IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
atma

Paying karma in Govardhan

Rate this topic

Something that I just remember. Last Kartika we went por parikrama to Govardhan with a devotee who came to India for the first time. We knew that for her was no problem to walk many miles because she is a firefighter from San Diego and was fitter than the other 3 of us together.

Everything went very smooth, going after Mangal Aratik and in good conciousness. Walking and chanting, avoiding prajalpa and the monkeys we reached the area where you turn and we were very close to Govardhan.Trying to catch up with her, we were a little bit behind and we saw 3 dogs standing in a door. The moment that our friend passed them they started howling and my Bengali friend inmediately said: "That is so inauspicious". We continued walking and we were so happy to see this beautiful area with many trees, peacocks, monkeysand beautiful Govardhan to our right. Our Californian friend saw a beautiful, majestic white bull and she stopped to take a picture of him with Govardhan as background. She started to take the camera out and all the paraphernalia and while she was kneeling doing that, the dogs came to her and to our surprise (she wasn't paying attention to them) they started to circumbalate her and all of the sudden one of them lifted its leg and passed urine on her!!

Now, tell me, what was that?

We couldn't stop laughing for a long time and our friend took it very well. She thought that in a previous life she did something to that soul that she had to come all the way from California to get piss by a dog in Govardhan.

Maitreya, beware of the dogs that circumbalate!

atma that was funny.I thought for sure the dogs were going to attack but then...

Just last year.Hmmm...that means those same dogs are still there most likely.I think I will waterproof everything I wear befor I go, just in case.

It's the monkeys you have to keep an eye on when they are swinging on the electricity lines above you. Absolutely no morals. They just won't stick to the rules and regulations. So be careful of unexpected showers of anything but nectar.

Monkeys in Vrindavan! So much to say about them. I saw one of them coming from behind the ricksha and take in a really neat way the glasses of this devotee who was sitting on it.The monkey went in a roof and after we threw a few bananas to him, he gave back the glasses. Little bit chewy but not so much harm.

The males can be very agressive and they are very strong, don't mess with them, EVER.

Last year some foreigner boys were teasing them and the monkeys don't tolerate non-sense, they chased the boys and one of them jumped from the fence in Dhanuka Ashrama running away and broke lots of bones (one of the kids)

The females with babies are fierce too. The best is to ignore them and if you see a really big group avoid them. Last year I was with my friend's baby and other kids walking out of the ashram were we stayed when a group of dissapointed monkeys (because they didn't get anything from the kitchen) saw us. Without any warning they attacked us!

The children started runnig away and the monkeys chased us and even nibble in our legs! A man with a big stick came out and the monkeys went away.

Because they are mating all the time, the children are always asking,"what're they doing?" There mom has to come with the explanation and start getting repetitive because is all the time the same thing!

Now I remember about the pigs in Vrindavan, they are huge and the sweepers of the Dhama.

They eat EVERYTHING and you see them in the gutters cleaning up!

If you chant japa early morning you can see when the local children are answering the "call of nature" in the gutters outside their houses. A line of kids squat next to each other passing and other kids are with sticks chasing the pigs away for the other children to pass in peace! I'm not exaggerating. I saw this a few times.

To think that people eat pig!!!!

I once recall a godbrother while overlooking the Jamuna chanting his Malika having his beads ripped off him from behind, the large male then sat in a tree directly in front of the shell-shot devotee, took the beads from the bag and commenced to break them up with his teeth spitting them on the ground. Heavy dude!He retieved them and eventually got them repaired with the local Mala Wallah, but it definately made him question the state of his Japa chanting. God knows what he was thinking at the time.

I've had those big rascals come in on me and almost break my kitchen door down, when they know there's food to be had I just vacate and leave 'em to it, it takes a brave or foolish heart to stand your ground, if you sense they are determined, no amount of martial arts training will psyche them back.

They've even been known to rape helpless Matajis. They don't like dandas and it helps to have one handy.