IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mvig

Any yogic cure for ear infections?

Rate this topic

My daughter is six yrs old and suffers from chronic ear infections. Twice she got tubes in her ears. Right now they are out. Her nose is dry and seems to be congested all the time. Any Yogic techniques which can help her overcome this medical condition?

Thanks.

There are ways to cleanse the sinus with water etc. but she is only six so that may not be practical.

Look for what is causing the congestion.Most likely her body is not producing the proper enzymes to digest cows milk.Starchs also can cause congestion in some people.

I would suggest having her check for food allergies.

Good luck, Hare Krsna

[This message has been edited by theist (edited 06-27-2002).]

Acupuncture! It worked for me!

(But if she is sensitive, be careful what acupuncturist you go to, since it puts your body's energy in a very open state, and you can be affected by the imbalances of those around you when you are in this open state, I think.)

Also sage tea is supposed to be good for infections, if you drink a whole lot of it; you're supposed to drink it as hot as possible, as much as you can stand, and then go to bed. Also, this may have the effect of causing sweating, to 'sweat out' the infection.

Besides exploring to find out the root causes, as theist says, in the meantime I would suggest using grapefruit seed extract in drops made especially for the ears. This is a natural and very powerful antibiotic. I got rid of severe pneumonia last year sipping nothing but water with drops of grapefruit seed extract. After days of being hardly able to move, even to the bathroom, the first night after taking this I woke up in the night literally SOAKED (I mean wet!)in front, chest area, from fever perspiring it out. The next morning I was noticebly better, and quickly regained my health. I hope this helps.

ys, Jayaradhe

Dear mvig: what everhappened with your daughter's ear infections?

Was it due to wax build-up? Have u tried warm/hot olive oil? Hydrogen peroxide?

=========

posted 04-04-2002 08:31 PM Health & Fitness Tip of the Day - Sunday March 17, 2002

Ear Cleaning

I know it is tempting, but here's the rule for cleaning your ears: nothing smaller than your elbow should go into your ear. Using a cotton swab can potentially lead to serious injury. It's best to clean your ears gently with a clean sponge or washcloth. If you suffer from excessive earwax, your physician can help you remove it.

- M. Ellman IP: Logged

=============

posted 04-18-2002 05:07 AM

If Johnsonji suffers from excessive ear wax, he/she markets it. They became millionaires doing so.

But for people in general, this is not the carrying case.

Have u been to New Delhi (Dilli)? That park near Connaught Place?

Above that very famous underground market/bazar?

Whose renowned nomenclature presently excavates me?

If so, u were certainly approached by at least 1 of 3-4 types:

1) masseurs (rather rough)

2) ear-cleaners (terribly tough)

3) one more which excavates me now. Escape while u can.

4) Nail-cutters? Maybe.

Anyway, excessive earwax must come from diet imbalance.

How about excessive fat &/or insufficient heat = pungent prasAd.

mvigji: your daughter's ear infection also infected her tonsils? Or vice-versa? Maybe Apis Mel can help.

Natural Health Tip of the Day

Monday July 15, 2002

Tonsillitis and Apis Mel

When dealing with an infection, tonsils often swell and become inflamed. As a remedy for a burning and stinging pain upon swallowing, take Homeopathic Apis Melifica as the label directs.

EMAZING Quote of the Day

The folks who know the truth aren't talking. The ones who don't have a clue, you can't shut them up. - Tom Waits

You know when I would get ear aches I would take a spoon of oil (say olive oil) and heat it over the stove. You have to be careful because you don't want it too hot (and it heats up quickly), else it will burn you. Test with your finger, do not burn yourself. But then have someone (or yourself if you can manage it) pour the hot oil into your hear. Then take a piece of cotton ball and squish it in your ear. Lay there for some time, and then you can move around afterwards with the cotton in your ear.

I think some times ear aches come because our ears get really dried out. The heated oil helps to lubricate the ear, and probably the heat also alleviates the pain.

[This message has been edited by Gauracandra (edited 07-29-2002).]

My Punjabi neighbours in Calcutta swear that putting your own urine in your ear will cure any infection. I never tried, I always finished in the doctor's office where he inserted a big syringe in my ear and washed out all the fungus that was there Posted Image This white balls coming out of your ear, really creepy. I guess I waited too long. The doctor always told me to keep my ears dry, my problem is infection because of water on my ears, now the problem is under control, earplugs every time I wash my hair or swim.

