IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Want to lose weight?

Rate this topic

Here is something that has been working for me lately. Its not rocket science.

Eat a large breakfast, a moderate lunch, and a small dinner. In the past I really had it reversed. But if you eat a large dinner then you go to sleep fairly soon afterwards. Not only are you less active (and thus more likely to put on weight) but it is often harder to sleep because your system is working all night.

This is more or less just a gradual process to lose weight.

Gauracandra

Animesh,

Actually I am not fat. But lately I have found that my clothes are fitting much tighter. I'm thinking it is because I am using very hot water when I wash my clothes, and as a result they are shrinking. It might also be the detergent I am using. In either case, I figured it would be easier to lose a little weight, rather than buy new clothes.

Gauracandra

PS Posted Image

Sometimes, the elastic waistband in my skirts feels tight. Then I think to myself, "Oh yeah I must have thrown them in the dryer this time." There is little joy in thinking too far beyond that about the whole thing. The inevitable will soon make its mark. And indeed is, even as I speak.

Originally posted by Gauracandra:

Here is something that has been working for me lately. Its not rocket science.

Eat a large breakfast, a moderate lunch, and a small dinner. In the past I really had it reversed. But if you eat a large dinner then you go to sleep fairly soon afterwards. Not only are you less active (and thus more likely to put on weight) but it is often harder to sleep because your system is working all night.

This is more or less just a gradual process to lose weight.

Gauracandra

Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. BTW, if you finally get your saffron pudding it won't help in your weight loss program Posted Image

I also heard that Srila Prabhupada said: feed a cold and starve a fever.

Yep, me too! The water gets sooo hot in my washer that all my clothes have shrunk then I tried a new detergent and it got worse.

Here is a really quick way to lose weight: go out and buy some clothes that are too big for you. Make sure they are big enough that people comment on it and you can say Yeah, I must have lost some weight - these fit me perfect last week! Posted Image

Originally posted by Gauracandra:

Just remember, if it isn't the hot water, its the detergent. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it Posted Image

Gauracandra

So-called doctor said yesterday I'm 7 lbs overweight.

6'2" male is given standard range from 148 lbs - 196 lbs depending on frame width.

======================

Saturday November 2, 2002 - Dieting Tip of the Day

SALAD AND DRESSING

The first food choice for women on a diet is usually salad. However, don't assume you can fill up on salads and lose weight. The toppings you choose may make the difference between a healthy or unhealthy food choice. At a salad bar, a single scoop of salad dressing can hold up to four tablespoons, which means a typical serving can contain 220 to 400 calories and anywhere from 24 to 40 grams of fat. On a daily eating plan, this could be a third of your calories and all the fat grams you're allowed for an entire day.

You could choose to carry packets of reduced fat and calorie dressings with you or use only a small portion of dressing if you have strong will power. As a boon to dieters, most eating establishments now carry lower fat dressings.

Health and Fitness Tip of the Day

Is Your Daily Coffee Stressing You Out?

Believe it or not, your daily dose of caffeine may actually be adding to your stress, not helping to relieve it. For a study published in the July/August 2002 issue of Psychosomatic Medicine, researchers recruited 47 healthy, nonsmoking coffee drinkers to participate in a two-day long study on the effects of caffeine. On one day, the participants received two pills equaling 500mg of caffeine (equivalent to 32 oz. of brewed coffee) and on the other they received inactive placebo pills. They were not told which pills they were given on which day. The investigators found that participants had on average a higher blood pressure on the day they consumed the caffeine pills compared to the day they took the placebo pills. However, overall the participants' heart rate tended to be slightly lower with caffeine. The researchers also found that the participants' bodies excreted 32% more of the stress hormone epinephrine on the day they took the caffeine pills. Most alarming, it seemed that caffeine amplified the increases in blood pressure and heart rate associated with higher levels of self-reported stress. While further research with a greater number of participants is needed, this study does suggest that caffeine may negatively affect stress levels in your body. Cutting down on caffeine may benefit you.

- M. Ellman