IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

The Count Of Monte Cristo

Rate this topic

I just got back from the movie and quite liked it. It is based on the book by Alexander Dumas. I've never actually read any of his work but have seen The Man In The Iron Mask starring Leo Dicaprio. I know, I know thats worse than reading the cliff notes Posted Image Still having seen both, it is quite apparent the source material is from the same author.

The movie has betrayal, torture, murder, revenge, sunken treasure, pirates, and even God. Yes, the movie has a very direct (some might think less than subtle) inclusion of God. The only problem with the film is that it looked a little cheap. Likely this is due to the fact that it didn't have big stars, and a large budget that naturally follows.

It had a few hokey parts, but overall I enoyed it. Also, there is one character that is supposed to be a pirate, but he looked like a modern Hispanic gangsta. But they used his all too modern look as comedic relief, and he was very funny.

Gauracandra

Originally posted by Gauracandra:

I just got back from the movie and quite liked it. It is based on the book by Alexander Dumas. I've never actually read any of his work but have seen The Man In The Iron Mask starring Leo Dicaprio. I know, I know thats worse than reading the cliff notes Posted Image Still having seen both, it is quite apparent the source material is from the same author.

The movie has betrayal, torture, murder, revenge, sunken treasure, pirates, and even God. Yes, the movie has a very direct (some might think less than subtle) inclusion of God. The only problem with the film is that it looked a little cheap. Likely this is due to the fact that it didn't have big stars, and a large budget that naturally follows.

It had a few hokey parts, but overall I enoyed it. Also, there is one character that is supposed to be a pirate, but he looked like a modern Hispanic gangsta. But they used his all too modern look as comedic relief, and he was very funny.

Gauracandra

Humm these movies!! The "Man in the Iron Mask", "The 6th Day" (got to see that one last week) both are wonderful sources to help reflect on the abuse that arises when society unnecessarily lumps a whole lot of narrow minded constraints upon its members.

Equality in opportunity and access to power for all individuals in my view is the primary factor for an honest society. If society seeks to instigate laws that advantage some of its members this by definition dis-empowers others. A society that dis-empowers some to grant benefits to others is at best an abusive one (even if or when it appears to promote valour and loyalty). How can an abusive society offer justice to its members, what to speak of spiritual good?

Can we say an abusive society can offer the ultimate good?

[This message has been edited by suryaz (edited 01-27-2002).]

[This message has been edited by suryaz (edited 01-27-2002).]

Jai Bhavaani!

Well, my friend : perhaps I should tell you that the count of monte cristo IS BASED ON REALITY.

THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO IS THE JESU-IT !!!

HE TAKES REVENGE ON PEOPLE WHO SET HIM UP, RIGHT ???

WELL, JESU-ITS TEND TO LOOK AT THEMSELVES AS HEROS !!! WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU THINK RAVAN OR HIRANYAKASHIPU THOUGHT OF THEMSELVES ???? THEY ImAGINED THEMSELVES TO BE GREAT HEROS RIGHT ???

THINK ABOUT IT !!

IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT JESU-ITS HAVE NOW PLANNED FOR THE WORLD, THEY PUT THAT ON PUBLIC DISPLAY THROUGH THE MOVIE "THE MATRIX" ...

YEAH, THE RAKSHAS HAVE THE HABIT OF MAKING MOVIES OUT OF THEIR OWN SICK PLANS & THEMSELVES .... AFTER ALL WALT DISS-NEY WAS A RAKSHAS ... EXHIBITIONISTS ON TOP OF BEING THE WORST COWARDS, THE MOST CUNNING MANIPULATORS AND ON & ON ....

DEATH TO THE ENEMIES OF RAM BHADRA !

Jai Sai Ram!

- S