I still wonder why Indians believe so much in urine as medicine, my Madrasi friend in Vrindavan swears for it too and for anything her kids suffered there was the urine for relief. If urine is part of the elimination from our body how can be beneficial to drink it or use it as medicine?. Maybe in the past but now with everything we eat and drink so full of chemicals and who knows what else how can it help? Anything in the vedas?

Urine is used on the battlefield for cleaning wounds when nothing else is available.Or so I heard at least.

I know one thing for sure, it ain't going in my ears.

I just learned today that many childhood earaches clear up as the eushtasian tube developes.

well urine is used in charna mitra.Urine therapy is kind of naturopathy...they are good books out there even some western doctors believe in it.Somehow it works...I have tried it...for me it's not a problem(taste,odor,etc),works like a charm for viral fevers and coughs.

The garlic idea sounds effective. I also thought: what about ear candling? This helps a lot of people, draws out toxins and buildup etc. Some candles are made with herbs. Best I know of are the beeswax kind, a bit more costly than parafin but worth it.

Guest guest

I am not asking anyone to try this but it worked on me.

I had ear infection in both years for 2 years... I tried medications left and right... never ending to doctors visit nothing worked. My ears were full of Puss and Blood and bad smell..... My Mum put my urine in both the ears..... I don't remember how many time she put the urine but it worked like a miracle.... i was 12 years old... I am 46 years old never had any ear problems are that.

Again that was ME.... I am just giving you my personal experience

Guest guest

have u tried using a Neti pot? this helps overall ENT problems.

In yoga there is a exercise we do which is a vibration throughout the body. its called Brahmani-pranayama. what you do is close your eyes and mouth. dont let your tongue touch any part of your mouth or teeth. the after taking a breathe close your moth and make a humming-bee sound. repeat three times. the vibration helps remove any blockages especially in the ears

Guest guest

I do neti pot sometimes.be careful while u blow your nose out.Do it gently.This prevents water getting into ear and causing pain.I mix kosher salt in lukewarm water.Cleans all sinus/dry cough/infections.What a relief.This thing is so natural.At first its kind of scary but once u get used to it u shud have no problem.

Joy

Guest guest

Thanks for the good ideas. I should have gone back to what worked when I recently got water in my inner ear( probably from using q-tips everyday , at least according to son). The best remedy has always been garlic cloves heated in olive oil and dropped into the ear.

Like a fool, I used western medicine, and it totally upset my entire system. Western medicine recommends nasal decongestives and steroid inhalers. Even after the water is gone from the ear, you need 2 weeks just to rebalance your system.

Hare Krsna!

Mahashakti dasa

AGTSP

Guest guest

Hi there,

gr8 its working.plz accept my humble obeisances.all glories to Srila Prabhupada!

If you get infection then try to swallow one garlic clove per day.Cut it into pieces and take with a glass of water.

one other antibiotic I know."Haldi" or turmeric powder ... they are sold in indian stores.Boil a cup of milk then mix some in it.dont add sugar.then drink it before going to bed.

Joy

Guest guest

i boil lots of cloves to make it more effective and concentrated.i usually put them in my ears with a clean index finger.i stir the oil then drip it with the help of finger.1 or few drops...job is done.then i go to bed so that it remains there for some time.dont let the oil come out...i wipe outside of ear with a towle.

Joy

Guest guest

ok i have a bad ear infection that when i go under water the father i go do it hurts. I dont have water in my ear cuz it dosnt make that werid sound when i go up-side-down does anyone no how to clear that?

It sounds like you may have somewhat clogged eustachian tubes. This happens alot from incomplete digestion of dairy and or starchy foods.

This also shows up on plane flights during take off and landing when the air pressure goes through quick changes. Great short term pain.

Look into it and stop eating the offending foods and see if that helps.

In ayur-vedic pancha-karma cleansing of the nasal pathways (which include the eustachian tube or auditory tube)is prescribed. I believe it is called nasya(?).

Try this and let us know if it helps.

Guest guest

My 7 month old daughter has an infection in both of her ears. My mother - in -law has raised four children and she says when any of them would get an ear infection she would catch some urine from them and take a dropper and put it in their ears. She swears that it worked every time. Maybe if nothing else helps ,this might even though it sounds totally gross. P.S. I won't tell if you don't.