IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
atma

Bathing in the Yamuna River

Rate this topic

During Kartika, is a special day where brothers and sisters go and bathe together in the Yamuna River. Most of the people go to a ghat in Mathura. Yamuna and Yamaraja are brother and sister, children of Surya Dev, and it is said that Lord Yamaraja gives instructions to the Yamaduttas to not to approach the persons that bathe in the Yamuna in that auspicious day when they leave their bodies.

Trying to get the mercy, we went to bathe in Vrindavan near Keshi Ghat. Our group was 5 women and 3 children. We tried to look for a suitable place but couldn't find any because it was full of the local men and we didn't want to bathe near them to avoid problems. Finally we decided to bathe in a spot very, very close where all the sewage (really disgusting) from the town was spilling in the Yamuna. It was the only deserted place.

Offering prayers to Yamuna Devi and with full faith that everything will be all right, we entered her holy waters and when we took some water in our palms to offer back to her, to our delight and surprise we realized that the water smelled like chandan (sandalwood)We all got the same experience.

From the materialistic point of view we were in the middle of sewage, but Yamuna Devi blessed us with her unconditional mercy.

We didn't get sick, we got lots of mercy!!

Yamuna Mayi Ki Jaya!!!

Hare Krishna Atma,

You are really a great soul, please shower your blessings on me also.

by the way do you stay in Vrindavan ??

if yes then please give your address so that I will be fortunate enough to touch your lotus feet,When I will come there.

Hare Bol,

Sushil.

Jamuna mayi Ki jai!

You may be pleased to learn that due to the persistent dedicated efforts of 'The Friends of Vrndavan' the sewage has now been diverted and bathing is now returning to the way it always used to be, not an apprehensive experience. They (FOV) are looking for environmentalists to assist in the beautification and replanting of the bankes along the bathing ghats. It could truly be made a wonderful place with some effort to garden this area, so there are some nice meditative groves of Kadamba, Fig Poinciana etc. as it always used to be in Mahaprabhus time.

It would take some transcendental vision to see and smell past the garbage dump as of recent times, but i guess it's been well composted for an oasis to grow out of this rubbish dump they made there. The next thing is to influence the government to pass strict laws regarding the thousands of industries including nuclear, to stop dumping their sinful loads onto Sri Jamuna Mayi and start serving her with true honor befitting her dignity.

If they can do it in the west for mundane rivers, surely they can make some effort for a pure Devi of the Lord.

It's one of the only times my mind would ever rest, in the early hours floating gently down stream chanting Japa in such a sweet setting. Words fail to express it. Or Kesi ghat in the evening before aratik. I have many wonderful videos I've filmed there I think I'll just go and revisit them now, all this talk of the dham is stirring up some attraction to go back soon. Maitreya I may just see you over there. Thanks for the spark Atma.

Hare Krsna Sushil:

You really embarrased me! Posted Image

I had the fortune of live in India for 15 years and every Kartik I went to Vrindavan for association and parikrama. This year I don't think I'll be there but maybe when you go there you can pray for me. Posted Image

Your servant,

Atma.

Hare Krishna Atma,

You are such great soul you don't know, it's your greatness that you are telling me to pray for you, where as i am seeking the blessings of great vaishnavas like you.

But are you not indian ??Are you not staying in india ?? please let me know about your whereabout.

Also please post such type of incidents so that we will get motivation to take a holy dip in Yamuna.

Hari Bol,

Sushil.

Forget it Sushil! You'll get contaminated with my association. I think you are Marwari, I got lots of friends from that community. They are really nice people. Just remember to pray for me when you go to Vrindavan.

Ys,

Atma.

Originally posted by atma:

Dasanudas, any more information in FOV?

This is from the Vrndavan Institute But You may find more on the FOV if you contact Jagat His address is on his Jagganath Puri thread next door he may have their latest news.

Something is happening in Vrindavan. The sewage water is not running into the Yamuna anymore. Srimati Radharani ki jay. Now it is time for all of us to become responsible and to think very carefully what is necessary to make our Yamuna ghat site the most beautiful site in India like Hrsikesh and Haridvar. We all have to cooperate with this to get the blessings of Yamuna mayi and Radha Krishna and of all the Vaishnavas and of all the visitors of the holy dham. If we can make the Yamuna front site a beautiful area the amount of visitors to Vrindavan will increase a lot and everybody will be so happy to take snan in the Yamuna. What do we have to do.

1. Cleaning

First of all we want to thank so much to all who helped to get the improvements in Vrindavan. We have to rearrange the sewage system in such a way so that you cannot notice it. The holes where the old nails where running were running have to be filled by bulldozers. It must be prohibited to drop any garbage on the Yamuna site and to defecate in that area. There should be special garbage containers.

Along the parikrama there should be garbage containers so that the pilgrims can drop the garbage there and not drop it on the ground. Every building should be presented nicely from outside. If possible the broken front sides should be fixed to give the Vrindavan ghat a more beautiful appearance. It is necessary to plant more trees on specific locations along the parikrama with very heavy duty trunk guards for protection from the animals. No advertisement should be put on the Yamuna site to destroy the medieval town ghat aspects. A beautiful Yamuna aratik like in Hrsikesh should be organized from Municipality side.

2. Fixing

If technically possible the old sewage system should be removed or if not possible decorated to make sitting facilities for the pilgrims. This is our chance once for all to remove the eye sores which are present to all the pilgrims when they went on parikrama. Some places require landscaping with bulldozers to unify the way.

3. Planting

It is highly recommendable to plant lots of bugambhira with fences which help them to grow up to give shade to pilgrims. Bugambhira is a very beautiful plant all the year around and once it is strong the animals do not disturb it. That will make the Yamuna front site so beautiful that everybody will come and just want to stay there and it will increase the fame of Vrindavan many fold.

We pray to everybody to help remind the authorities that these things shall be considered and implemented. Please do not take any offense for making these suggestions. But this is a great necessity and as long as the black water was going in the Yamuna whatever you do would be useless, but now that the black water stopped flowing into the Yamuna we can really do a beautiful job here. We also request the Municipality to look into the case of Brahma kunda. This beautiful pond has become a whole to dump garbage in the middle of Vrindavan. That is another eyesauer.