashtaishvarya-gunanvitah

vicarann ashuna kshaunyam

hayenapratima-dyutih

nripa-linga-cchado dasyun

kotisho nihanishyati

"Lord Kalki, the Lord of the universe, will mount His swift horse Devadatta and, sword in hand, travel over the earth exhibiting His eight mystic opulences and eight special qualities of Godhead. Displaying His unequaled effulgence and

riding with great speed, He will kill by the millions those theives who have dared dress as kings."

atha tesham bhavishyanti

manamsi vishadani vai

vasudevanga-ragati-

punya-gandhanila-sprisham

paura-janapadanam vai

hatesv akhila-dasyushu

"After all the imposter kings have been killed, the residents of the cities and towns will feel the breezes carrying the most sacred fragrance of the sandalwood paste and other decorations of Lord Kalki, and their minds will thereby become transcendentally pure."

yadavatirno bhagavan

kalkir dharma-patir harih

kritam bhavishyati tada

praja-sutish ca sattviki

"When the Supreme Lord has appeared on earth as Kalki, the maintainer of religion, Satya-yuga [the age of truth] will begin, and human society will bring forth progeny in the mode of goodness."

This is a summary of the Kalki avatara who will appear after 427,000 years. There is another avatara described in the scriptures for the age of Kali. He is known by the name Sri Krishna Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, and he appeared aproximately 500 years ago. You can read the following article if you are interested in more information on this very special incarnation of the Lord:

http://www.indiadivine.com/tattva14.htm

Yours in service,

Jahnava Nitai Das,

Bhaktivedanta Ashram

Guest guest

The world order and especially India's state of affairs its ethics,culture,virtues,values are all getting stiffled and we feel its too much of pain we are suffering. Are there any other intermediate avataras to soothe our pains?

Guest guest

"I" am born as a human in this birth and "I" have and "I" am comitting so many sins

Inspite of knowing this I still want to serve Lord .The supreme god head personality .Please tell me what penance or Yaga should I perform to come back to this earth when the Bhagwan takes his form as Kalki so that I can serve him I want see him and I want to be on this earth when he is on this earth.

I do not mind being anything even at least for a fraction of a second if I render my service for him that is it .There will be nothing more pleasurable for this atma.

Please advise me.

Guest guest

You are liar, or speaking of something you didn’t know!

Wake up and take a look around with open yes,

and if you want to say something - speak up your own mind;

It's much better than repeat old sick and stupid “wisdom”.

Be brave! - its better than be a teacher of science you didn’t know.