IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Avinash

Monotheism vs Polytheism: Islam vs Hinduism

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I am just confirming , reason being that I donot want to get caught into misunderstanding.

Further what is the connection and common between Rama and Krishna?

Thanks for answering.

Guest guest

Are you sure they are the same. As you have said "rama is (basically) another name for krsna.... "

Guest guest

rama is also balarama.... brother of krsna and the supreme personality of godhead himself

rama is also ramachandra... avatar of krsna

etc

but beeing them krsna... rama is krsna

Quran is written in Arabi. I do not know Arabi. But, just because I do not know some language, it does not mean that verses written in that language are from God. There are many people in the world who do not know Sanskrit. Do you mean to say that all of them should accept that the scriptures written in Sanskrit are from God?

Let me play your game: -

Try writing a verse as in Bhagavad-Gita. Mr Guest, forget about the others , let us see how your own people will judge when you try writting one.

Guest guest

"rama is also ramachandra... avatar of krsna"

Who was more powerfull of the both.

Regards

Guest guest

in a technical sense krsna is more powerful... but we are not at a formula1 race !!

Guest guest

"in a technical sense krsna is more powerful"

At one location you say they are the same ( Avtar ) .I assume that the english word for that is incarnate.

The second time you say that krsna is powerfull than rama.

How is that at one time GOD is weak and in the other time he is powerfull.

I donot think you give such attributes to GOD unless the concept of GOD has been misunderstod totally in your religion.

Regards

Guest guest

I donot have any doubts about my book. ( Quran) , the challenge is yours , you doubt it and that is why you are welcome to write.

Believe me try and compare yourself to one of the verses of the quran. ( Yourself). You may get your answer.

Regards

Guest guest

you are doing an easy joke..

god is a person, and he can choose to act different roles..

the president of usa is at his maximum power when he's at his desk with atomic missile buttons, open communications with all the generals and armys etc.

but sometimes he shows himself as a simple family man or a regular person (but the power remains!!)

in this way, the same person, krsna choose to act in this world as krsna himself with the full power and variety of the supreme personality of godhead or, sometimes in a little more specific (so this is the sense of limited or weakened) way, for a specific task

as rama.. to deliver earth from ravana

as narasimha.... to save the pure devotee

as allah/vishnu/jahveh.... to give laws and to punish the sinners

etc.

you, as a simple human, can have a wonderful variety of behaviour and personality.. is god, that is your creator , eternally crystallized in the same monolithic charachter as you seem to believe?

sometimes you are a business man managing money and people

sometimes you are a simple family man playing with your sons

krsna sometimes is a judge/policeman/lawyer like the biblic god, sometimes is krsna playing with cowhwered boys

it is not too difficult

Guest guest

Believe me I am not joking. I am just quoting what you are saying. And I donot think that is a joke , you should be carefull what you write.

"god is a person" absolutely a wrong concept , donot even tell your priests.

"but sometimes he shows himself as a simple family man or a regular person (but the power remains!!)"

Why does he need that. If he cannot understand when being a GOD how on earth he would understand you if became a simple man. Again it is your understanding and writing.

Further if he understood you after being a man then that is a big joke. Because this is what your concept about GOD is that when he is a GOD he doesnot understand so he has to be a man to understand you.

What kind of a GOD is such that after he created the heavens and the earth , you , me , others he doesnot understand us in his orignal form.

I think you need to stress your thinking on the concept and power of GOD.

Guest guest

"I think you need to stress your thinking on the concept and power of GOD."

i'll follow your suggestion

HAREKRISHNA

HAREKRISHNA

KRISHNAKRISHNA

HAREHARE

HARERAMA

HARERAMA

RAMARAMA

HAREHARE

Guest guest

See , when you donot have an answer you write all this.

This is no joke it is serious . People need to know the answer.

Guest guest

you do not seem to need answer... maybe you need confirms to your fanaticism

Guest guest

There you go again. Short simple answers please.

