IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bhakta Shakta

CHOCOLATE MATHEMATICS

Rate this topic

Bhakta Shakta,

Take it easy. Why get all up in arms? Personally I find math tricks to be interesting and have posted a few here as well.

Gauracandra

PS When I did it it was close. It got the number of times I wanted to eat chocolate, but missed my age by 1 year.

[This message has been edited by Gauracandra (edited 07-26-2001).]

Cute...neat how it works...

DON'T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST!

It only takes about a minute.....

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to have chocolate (try for more than once but less than 10)

2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold)

3. Add 5 (for Sunday)

4. Multiply it by 50 (being a bit stupid)

I'll wait while you get the calculator......

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1751......

If you haven't, add 1750....

6. Now substract the 4 digit year that you were born (if you remember)

You should have a three digit number.

The first digit of this was your original number (i.e, how many times you want to have chocolate each week)

The next two numbers are your age.

IMPRESSIVE ISN'T IT?

i'm still trying to figure out how chocolate mathematics works.

If you want explanation, here it is:

1. Let x = number of times you would like to have chocolate in a week.

2. Multiple x by 2. You get 2x.

3. Add 5. You get 2x + 5.

4. Multiple by 50. You get (2x+5)*50 i.e. 100 x + 250.

5. If you have already had your birthday this year, then add 1751. You get 100 x + 2001. As you can see 2001 is the current year. If your birthday for this year is still to come, then add 1750 to the result of 4. You get 100 x + 2000. As you can see, 2000 is the previous year.

6. Subtract the 4 digit year on which you were born. You will subtract this from 100 x + 2001 if you have had your birthday this year and from 100 x + 2000 if not. If your birthday this year is already over, then 2001 minus the 4 digit year on which you were born will give you your age in no. of years ignoring months, days etc. If your birthday for this year is yet to come then you will get your age by subtracting the year in which you were born from 2000. In either case, the result is

100 x + your age.

(Here your age is the no. of whole years you have completed since you were born).

Atma ji has written that x should be more than 1 and less than 10. Well, it works even if it is equal to 1. So, assume x to be any number from 1 to 9. Then, 100 x is from 100 to 900. This is a three digit number. To this, you have to add your age. Assuming that you age is a two digit number, the last two digits of the final result will be your age. The first digit will be the value of x.

Note:

1. This will work only in year 2001. In 2002, you will have to modify this a little bit. In step 5, just replace 1751 by 1752 and 1750 by 1751.

2. This will not work if somebody's age is 100 years or more.

i know this is in the joke area but usually a joke has a laughing derivative.

One may not burst out laughing on reading such posts, but as you can see by various responses, people do enjoy such math tricks.