IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Is Maple Syrup OK?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

first of all, do some research before you say "they cut down trees and bleed the sap" to let you know the tree is not harmed, a small spout is put in the tree and the sap comes out. it does LESS harm to the tree than a woodpecker does!!!! i live in VT and i take affence to your ignorence!!!

There seems to be some miscommunication on my part. Here is what I wrote:

"They basically cut the tree and 'bleed' its sap out. But then again, is this really bad, since we see no harm in cutting down trees for wood, or uprooting all sorts of plants."

And here is what you say I wrote: "they cut down trees and bleed the sap"

The problem I think comes from my saying they cut the tree. I didn't mean they cut DOWN the tree but rather they cut INTO the tree. My next statement about cutting down trees is in relation to "if its ok to cut down trees then it should be ok to cut a tree." That is the relative damage is much less for maple syrup.

Ultimately this was a question for Vaisnavas if it is ok to drink tree sap. I have discussed this with various Vaisnavas and have decided it is indeed ok to have maple syrup on my pancakes.