IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Avinash

Monotheism vs Polytheism: Islam vs Hinduism

Rate this topic

I think Govindaram likely meant that Mohammad was an empowered incarnation, a living entity empowered by Krsna to perform some mission.

Is God an Arab? If His only name is the Arabic word Allah, then do we conclude that He is Arabic? The God of Abraham, the God of Jacob, Jehovah and Yahweh, how do these relate to Allah? If they are Allah, then you can accept that Sri Krsna is Allah.

To my understanding there is absolutely no mention of anything pertaining to Hinduism in the Islamic scriptures. There is no reference to the Deities in India or Krsna. The 'idols' were those of the Baals and Malakites. If Mohammad and Allah had wanted them wiped out, then surely they would be mentioned by name, for Allah is a just God.

If we are to believe that God is eternal, was never created, will never end, then why only now in the last few thousand years, out of the blue, did He create people on earth? All that time in the past and all that time in the future, just more nothing? I think the understanding of the Koran must be brought into line with reason and with the Vedic conception of cyclical time to be at all meaningful. Scholars must see the deeper truth contained in the scriptures presented by Mohammed.

gHari

Mr Gary and folks, Coming to modern times, we have the two important reformist movement of the Arya Samaj and the Brahmo Samaj in Hinduism. The latter is more influenced by Christianity and has discarded the theory of rebirth. Both of these sects denounce idol worship, the Arya Samajists being most militant in this respect. They take their inspiration from the Vedas which they say preached only the unity of God; but they denounce the theory of incarnation, image worship and ritualism

Brahm Samaj may have some similarities with Christianity. But, this is not enough reason to believe that it is influenced by Christianity. Moreover, I did not understand the intention behind this post. Are you trying to criticize Brahm Samaj or are you trying to criticize the concept of rebirth, image worship and ritualism?

You have posted some hymns which say that God is one. Even Hindus in this forum believe that God is one. So, why post those hymns?

Baghvat Gita which probably you may be holding the book of authority was written by Valmiki. Dont tell me now that he was the incarnate of Krishna.

Bhagavad Gita was spoken by Lord Krsna to Arjuna on the battle-field of Kurukshetra. Sanjaya was describing to King Drtarashtra what was going on in the battle-field. The great sage Veda-Vyasa wrote the dialog between Sanjaya and Drtarashtra.

Valmiki wrote Ramayana. He was also a great sage. When did any of us say that Valmiki was an incarnation of Krsna?

Guest guest

"Are you trying to criticize Brahm Samaj or are you trying to criticize the concept of rebirth, image worship and ritualism?"

Every peron of the book criticizes the concept of rebirth, image worship and ritualism.

To wrap the whole thing up I will quote some verses of the quran and you'll can consider this as my final discussion with you.

I donot say that I enjoyed because it is not something that you enjoy discussion religion. I have got the idea about your concept of GOD. " Its a pity but that is the way it may be."

However I will keep on browsing this site.

In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.

YUSUFALI: Say : O ye that reject Faith!

PICKTHAL: Say: O disbelievers!

SHAKIR: Say: O unbelievers!

YUSUFALI: I worship not that which ye worship,

PICKTHAL: I worship not that which ye worship;

SHAKIR: I do not serve that which you serve,

YUSUFALI: Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

PICKTHAL: Nor worship ye that which I worship.

SHAKIR: Nor do you serve Him Whom I serve:

YUSUFALI: And I will not worship that which ye have been wont to worship,

PICKTHAL: And I shall not worship that which ye worship.

SHAKIR: Nor am I going to serve that which you serve,

YUSUFALI: Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

PICKTHAL: Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

SHAKIR: Nor are you going to serve Him Whom I serve:

YUSUFALI: To you be your Way, and to me mine.

PICKTHAL: Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

SHAKIR: You shall have your religion and I shall have my religion.

This verse was revealed to Prophet Mohammed ( PBUH) for all the non believers and idol worshippers.

May Allah show you the right path. Ameen!!

Allah Hafiz.

