IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bhaktavasya

Krishna Chat

Rate this topic

If you could sit and stroll casually and have a chat with Krishna, which we are apparently supposed to be able to do or will have the opportunity to do in the future, what would you envision as a satisfactory scenerio? This question is based on the premise that Krishna is the best Friend of the bhaktas and really does want to please and satisfy the bhaktas more than they could ever imagine. Would you want to ask Him for a blessing, for answers to the current world problems, or to just be in His presence? The lively or silent or other situations would be unique for each person.

A King or Pres would ask God:

What can I do to best benefit my praja - subjects - citizens?

A devotee never asks KRSNa for anything. He knows the secret.

Well, if the topic is still "Krishna Chat" (a casual conversation with Krishna)then, yes, a devotee can ask questions from Him. She may ask, "Would You like to have a mango, Krishna?" or "Can I fetch You a glass of water?"

Avinashji: No capital y = Your work?

Advanced devotees can chastise KRSNa. Like ZrIla VaMzIdAs BAbAjI:

"While performing aratrik, he turned to a rustling rat:

"You're a thief!"

Then he turned to his Deity: "And you're a thief too!"

Originally posted by Bhaktavasya:

If you could sit and stroll casually and have a chat with Krishna, which we are apparently supposed to be able to do or will have the opportunity to do in the future, what would you envision as a satisfactory scenerio? This question is based on the premise that Krishna is the best Friend of the bhaktas and really does want to please and satisfy the bhaktas more than they could ever imagine. Would you want to ask Him for a blessing, for answers to the current world problems, or to just be in His presence? The lively or silent or other situations would be unique for each person.

I would be chatting with Him about all the so called fallen devotees who are now some of them on the drugs and suchlikes, many adultrous relations and some being into blasphemies and so on. I would be kindly telling that they are still great devotees but only that they were being desparate for His personal attention and when they could not be bearing the separatness from Him any more longer that is when they are taking up their bad habits in last efforts to attract His attention by their courageful mischif. I would be kindly explaining that the love spurned does the strange effects on people.

Krishna would not understand about all those fallen people. He would probably twirl his peacock feather, roll his eyes and look bored. Then he would give a couple of chews to his tambul and say, "Go talk it over with Vishnu." Or he give Radharani a look and say something to make her laugh.

If you are still capitalizing your pronouns, Tarun, you'll be talking to Vishnu, not Krishna.

Jagatji: Vishnu were here. Or wiShiN' you were here.

We've already achieved Vaikuntha at Timessquare Saturdays 7-9pm.

Care to sample? No relapse.

No need to return to bad habits.

Shashi's apologetic attempt fails, id est, won't do.

Once HarinAm is truly tasted, u look Lord Ziva straight in the eye & say:

"OK, what else can u/U show me?"

He can't answer, His wife's contented, you're contented.

He's left with only one choice:

"panca-vadana NArade dhori, premera saghana rola"

"Lead kIrtan or take a hike!"

Personally, I'm not leaving this planet or universe till every ex-Kaliyuga 3-piece suit or casual gangster elected or undetected wears tilak & knows why.

Then I can go. Not one second before.

That vow is far beyond viSNu or kRSNa's jurisdiction.

THEY/they have no choice; I do.

Always remember: kRSNa worships Gaura, not vice versa.

Originally posted by Jagat:

Krishna would not understand about all those fallen people. He would probably twirl his peacock feather, roll his eyes and look bored. Then he would give a couple of chews to his tambul and say, "Go talk it over with Vishnu." Or he give Radharani a look and say something to make her laugh.

You are having such a pompous view of Lord. I am being told that even the ar5rogant scoolars are vainly trying for His attention. These very same scoolars are not thinking themselves fallen. One day He will be looking at same. Wiil He be looking upward?

Originally posted by Tarun:

Always remember: kRSNa worships Gaura, not vice versa.

But Krishna appeared as Gaura, as His own devotee to show how to worship Himself (Krishna) by following in the footsteps of the Gopis. Seems to me to be vice-versa to what you said.

I would ask Him to say something in my ear, anything, just to hear what His voice sounds like. I imagine He would start talking about Radharani or how much He loves His devotees, or not to worry about anything. He would understand my innermost desires, and allow me to massage His feet, or pretend He has a sore neck so I can lift His hair and give Him a neck-rub. Then He would be gone, maybe never to be visible again in this one lifetime and every time I looked at my hands (which would be quite often) I'd always remember those soft, reddish feet, the markings etched in my brain, and His beautiful contoured neck and relive the experience over and over again.

I would ask Him to say something in my ear, anything, just to hear what His voice sounds like. I imagine He would start talking about Radharani or how much He loves His devotees, or not to worry about anything. He would understand my innermost desires, and allow me to massage His feet, or pretend He has a sore neck so I can lift His hair and give Him a neck-rub. Then He would be gone, maybe never to be visible again in this one lifetime and every time I looked at my hands (which would be quite often) I'd always remember those soft, reddish feet, the markings etched in my brain, and His beautiful contoured neck and relive the experience over and over again.

