IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Maitreya

Subtle health

Rate this topic

From the book Message of St Francis.I love the simplicity of this.

By the anxieties and worries of this life, the devil tries to dull our hearts and make a dwelling for himself there.And so we must all keep close watch over ourselves or we will be lost and turn our hearts and mind from God, because we think there is something worth having or doing, or that we will gain some advantage.[Rule 1221]

That was very nice! What's the book's name?

I was born and raised as a Roman Catholic and our church was run by the Franciscans. They were really nice and humble. They suppose to be vegetarian but I don't know if they follow that now.

I heard that Srila Prabhupada said that St. Francis obtained Paramatma realization.

Did you see the movie: "Brother Sun, Sister Moon", about St Francis and St Claire?

atma, the book is called, Message of St Francis.It was put out by Sister Nan to raise money for the restoration of the Basilca.It is a small book[57 pgs.] with color photos of the Frescoes on every page.

Just a little gem I found at the library.

I did see that movie but it was maybe 30 years ago and I remember little of it.Maybe it will come back around at some art house and I'll go again.

Simple expressions often convey a truth in a manner that is more appealing to me.I don't need to try and disect them, I just let the impression take hold.

YS MC