IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
JRdd

Jayananda Thakur Book

Rate this topic

Hare Krsna!

If anyone hasn't already ordered this new book from Vishoka prabhu, The Beautiful Life of Jayananda Thakur, do so now!!! It is so nectarean, a dive in the warmest sweetest waters imaginable. I read half of it in

one sitting, couldn't put it down. Jayananda's exemplery life is truly en-COURAGE-ing. And the combination of his life, along with Vishoka prabhu's deep love for him and able storytelling, really

makes for some potent delivery to the heart. Mine arrived two or three days ago and I have already sold three. Absorbing ourselves in the mood of Jayananda can lift our spirits higher and enthuse us onward in the most positive ways! The page where you can order from and also read the introduction, as well as exerpts, is:

http://www.geocities.com/visoka123/jayakatha.htm

your servant, sister,

Jayaradhe dasi

Guess what Jayaradhe? Yesterday someone bought me this book out of the blue. As a gift. It is very nice. I only wish the book had a few more pictures. But all the stories and remembrances are very uplifting. I too would highly recommend this book.

Gauracandra

Originally posted by Gauracandra:

Guess what Jayaradhe? Yesterday someone bought me this book out of the blue. As a gift. It is very nice. I only wish the book had a few more pictures. But all the stories and remembrances are very uplifting. I too would highly recommend this book.

Gauracandra

If we are speaking here of Jayananda das, the disciple of Srila Prabhupada who started the Rathayatra festivals and built the first carts, you might want to contact Dasaratha-suta as I seem to remember he was putting on some kind of video/slide show associated with the book he'd worked on.

He also translates exceptionally sweet books from former acaryas and great devotees, distributing them as `Nectar Books`, P.O. Box 574, Union City, Georgia 30291. If you wish to Email him, write me and I'll forward it. For anyone interested, his books are available as a complete set and well worth the cost in sweetness.

------------------

Radhe Radhe always Radhe!

amanpeter@hotmail.com

I think this book is a great gift. I have a couple to give out myself. I sold four in as many days, hope to do many more. This book has already helped me through some discouraging moments. It's like medicine for the soul.

Dasarath-suta is quoted in this book, excerpts from his own writings, and he helped edit this book. He himself wrote Jayananda: A Triumph of Bliss, A Biogrpahy of Jim Kohr, America's First Hare Krishna Saint. He does seem to have a very sweet mood. In addition to Valaya's info, here is his email address, as given in the back of Vishoka's book:

dasarathasuta@

ys, Jayaradhe