IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
JRdd

Read this and be proud

Rate this topic

I am very interested to see what anyone has to say about the following editorial by a Canadian. I gave this thread the same title the email had.

FW: the United States.....a very interesting editorial

>

>

>

> THE UNITED STATES

>

> This, from a Canadian newspaper, is worth sharing.

>

> America: The Good Neighbor.

>

> Widespread but only partial news coverage was given recently to a remarkable editorial broadcast from Toronto by Gordon Sinclair, a Canadian television commentator. What follows is the full text of his trenchant remarks as printed in the Congressional Record:

>

> "This Canadian thinks it is time to speak up for the Americans as the most generous and possibly the least appreciated people on all the earth.

>

> Germany, Japan and, to a lesser extent, Britain and Italy were lifted out of the debris of war by the Americans who poured in billions of dollars and forgave other billions in debts. None of these countries is today paying even the interest on its

remaining debts to the United States.

>

> When France was in danger of collapsing in 1956, it was the Americans who propped it up, and their reward was to be insulted and swindled on the streets of Paris. I was there. I saw it.

>

> When earthquakes hit distant cities, it is the United States that hurries in to help. This spring, 59 American communities were flattened by tornadoes.

>

> Nobody helped.

>

> The Marshall Plan and the Truman Policy pumped billions of dollars! into discouraged countries. Now newspapers in those countries are writing about the decadent, warmongering Americans.

>

> I'd like to see just one of those countries that is gloating over the erosion of the United States dollar build its own airplane. Does any other country in the world have a plane to equal the Boeing Jumbo

Jet, the Lockheed Tri-Star, or the Douglas DC10?

>

> If so, why don't they fly them? Why do all the International lines except Russia fly American Planes?

>

> Why does no other land on earth even consider putting a man or woman on the moon? You talk about Japanese technocracy, and you get radios. You talk about German technocracy, and you get automobiles.

>

> You talk about American technocracy, and you find men on the moon -! not once, but several times and safely home again.

>

> You talk about scandals, and the Americans put theirs right in the store window for everybody to look at.

>

> Even their draft-dodgers are not pursued and hounded. They are here on our streets, and most of them, unless they are breaking Canadian laws, are getting American > dollars from ma and pa at home to spend here.

>

> When the railways of France, Germany and India were breaking down through age, it was the Americans who rebuilt them. When the Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central went broke, nobody loaned them an

old caboose. Both are still broke.

>

> I can name you 5000 times when the Americans raced to the help of other people in trouble. Can you name me even one time when someone else raced to the Americans in trouble? I don't think there was outside

help even during the San Francisco earthquake.

>

> Our neighbors have faced it alone, and I'm one Canadian who is damned tired of hearing them get kicked around. They will come out of this thing with their flag high. And when they do, they are entitled to thumb their nose at the lands that are gloating over their present troubles. I hope Canada is not one of those.

>

> "Stand proud, America!

>

> This is one of the best editorials that I have ever read regarding the United States. It is nice that one man realizes it. I only wish that the rest of the world would realize it. We are always blamed for everything and never even get a thank you for the things we do.I would hope that each of you would send this to as many people as you can and emphasize that they should send it to as many of their friends until this

letter is sent to every person on the web. I am just a single American that has read this.

>

> I SURE HOPE THAT A LOT MORE READ IT SOON.

> John Fernald

> Principal Hardware Engineer

> Cisco Systems, Inc.

> Chelmsford, MA 01824

[This message has been edited by JRdd (edited 09-12-2001).]

Just came from eating at 'Govindas' and while I was enjoying my nice prasada, I overheard this lady telling this guy how bad the American are and how they will utilize all this to make "propaganda" and an excuse to bomb muslims countries. She went on and on and on, saying that this kind of things happen all the time in Palestina (?) and the middle East but because they have no money they can't do anything about it but the Americans will take advantage of this situation. She was saying more crazy things and I couldn't take it anymore.

I turned around and I was surprised to see who she was and told her to shut up. I told her how lucky she was that was only me and the guy that understood her language but if she opened her mouth one more time I could translate for the people around what she was saying. I told her that the countries in the Middle East are the wealthiest and if they don't want to help Palestine is because between Muslims they have their differences too. Remember when Irak attacked Kuwait the Palestinian servants were the happiest for the Kuwaitis tragedy?

