IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
atma

Healing Massage!

Rate this topic

I just got a massage from a devotee that lived in India for many, many years and I'm amazed how different is from the western ones. It was very relaxing and gentle and she explained to me every thing that she was doing. Why more work in some areas of the body, what should I take care of and how she was releasing all the tensions that accumulate in certains parts.

She is trying to teach me because she is becoming so popular with her clients that some of them want double massage!

It was a real nice experience and I loved it. It helped that I know her for a long time because I can't relax with a stranger Posted Image Some people had tried to just massage my neck and I became so tense that had been pure torture.

Anybody knows about this kind of ayurvedic massage?

I don't know about that. But I think any masseuse who makes tension is not worth their weight in salt (is that how the expression goes, think I got something mixed up there?). I was in a car accident a few years ago and this devotee massaged me and did a sudden, without warning, "adjustment" type thing--it was EXCRUCIATING and sent me back two weeks to the pain of the accident, which was starting to ease up by then. So I was back in agony again. Also some people are strong and rough. Gentle does it. Heavyhandedness increases the pain which increases the tension wwhich increases the blocks.

Personally I also don't want a stranger or even most people I know massaging me. In fact I feel quite picky about this and thus I get no massages. Apart from the fact that everyone charges up the nose around here.