IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jahnava Nitai Das

Hinduism and Science

Rate this topic

A letter from Dubai:

Dear Mr Das,

I went through your site and found it very interesting and useful. Infact I was searching for just such a site for a long time. From my younger days I have been very curious to know more about Hinduism. I have read lots of books, especially Vivekanada's teachings. I should admit that those atmans where far more modern than us and knew exactly what a life is.

I have been keen to do something on this front. Its really amazing when we look deep into different vedic teachings and books that what some people consider as blind belief and not scientific is really an advanced scientific finding. I have been curous to relate Hinduism and modern science and have been searching for books or any studies made by people on this. But couldn't find much on it.

I have read a few articles on your page about traditional science. Its exactly the things what i'm looking for but i need to know more. I know there is lot more in all these great works of Mahabharata, Bhagavad Gita, Ramayana and the Vedas, all hidden. If you know someone who has done a thorough study in these lines or if any books are available on this please let me know.

Such a beautiful culture, Hinduism, I know will never die out from the face of the Earth. Its not a religion, its a culture of humanity. I somehow believe our anscetors where far more advanced than we are, and we are actually into the second cycle of life. They became so advanced that there might not have been any ordinary human being; all might have had realisation of life's goal, realisation of atman. The life we see is new, the starting of a new human race life cycle and we have just begun.

I would like to do more on this front and i would like to have your guidence for this. Let me introduce my self. I'm ..., from Kerala. I'm a software engineer at present working in Dubai. I'm very much into the internet and e-commerce.

I appreciate the great deal of work you have done on this front and wish you will continue doing it all the time. My contribution is always available and I will do my best to reachout to all my friends, colleagues and relatives to have a look at the site.

Dear Sri ...,

I was very happy to read your views on Hinduism and science. It is true that the great Rishis of ancient times were far more advanced then what is commonly known. The difference between their advancement and ours is that their aim was the self, or the atman, and as such they focused their spiritual technology towards that aim. The present society's aim is the body, not the self, and as a result all of our efforts are focused towards satisfying the body's demands of sense enjoyment. Our modern society has become very expert at this, just as the ancient Rishis were expert at satisfying the soul. The fault in modern society's aim is that they are working to satisfy the temporary body, which will one day die, and as such their accomplishments have no permanent value. We need to balance our scientific endeavours towards both matter and spirit; then only can our society attain its full perfection. The ancient Rishis understood this by virtue of their inner vision. It was because of this divine vision that their aim was to move away from the temporary to the permanent, from suffering to happiness, and from death to immortality.

Yours in service,

Jahnava Nitai Das,

Bhaktivedanta Ashram

[This message has been edited by jndas (edited 08-29-2001).]

Guest guest

Sir,

I am research scholar and working on DNA Technology and Law, wherein I intend to give the religious point of view. Because I am of firm belief that religion has provided for everything and every problem. the modern man is not able to find it out, it is his problem.

kindly guide me by sending the position as far as the Hinduism is concerned on science and particularly Biotechnology and DNA Technology. I will be obliged.

Can you believe I have quoted from the "BHAGAVAD-GITA

As it is" in the article on Environmental issues in the seminar held at the university of kashmir on 26 - 27 March 2003 and it was recieved very well.

With warm regards and respect.

yours faithfully

firdous a. wani

Guest guest

Science in Hindu Sacred Texts

by bhattathiri MP

Posted on April 18, 2004 9:38 AM EST

Accessed 21 Times

Hot List Score: 88

Why Bhagavan Lord Krishna says that among flowers I am the basil (thulasi) flower. US scientists found out after research that

thulasi flower can only produce Ozone which acts as a protective cover in the ionosphere preventing radiation from sun and this plant is also be used for making life saving medicines.

Banyan tree, among the trees I am the Banyan tree which can produce maximum oxygen and are usually seen in almost all temples so the air in 5 Kms radious will be purified around a big banyan tree.

Fetus (fully developed embryo in the womb) from 7th month onwards can understand and study. For this examples are Prahlada and Abhimanue who got knowledge when they were 7 months old in the womb. Gynaecology and Sankhyayoga are preached to mother Devahuti by Lord Kapila an incarnation of Vishnu.