I told her that she should be ashamed because even though we know that we're not this bodies, we should feel compassion for all the people that is suffering and the dead and not made like nothing happened and everything is just politics.

I told her that as a foreigner living in this country she should be grateful that she earns money, have a decent place where to live and even an American boyfriend. I asked her why she didn't go to one of the countries in the Middle East when her family lost property in Palestine. How come she took shelter in the USA? No reply.

Maitreya said:

"The danger for us is that we may get sucked into identifying even more with our false designations."

Even though I'm not from here and at the risk of people telling me that I'm completely in maya for identifying with the situation, I couldn't keep my mouth shut when that lady was talking. It was too much for my mind.

Guest guest

GOOD FOR YOU, ATMA!!!

And some anonymous fool on the mad mela said they thought the US government was behind it. Unbelievable what some think.

Another e-mail with info. still I think that its relevant what Sinclair said.

Atma.

"I think it should be pointed out that this broadcast occured in 1973. A lot

has happened in the 28 years since. For instance, Gordon Sinclair died in

1984."

AtmAji: what did Gordon Sinclair say?

JRdd: you left out his name.

Which undefrosted Canadian fool wrote this slop?

Randomji: I don't only think certain US gov't personnel are behind the WTC attack;

I know it for a fact.

And any "omniscient" guru who doesn't is bogus from head to toe.

And I'll tell him to his face.

See if his zisyas can defend him.

You'd like to try?

Come again?

Originally posted by Tarun:

AtmAji: what did Gordon Sinclair say?

JRdd: you left out his name.

Which undefrosted Canadian fool wrote this slop?

Randomji: I don't only think certain US gov't personnel are behind the WTC attack;

I know it for a fact.

And any "omniscient" guru who doesn't is bogus from head to toe.

And I'll tell him to his face.

See if his zisyas can defend him.

You'd like to try?

Better not to get envoled in the mass karma of others prabhujis .

The horrible karma of meat eating and abortions by the millions will hit eventually

chant the Holy name as the only cure and try to get others to do the same

By the way, yesterday was a palindrome.

Yesterday's date, that is.

October 2, 2001 = 10/02/2001. Now reverse it.

1002\20\01

It won't occur again for another 111 yrs.

Those of you who strictly follow Isopanisad will still be around.

On a lighter note (guru-laghavam yathA):

one alleged hi-jacker was still in pilot training school as late as 17Aug2001!

That very day he asked his flight instructor to teach him (simulated) how to turn Boeing 767s.

His instructor said, "Today's lesson is how to take off and land."

Student insisted on turning tips.

Instructor informed FBI.

FBI received the phone call, filed a report,

did squat.

There are dozens more, detailed stories like this one.

I don't know where you all are. I'm 13 miles from ground zero.

Maybe your newscasters' lights are dimmer.

Guest guest

As if there wasn't enough craziness in the world with terrorism raising its ugly head, the extremist militia movement and hate groups in America are using this time of national crisis to once again press their lunatic agendas.

It's almost enough to make one wish that President Bush would include these homegrown underground cells - which proved to be a fertile environment for the likes of Timothy McVeigh - on his target list along with al Qaeda and the Taliban.

That these characters with white supremacy theories or fancy military titles see a possible U.S. government conspiracy behind the World Trade Center and Pentagon disasters is no surprise.

Fringe group members make a habit of seeing a federal government conspiracy behind everything that happens.

"I find it hard to believe that nobody in our alphabet soup [of security agencies] picked up" on the terrorist activity, conjectured one militia member from beneath his rock in North Carolina.

What bilge. Suggesting that the government in Washington might have orchestrated the attacks that took more than 6,000 lives on Sept. 11 or "allowed" them to happen or will use the tragedy as a pretext to impose martial law is not only a breathtaking leap away from the truth. It's in massively bad taste.

The number of militia groups has dropped since McVeigh, a militia sympathizer, blew up the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City in 1995, according to those who track extremist groups. By the same token, right-wing hate groups - who often spread xenophobic messages - seem to be on the rise.

A pox on all of them, uniformed or not. Let the militiamen strut around in khaki and camouflage, await their "orders" and chat about conspiracies on the Internet. But let them all keep the fanatical gabble to themselves.