I am thinking that he may be gently suggestion to you to come with him upstream tugging at your heart which is his way but I am thinking you will be in so much of the shock at his presents that you will not toke the suggestion.

When he is gone you will be cursing yourself for the clumsy response and after that nobody will ever be believing that you saw him and this will make you more the lonely than ever before you saw him.

You might be then spending your days listening to the trickling streams and judging the concert parformances as being the banal because their toning is not being anything like the voice you were hearing when you saw him.

Mataji I am feeling very sad for you.

Originally posted by Shashi:

I am thinking that he may be gently suggestion to you to come with him upstream tugging at your heart which is his way but I am thinking you will be in so much of the shock at his presents that you will not toke the suggestion.

When he is gone you will be cursing yourself for the clumsy response and after that nobody will ever be believing that you saw him and this will make you more the lonely than ever before you saw him.

You might be then spending your days listening to the trickling streams and judging the concert parformances as being the banal because their toning is not being anything like the voice you were hearing when you saw him.

Mataji I am feeling very sad for you.

Be not sad for me, Shashi. If in my imagination Krishna is whispering sweet somethings into my ear, then why should I care if no-one knows or believes that I could be so fortunate. I may even become mad enough to imagine that He is truly the ablility in man and that all songs and concert performances are but a spark of His divine energy. It won't stop there, as He said in His message delivered to the Gopis, whose footsteps I have eternity to try to clumsily follow in, separation is only an illusion because He is all-pervading.

If in my imagination Krishna is whispering sweet somethings into my ear, then why should I care if no-one knows or believes that I could be so fortunate.

It is being said that Lord's Grace is filling us so completely that our selfishness is being drownded and so the Grace is then impelling us to to selflessly share. If nobody believes you you will be in rejection by them and unabled from sharing.

Such will be your fortune.

---- separation is only an illusion because He is all-pervading.

MataJi then He must be pervading the separation also and therefore this is making the separation the reality also.

[This message has been edited by Shashi (edited 04-30-2002).]

Bhaktavasya: "But Krishna appeared as Gaura, as His own devotee to show how to worship Himself (Krishna) by following in footsteps of Gopis. Seems to me to be vice-versa to what you said."

Yes, it must seem so. Then?

How is it that Gaur, the Best Worshipper is being worshipped by KRSNa, the Most Worshippable?

Driven by what motive?

M-a-g-n-a-n-i-m-i-t-y = appreciation for MahAprabhu

MataJi then He must be pervading the separation also and therefore this is making the separation the reality also.

[This message has been edited by Shashi (edited 04-30-2002).]

All pervasive separation later; first can we go back to your original premise that no-one would believe it, if Krishna spoke in my ear, and my reply that it wouldn't make any difference to me. Each person's mystical communion with God is unique and oh so personal, don't you agree? Someone believing or disbelieving another's testimonial doesn't validate or invalidate it.

As for eternal separation, no way am I in favor of that! A lifetime or more? Sure, it's tough but what can you do? Get lost in love songs that can go back far enough in time to be aptly applied to what's been said about Vraja-lifestyle; Moon River I'll be Seeing You Unchained Melody ...as time goes on there'll be more internal songs to be singing than Ananta Sesa has stories to tell.

Aloneness helps to grow the spirit body, so we aren't needy desperate and too clingy when that day comes and the meeting is a reality.

Originally posted by Tarun:

Bhaktavasya: "But Krishna appeared as Gaura, as His own devotee to show how to worship Himself (Krishna) by following in footsteps of Gopis. Seems to me to be vice-versa to what you said."

Yes, it must seem so. Then?

How is it that Gaur, the Best Worshipper is being worshipped by KRSNa, the Most Worshippable?

Driven by what motive?

M-a-g-n-a-n-i-m-i-t-y = appreciation for MahAprabhu

Thank you for clearing up the mystery!

Delightfully Defeated

Bhaktavasya,

One of my all time favorite songs of seraration is Kentucky Rain sung by Elvis Presley.After he sung it no one else has dared.

We just have to have our internal translators turned on and then everything will remind us of Krishna don't you think?

All pervasive separation later; first can we go back to your original premise that no-one would believe it, if Krishna spoke in my ear, and my reply that it wouldn't make any difference to me. Each person's mystical communion with God is unique and oh so personal, don't you agree? Someone believing or disbelieving another's testimonial doesn't validate or invalidate it.

MasterJi i was never saying that the disbelifs would be invalidating you but only that it would be putting you in the sadness. I am thinking when Lord comes to us the Grace is suchlike that there is arising somewhat the compassion for the others and the spirit desire to share with them. but the people are such they must demand your authority in minus of which they reject you. Your meeting with Lord is still valid as will be the sadness.

As for eternal separation, no way am I in favor of that!

