IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
MasterSingh

Does Krsna = Jesus Christ?

Rate this topic

What is the Vedic philosophy in relation to the posibility of Krsna and Jesus Christ being the same entity? If there is such an equation are they on the same level in the trinity or Godhead? Or is Christ merely an incarnation of the higher Godhead?

Originally posted by MasterSingh:

What is the Vedic philosophy in relation to the posibility of Krsna and Jesus Christ being the same entity? If there is such an equation are they on the same level in the trinity or Godhead? Or is Christ merely an incarnation of the higher Godhead?

Master Singh,

Christ Himself said that He was one with God and yet he also said the Father is greater than I.

This is also what Lord Caitanya taught.Simultaneous combined oneness and difference.

So from this we can understand that Lord Jesus Christ is a Shaktyavesa-avatar.An empowered incarnation,or the Supreme Personality of Servitor Godhead.

Krsna is the Supreme Father,the One that Christ prayed to and loves without reservation.

What do you mean by trinity?

theist

[This message has been edited by theist (edited 05-28-2002).]

Lord Jesus is the "perfect" son of God that's why he was glorified.In near death experiences when people see liberated souls and Christ,it becomes hard to distinguish who is who.They all look alike with light of 10,000 suns eminating from their spiritual being.Krsna is the supreme personality and all others are his various expansions including us.

I believe ( from what i have read ) that krsna was an avatar of ananda/love. christ was an avatar of compassion.. please note that i am not saying that krishna is not supreme.. Every avatar is supreme..because of their identifying themselves with pure sat-chit-ananda conciousness... so the question of comparing krishna & christ doesnt arise..cos.. both are same in the sense that they are avatars of the same supreme divine...

Guest guest

Jesus's position to Krishna is that he is a shaktyvesa-avatara (spelling??) of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

He is an empowered representative/incarnation to distribute the gospel of God. But he is not Krishna, he never said that he is, he says he resides at the right of his Father in heaven.