You don't know what you worship. You don't know who we worship. Yet, you presume that we worship differently. This is not intelligent, but arrogant.

You have mistaken the sandal maker for God.

There can be only one, by definition. This is confirmed in the highest religious text, the Sri Caitanya-caritamrita Madhya-Lila 9.155-162:<blockquote><center><font color="RED">eka Izvara----bhaktera dhyAna-anurUpa

eka-i vigrahe kare nAnAkAra rUpa

</center>

eka Izvara--the Lord is one; bhaktera--of the devotees; dhyAna--meditation; anurUpa--according to; eka-i--one; vigrahe--in form; kare--exhibits; nAnA-AkAra--different; rUpa--forms.

</FONT>

"There is no difference between the transcendental forms of the Lord. Different forms are manifested due to different attachments of different devotees. Actually the Lord is one, but He appears in different forms just to satisfy His devotees.

<blockquote>PURPORT

In the Brahma-saMhitA (5.33) it is stated:

<center>

advaitam acyutam anAdim ananta-rUpam

AdyaM purANa-puruSaM nava-yauvanaM ca

</center>

The Lord is advaita, without differentiation. There is no difference between the forms of KRSNa, RAma, NArAyaNa and ViSNu. All of them are one. Sometimes foolish people ask whether when we chant "RAma" in the Hare KRSNa mantra we refer to Lord RAmacandra or Lord BalarAma. If a devotee says that the name RAma in the Hare KRSNa mahA-mantra refers to BalarAma, a foolish person may become angry because to him the name RAma refers to Lord RAmacandra. Actually there is no difference between BalarAma and Lord RAma. It does not matter whether one refers to BalarAma or to Lord RAmacandra when chanting Hare RAma, for there is no difference between Them. However, it is offensive to think that BalarAma is superior to Lord RAmacandra or vice versa. Neophyte devotees do not understand this zAstric conclusion, and consequently they unnecessarily create an offensive situation. In text 154 SrI Caitanya MahAprabhu clarified this in a very lucid way: Izvaratve bheda mAnile haya aparAdha. "It is offensive for one to differentiate between the forms of the Lord." On the other hand, one should not think that the forms of the Lord are the same as the forms of the demigods. This is certainly offensive, as confirmed by the VaiSNava-tantra:

<center>

yas tu nArAyaNaM devaM brahma-rudrAdi-daivataiH

samatvenaiva vIkSeta sa pASaNDI bhaved dhruvam

</center>

"A pASaNDI is one who considers the great demigods such as Lord BrahmA and Lord Siva equal to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, NArAyaNa." (Hari-bhakti-vilAsa 7.117)

The conclusion is that we should neither differentiate between the forms of the Lord nor equate the forms of the Lord with the forms of demigods or human beings. For instance, sometimes foolish sannyAsIs, thinking the body of the Lord to be material, equate daridra-nArAyaNa with NArAyaNa, and this is certainly offensive. Unless one is instructed by a bona fide spiritual master, he cannot perfectly understand these different forms. The Brahma-saMhitA confirms, vedeSu durlabham adurlabham Atma-bhaktau [bs. 5.33]. One cannot understand the differences between the forms of the Lord simply by academic study or by reading Vedic literature. One must learn from a realized devotee. Only then can one learn how to distinguish between one form of the Lord and another. The conclusion is that there is no difference between the forms of the Lord, but there is a difference between His forms and those of the demigods.</blockquote>

<center><font color="RED">

maNir yathA vibhAgena

nIla-pItAdibhir yutaH

rUpa-bhedam avApnoti

dhyAna-bhedAt tathAcyutaH

</center>

maNiH--jewel, specifically the jewel known as vaidUrya; yathA--as; vibhAgena--separately; nIla--blue; pIta--yellow; AdibhiH--and with other colors; yutaH--joined; rUpa-bhedam--difference of form; avApnoti--gets; dhyAna-bhedAt--by different types of meditation; tathA--similarly; acyutaH--the infallible Supreme Personality of Godhead.