Masterji you are having yourself said that Lord is all pervading so it must be that the pervading is eternal. The devottee of Lord is always being connected with Lord despite the different situations. Always in connection with the Lord in a pond the devottee is wet and in the desert sand the devotte is dry. Suchlike in the separation the devottee is being sad and in the meeting various things are happening also.

Therefore why are concerning yourself fearfully with the prospective of the separation? Lord is pervading that also.

Aloneness helps to grow the spirit body, so we aren't needy desperate and too clingy when that day comes and the meeting is a reality.

This is sounding like the mayavadi positions which is viewing the different bhakti sitautions as the procedure. Like the mayavadis are telling that we only will worship Lord until we are reaching the brhamajyoti and then we must dispense with Lord. So you are telling that alone must be dispense when object is reached.

Are you knot knowing that the One Supreme is sbeing supremely alone and as the sparks from Lord we too are alone?

Originally posted by theist:

Bhaktavasya,

One of my all time favorite songs of seraration is Kentucky Rain sung by Elvis Presley.After he sung it no one else has dared.

We just have to have our internal translators turned on and then everything will remind us of Krishna don't you think?

Agreed. Doesn't Krishna say in the Gita that when we see him in everything than we are never lost to him nor is he lost to us?

When I was a young girl, 13 and 14 years old, certain songs like the Beatles 'Till there was you', 'p.s. I love you' and the Shirelles 'Baby it's you' melted my heart although I was too young to have boyfriends and never thought of anyone in particular. Only when I discovered Krishna did the mystery of who those songs were meant for become revealed.

Just add Krishna, just recall the love between Radha and Krishna and it's a 'bonefide' love song.

This is sounding like the mayavadi positions which is viewing the different bhakti sitautions as the procedure. Like the mayavadis are telling that we only will worship Lord until we are reaching the brhamajyoti and then we must dispense with Lord. So you are telling that alone must be dispense when object is reached.

Are you knot knowing that the One Supreme is sbeing supremely alone and as the sparks from Lord we too are alone?

Sorry, Shashi. I don't think we're on the same wave length. I'm not trying to reach an object, just engage in some light bantering and theosophical speculation mostly on what the sound of Krishna's voice is like. And the last thing I want to do is argue or defend myself from accusations of Mayavadism. As Jijaji is fond of saying; 'Lighten Up!'

One more thing, Shashiji; I am not 'so fearful' of separation or union. As for your earlier comment that, if given the chance, you would talk to Krishna about the 'fallen devotees', fallen like fear and beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. As long as there is remembrance of God there is no fall from Grace. The only fallen condition is forgetfulness, and a person can be clean and sober while still forgetful.

And please stop calling me Masterji!

Great song.Its the Beatles version that I hear replaying in my brain though.Light can be fun.

Baby It's You

Shirelles

Written by Mack David & Burt Bacharach & Barney Williams

Sha la la la la la la la

Sha la la la la la la la

Sha la la la la la la la

Sha la la la la

It's not the way you smile that touched my heart (sha la la la la)

It's not the way you kiss that tears me apart

Whoa, many, many nights roll by

I sit alone at home and cry over you *(#7)

What can I do

I can't help myself, when baby, it's you

Baby, it's you (sha la la la la)

You should hear what they say about you, "cheat,cheat" (sha la la la la)

They say, they say you never never never never been true (cheat cheat)

Uh oh, It doesn't matter what they say

I know I'm gonna love you any old way *(#8)

What can I do, when it's true

I don't want nobody, nobody, no, baby, it's you (sha la la la la la la)

Baby, it's you (sha la la la la la la)

Uh oh

Many, many nights roll by

I sit alone at home and cry over you, what can I do

I can't help myself

'Cause baby, it's you

Baby, it's you

Don't leave me alone

Come on home

Baby, it's you

-----------

Siksastaka #7

O Govinda! Feeling Your separation,I am considering a moment to be like twelve years or more.Tears are flowing from my eyes like torrents of rain, and I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence.

#8 I know no one but krsna as my Lord,and he shall remain so even if He handles meroughly by His embrace or makes me brokenhearted bt not being present before me.He is completely free to do anything and everything, for He is always my worshipful Lord, unconditionally.

Loose interpretations to be sure but,"what can I do, I can,t help myself, cause Krishna it's You."Sha la la la la la

[This message has been edited by theist (edited 04-30-2002).]

Sorry, Shashi. I don't think we're on the same wave length. I'm not trying to reach an object, just engage in some light bantering and theosophical speculation mostly on what the sound of Krishna's voice is like. And the last thing I want to do is argue or defend myself from accusations of Mayavadism. As Jijaji is fond of saying; 'Lighten Up!'

I am thinking you are being right we are not on one wave. Your idea of the light in the light banter must be having the narrower spectrums than the spectrums of my light in my idea of the light banter.

It is yourself who is become the heavy and you are telling the others to be lightening up?