What ever I have written in the subject doesnot gurantee me that I am a complete muslim. As a human being I have my flaws also , but my beleif is Allah in his orignal form will forgive my sins. No prophet or deity can gurantee that as our prophet Mohammed (PBUH) told his daughter also the same thing. He just brought guidence to mankind. The same goes with all the 120,000 prophets and saints. ( Just Guidence).

Pls donot judge Islam by the actions of a Muslim.

There are good and bad people in all the religions.

Guest guest

I donot have any doubts about my book. ( Quran) , the challenge is yours , you doubt it and that is why you are welcome to write.

Believe me try and compare yourself to one of the verses of the quran. ( Yourself). You may get your answer.

Ok. I too really don't have any doubts about the contradictions in Quran. That is why I am welcome to write. And coming to concept of God in hindu religion, he can incarnate as any living being. And he himself says in the Bhagavad Gita (4.7) that he incarnates whenever there is a decline in religious practice, he descends into the world. He also says (9.11) that fools deride him when he descends in human form and eventually get annihilated for their blasphemy of the lord. And without having read important scriptures, people like you have engrained false notions about God in your mind. I'd blame your religious fanatic leaders under whom you get trained. Now you have a choice to believe in God's own words or to mundane person's composition full of errors/contradictions.

"god is a person" absolutely a wrong concept , donot even tell your priests.

This too shows how bad your understanding is. Your problem is you refer his 'person'al form to a mundane level. He is not like a some formless creature dangling somewhere giving orders to his fanatic believers to kill those who don't believe in him or rather those who have the highest concept of the reality.

Now as usual you refute this by saying "this is a great misunderstanding people have about....". Ok... try refuting.

Guest guest

You quote from B.G. , I quote from the quran is not getting us anywhere.

Simple questions , simple answers.

Does your mind accept the concept of incarnation of GOD into humans because he cannot perform in his orignal form.

Guest guest

krsna can do everything in his original form, even coming in this earth as he has done 5000 years ago

the concept is that god is not a void or an energy or a formless concept incarnating to do some tasks in the world (this is the christian concept)

god is a person (=name, form, activities, associates, tastes etc.)also in origin.. the term incarnation is not exact, because he do not take material flesh

he simply descends with his spiritual and trascendental form

this is the meaning of avatar... not incarnation

allah is a name... what's the use to call anyone if he's not a person? (in the "divine" sense, of course!!!)

if god has not a "real" and "distinct" identity , why we call him with a name? (allah, jahveh, krsna etc..)

Guest guest

"god is a person (=name, form, activities, associates, tastes etc.)also in origin.. the term incarnation is not exact, because he do not take material flesh"

So now you are telling me that krsna did not have flesh.

Why is portrayed as a blue baby in human form.

Your photo replicas show that.

Guest guest

krsna did not have MATERIAL (human) flesh... he do have SPIRiTUAL flesh

krsna is all spiritual, internal, external, body, mind, activities etc.

if he has not skin, eyes, arms, face... how he can create us with skin, eyes, arms , face.... from where he takes them from?

hari bol

Guest guest

You donot know what you are writing. I am not the one questions your belief , but it is not logical.

Hope what you are doing doesnot go in vain.

Guest guest

Read and contradict if this is wrong.

THE VEDAS

Vedas are considered the most sacred of all the Hindu scriptures. There are four principal Vedas: Rigveda, Yajurveda, Samveda and Atharvaveda.

Yajurveda

The following verses from the Yajurveda echo a similar concept of God:

"na tasya pratima asti

"There is no image of Him."

[Yajurveda 32:3]5

"shudhama poapvidham"

"He is bodyless and pure."

[Yajurveda 40:8]6

"Andhatama pravishanti ye asambhuti mupaste"

"They enter darkness, those who worship the natural elements" (Air, Water, Fire, etc.). "They sink deeper in darkness, those who worship sambhuti."

[Yajurveda 40:9]7

Sambhuti means created things, for example table, chair, idol, etc.

The Yajurveda contains the following prayer:

"Lead us to the good path and remove the sin that makes us stray and wander."