</FONT>

"‘When the jewel known as vaidUrya touches various other materials, it appears to be separated into different colors, and consequently its forms also appear different. Similarly, according to the meditational ecstasy of the devotee, the Lord, who is known as Acyuta ["the infallible one"], appears in different forms, although He is essentially one.'"

<blockquote>PURPORT

This is a verse quoted from SrI NArada-paJcarAtra.</blockquote>

bhaTTa kahe,----kAhAG Ami jIva pAmara

kAhAG tumi sei kRSNa,----sAkSAt Izvara

</center>

bhaTTa kahe--VeGkaTa BhaTTa said; kAhAG--whereas; Ami--I; jIva--an ordinary living being; pAmara--fallen; kAhAG--whereas; tumi--You; sei kRSNa--the same Supreme Personality of Godhead, KRSNa; sAkSAt Izvara--directly the Lord.

</FONT>

VeGkaTa BhaTTa then said, "I am an ordinary fallen living entity, but You are KRSNa, the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself.

agAdha Izvara-lIlA kichui nA jAni

tumi yei kaha, sei satya kari' mAni

</center>

agAdha--unfathomable; Izvara-lIlA--pastimes of the Lord; kichui--anything; nA jAni--I do not know; tumi--You; yei--whatever; kaha--say; sei satya--that is right; kari' mAni--I accept.

</FONT>

"The transcendental pastimes of the Lord are unfathomable, and I do not know anything about them. Whatever You say I accept as the truth.

<blockquote>PURPORT

This is the way to understand the truth about the Supreme Personality of Godhead. After hearing the Bhagavad-gItA, Arjuna said very much the same thing:

<center>

sarvam etad RtaM manye yan mAM vadasi kezava

na hi te bhagavan vyaktiM vidur devA na dAnavAH

</center>

"O KRSNa, I totally accept as truth all that You have told me. Neither the demigods nor the demons, O Lord, can understand Your personality." (Bg. 10.14)

It is not possible to understand the truth about the pastimes of the Lord simply by using our own logic, argument and academic education. We must receive bona fide information from the Supreme Personality of Godhead, just as Arjuna received information when KRSNa spoke the Bhagavad-gItA. We have to accept the Bhagavad-gItA or any other Vedic literature in good faith. These Vedic literatures are the only source of knowledge about the Lord. We must understand that we cannot comprehend the Absolute Truth by the speculative process.</blockquote>

more pUrNa kRpA kaila lakSmI-nArAyaNa

tAGra kRpAya pAinu tomAra caraNa-darazana

</center>

more--unto me; pUrNa--complete; kRpA--mercy; kaila--did; lakSmI-nArAyaNa--the Deity of mother goddess of fortune and NArAyaNa; tAGra kRpAya--by Their mercy; pAinu--I have gotten; tomAra--Your; caraNa-darazana--vision of the lotus feet.

</FONT>

"I have been engaged in the service of LakSmI-NArAyaNa, and it is due to Their mercy that I have been able to see Your lotus feet.

<CENTER><font color="RED">

kRpA kari' kahile more kRSNera mahimA

yAGra rUpa-guNaizvaryera keha nA pAya sImA

</CENTER>

kRpA kari'--showing causeless mercy; kahile--You have spoken; more--unto me; kRSNera--of Lord KRSNa; mahimA--the glories; yAGra--whose; rUpa-guNa-aizvaryera--of forms, qualities and opulence; keha--anyone; nA--not; pAya--gets; sImA--the limit.

</FONT>

"Out of Your causeless mercy You have told me of the glories of Lord KRSNa. No one can reach the end of the opulence, qualities and forms of the Lord.

ebe se jAninu kRSNa-bhakti sarvopari

kRtArtha karile, more kahile kRpA kari'

</CENTER>

ebe--now; se--that; jAninu--I understand; kRSNa-bhakti--devotional service to Lord KRSNa; sarva-upari--above all; kRta-artha--successful; karile--You have made; more--unto me; kahile--You have spoken; kRpA kari'--by Your causeless mercy.