The importance of Homam. One Agnihotra Homaam was going on in a family at Bhopal when the Union Carbide Gas accident took place. The whole members of the family were safe eventhough it was near the to the factory, since smoke emenated from the Homam neutralised the effect of poisonous gas from the factory.Resaerch on this is going on in West Verginia in America where the mother Union Carbide factory is situated.

Maharshi Kardama’s space journey with his wife Devahuti in his supersonic space vehicle is far advanced than the present one.

In the dakshayga when Daksha’s head was cut he is given life by joining the head of a goat with the trunk of Daksha a form of plastic surgery.

It is mentioned that yogis can live for thousands of years. This is proved that by reducing the metabolic rate (body activities,such as respiration, excretion, reproduction etc.) it may be possible to extend life. Bhagavatham gives many clues for health and happy long life.

King Priyavrata has gone round the earth seven times in his chariot between sunrise and sunset. This may be related to modern satellite technology. Earth is revolving the sun at 30kms/sec velocity. Normally satellites circle round the earth once in 90 minutes. Hence for seven revolutions ten hours and thirty minutes duration is required. Otherwise we may see that during twelve hour duration eight revolutions can be made. Chariot was bright as sun may mean it was fitted with something similar to solar cells.

One of the well-known laws in elementary physics (or chemistry) is the conservation of matter (or mass) usually attributed to Lavoisier from the late eighteenth century. Simply put, the law states: “Matter can neither be created nor be destroyed.” There are other laws of conservation found in science textbooks, but the law of conservation of matter is perhaps the most well known. Bhagawan says this repeatedly at various occasion. This actually can be regarded as the mother of all conservation laws. It is said that the amount of energy released from the destruction of matter is given by E = MC2 where M represents mass lost and C represents the speed of light. The same formula is said to give the amount of mass converted into energy when it gets trapped in a blackhole. In that sense, matter and energy are two different forms of the same thing. The law did not have the energy component when it (the law) was first proposed. From the original standpoint, the law turned out to be wrong when it was discovered that matter could be destroyed to release energy. Then the theory was put back together by augmenting the energy part. However, the verse in Bhagavatham does not have to go through such a revision with each new revelation, as it does not direct this law to a particular form of the contents of this universe but rather takes a general approach. It was ironical that the law of conservation. Brahman'. Our ancient saints have coined a symbol AUM to represent it (just like Ca is used for calcium, for example). Actually, such an indestructible thing by which the universe is pervaded is mentioned. The third law of motion states that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Karma and its result (or fruit) mentioned can be considered equivalent to an action and its reaction, respectively. Latest is regarding cloning so many references are mentioned in SriMad Bhagavatham .

For almost all ayurvedic medicines US Companies are taking patent

bhattathiri

Guest guest

I too am fascinated by what Hindu religion ahs to offer us . Things our sages knew long time back are being discovered now. I am a molecular biologist by profession and some of the recent advances in network theory especially with refernce to cognition echo what oue saints had to say years back. Although there are lot of studies with respect to Christianity/Jewism and modern science to my knowledge there is no such study with reference to Hinduism. Maybe we have to start thes estudies

Regards

Monendra

dear das, namaste, i have just recently discovered your site and i have been looking for it for ages. i am religious but mostly on a belief and faith basis but would like to learn so much more and sum day devote myself to the one above and away from material existance satisfying the body and i aim to satusfy the soul. however i have some muslim friends who believe strongly in islam and that allah is the only god. to me this sounds false, there is only one god, do we have any scientific basis for the existence of krishna?one muslim friend is very interested in hindusim and i would love to tell her more about the existence of the oldest religion. however some questions i wish to ask?

does god judge everybody on the basis of their karma?even muslims and christians?

is hinduism the one true religion?

what scientific proof is there for the existence of hindusim and did bhagvan create everybody inc muslims and christians? i belive he did but cannot explain y? i would be sooo greatful if you could help me through this.