[Yajurveda 40:16]8

5[Yajurveda by Devi Chand M.A. page 377]

6[Yajurveda Samhita by Ralph T. H. Giffith page 538]

7[Yajurveda Samhita by Ralph T. H. Giffith page 538]

8[Yajurveda Samhita by Ralph T. H. Griffith page 541]

Atharvaveda

The Atharvaveda praises God in Book 20, hymn 58 and verse 3:

"Dev maha osi"

"God is verily great"

[Atharvaveda 20:58:3]9

Rigveda

The oldest of all the vedas is Rigveda. It is also the one considered most sacred by the Hindus. The Rigveda states in Book 1, hymn 164 and verse 46:

"Sages (learned Priests) call one God by many names."

[Rigveda 1:164:46]

The Rigveda gives several different attributes to Almighty God. Many of these are mentioned in Rigveda Book 2 hymn 1.

Among the various attributes of God, one of the beautiful attributes mentioned in the Rigveda Book II hymn 1 verse 3, is Brahma. Brahma means ‘The Creator’. Translated into Arabic it means Khaaliq. Muslims can have no objection if Almighty God is referred to as Khaaliq or ‘Creator’ or Brahma. However if it is said that Brahma is Almighty God who has four heads with each head having a crown, Muslims take strong exception to it.

Describing Almighty God in anthropomorphic terms also goes against the following verse of Yajurveda:

"Na tasya Pratima asti"

"There is no image of Him."

[Yajurveda 32:3]

Another beautiful attribute of God mentioned in the Rigveda Book II hymn 1 verse 3 is Vishnu. Vishnu means ‘The Sustainer’. Translated into Arabic it means Rabb. Again, Muslims can have no objection if Almighty God is referred to as Rabb or 'Sustainer' or Vishnu. But the popular image of

9[Atharveda Samhita vol 2 William Dwight Whitney page 910]

Vishnu among Hindus, is that of a God who has four arms, with one of the right arms holding the Chakra, i.e. a discus and one of the left arms holding a ‘conch shell’, or riding a bird or reclining on a snake couch. Muslims can never accept any image of God. As mentioned earlier this also goes against Svetasvatara Upanishad Chapter 4 verse 19.

"Na tasya pratima asti"

"There is no likeness of Him"

The following verse from the Rigveda Book 8, hymn 1, verse 1 refer to the Unity and Glory of the Supreme Being:

"Ma cid anyad vi sansata sakhayo ma rishanyata"

"O friends, do not worship anybody but Him, the Divine One. Praise Him alone."

[Rigveda 8:1:1]10

"Devasya samituk parishtutih"

"Verily, great is the glory of the Divine Creator."

[Rigveda 5:1:81]11

Brahma Sutra of Hinduism:

The Brahma Sutra of Hinduism is:

"Ekam Brahm, dvitiya naste neh na naste kinchan"

"There is only one God, not the second; not at all, not at all, not in the least bit."

Thus only a dispassionate study of the Hindu scriptures can help one understand the concept of God in Hinduism.

0[Rigveda Samhita vol. 9, pages 2810 and 2811 by Swami Satya Prakash Sarasvati and Satyakam Vidyalankar]

11[Rigveda Samhita vol. 6, pages 1802 and 1803 by Swami Satya Prakash Saraswati and Satyakam Vidyalankar]

Guest guest

You donot know what you are writing. I am not the one questions your belief , but it is not logical.

Hope what you are doing doesnot go in vain.

Dear friend, just because our friend couldn't explain in proper words doesn't mean what he is trying to explain is illogical. The trade-off is between the level of realization a person has and the amount of free time he can make available & of course the proficiency of explaining in English. There are many users who access this forum from time to time and its a matter of time before they get back to a particular thread and make a reply. I find few people other than the moderator jndas prabhu who can make some time from his schedule to convince you. He is presently on a short tour and hopefuly he can make an exhaustive reply to you. Before that it'd be better if you can start a new thread and make a list of all illogical things that you find in a humble manner without blashpeming anyone. I definitely find you as a modest person better than many muslims who keep using expletives in their conversations.

Peace be upon every one : )