IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Moral question?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Moral question? What would you do?

This is a moral Question. This is an imaginary situation, but I think it is interesting to decide what one would do. The situation: You are in the Midwest, and there is a huge flood in progress. Many homes have been lost, water supplies compromised and infrastructures destroyed. Let's say that you're a photographer out getting still photos for a news service, traveling alone, looking for particularly poignant scenes. You come across the Reverend Jesse Jackson, who has been swept away by the floodwaters. He is hanging on to a tree limb and is about to go under. You can either put down your camera and save him, or take a Pulitzer prize-winning photograph of him as he loses his grip on the limb.

So, here's the question, and think carefully before you answer....

<h3>Which lens would you use?</h3>

This is a tricky question.If Hijackson saw the camera that would probably give him renewed strength to hang on, and you would lose the shot of him going under.

Its kinda like a zen koan.

Guest guest

Originally posted by Maitreya:

This is a tricky question.If Hijackson saw the camera that would probably give him renewed strength to hang on, and you would lose the shot of him going under.

Its kinda like a zen koan.

LOL!

I actually ran into Jesse Jackson while waiting for a flight at the San Francisco Airport. He was flying out of the same terminal as I and milled about quite a bit. He has one of those earpieces for his cell

phone and was using it most of the time.

I was suprised that very few people went up to talk to him and that he had a very small group with him of about 3 people.

Guest guest

Then I would definitely put down the camera.......and look for rocks to throw at him.

God helps those who help their country.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Originally posted by rand0M aXiS:

Then I would definitely put down the camera.......and look for rocks to throw at him.

God helps those who help their country.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I'll help you.You keep the camera, I got a slingshot.We'll split the prize.

Originally posted by rand0M aXiS:

You and me both. Valaya and I danced last night, but there are no hard feelings.

I think?

I dunno, Dude...All that talk about my `cajones`, now `dancing` and `hard feelings`...gotta watch out for that kinda stuff here in T.O., especially with all the especially friendly fellas in town for their big parade!

------------------

No offense meant to anyone...

Guest guest

Now that I got yer attention: What the heck happened over at the MadMela? Jeeze, I take a vacation and when I get back it burned down or somethin?

My take is the same a__hole that plagued VNN and even here to a lessor degree[until JNdas booted him/her], with their continualspamming , slaps and jabs at our teachers, was called on it.And the firestorm began.

All the anonymous posts make it hard to discriminate, but this one has a recognizable style, that when I see it I don't read.But priestess and JRdd did and spoke up.

I am with them on this one as always on this topic of aparadha.I've said my piece over there and am trying to stay above the fray.As you know that is not easy for me,my mouth often preceeds my brain. Posted Image

Guest guest

Originally posted by Maitreya:

As you know that is not easy for me,my mouth often preceeds my brain. Posted Image

You and me both. Valaya and I danced last night, but there are no hard feelings.

I think?