</FONT>

"I can now understand that devotional service unto Lord KRSNa is the supreme form of worship. Out of Your causeless mercy You have made my life successful simply by explaining the facts."

eta bali' bhaTTa paDilA prabhura caraNe

kRpA kari' prabhu tAGre kailA AliGgane

</CENTER>

eta bali'--saying this; bhaTTa--VeGkaTa BhaTTa; paDilA--fell down; prabhura caraNe--at the lotus feet of the Lord; kRpA kari'--showing him mercy; prabhu--Lord SrI Caitanya MahAprabhu; tAGre--unto him; kailA--did; AliGgane--embracing.

</FONT>

After saying this, VeGkaTa BhaTTa fell down before the lotus feet of the Lord, and the Lord, out of His causeless mercy, embraced him.</blockquote>

gHari

I have a question if there is one god as you say and you respect that also , pls define me demi gods such as ganesh, hanuman, devi maa and avtars. What are these and why do you need them.

What are Senators and why do you need them? What are college professors and why do you need them? The answer is that demigods are just people, like you or I, but on a higher level. We experience this in this very life. Demigods might be more applicable to what a Muslim might term an angel. Why do we need angels? Why do they exist? If you can answer this, then you can answer the question on demigods.

Guest guest

Nobody is entitled to be worshipped , could be Prophet Mohammed (PBUH), Jesus, Moses, all the approx 120,000 messengers , angels , rama , krishna, hanuman, kali, whoever , Senators , college professors , you name them all. Satan

I repeat the term WORSHIP.

Only GOD , Allah is.

Your head should only bow in front of GOD and not materialistic figures.

You know where I am coming from.

If you want to answer just stick to the point I have mentioned. Donot counter question for the answer.

Regards

Guest guest

Nobody is entitled to be worshipped , could be Prophet Mohammed (PBUH), Jesus, Moses, all the approx 120,000 messengers , angels , rama , krishna, hanuman, kali, whoever , Senators , college professors , you name them all. Satan

I repeat the term WORSHIP.

Only GOD , Allah is.

Your head should only bow in front of GOD and not materialistic figures.

You know where I am coming from.

Our scriptures have given us clear instructions how to worship the lord in the form of a deity. If you have a problem then it is your problem.

If you really follow someone (may so-called peace be upon him) who claims to be a so-called last messenger and denounces worship, then why the heck do you worship symbols like 786 and why do you need to bow down before a black stone called kabah??

The best anology to describe you is to compare you to a frog in the well that says the water in the well is the ultimate reservoir of water. It takes time for you to realize that beyond the well there are large oceans.

<< If you want to answer just stick to the point I have mentioned. Donot counter question for the answer.

If you are really inquisitive for knowledge of the Absolute Truth then you need to ponder over these counter questions with an open mind without having a narrow mind.

Guest, please write your name on the heading, so that it is clear for the reader that the post is from a Muslim or a Hindu.

Because, now I am confused about who is who, actually now I am beginning to think that the who is the who that is contradicting the who.

if you know what i mean... i am talking about the false poster existing in the same entity.

Guest guest

"then why the heck do you worship symbols like 786 and why do you need to bow down before a black stone called kabah??"

This is the greatest misunderstanding that every one has. If you have or want to visit any mosque in the world you will not find the photo or a replica of the kaaba in it.

It is not the kaaba that a muslim bows to . It is the direction to the house of GOD( which is not the kaaba) that a muslim bows to. Hence you find muslims in the east , west, north , south have one direction only that he bows to. Unlike other religions of the world that donot have direction.

Further no muslim worships 786. 786 has a very different meaning amd muslim finatics donot even beleive in this. This has been only made up in the sub-continent of India and Pakistan. You will not find this in the arab world where Islam was born.

Regards

Guest guest

You too have a great misunderstanding (that almost every muslim has) about hindu scriptures. Could you prove that God is formless?? If demigod allah is formless, it doesn't mean others are also formless. The supreme personality of Godhead has a form and if you are unable to conceive this, you have a long way to go before you come to know about this reality.

Look at other religions from a generic point of view.

I'd be thankful to you if you can explain me why you think yours is a peaceful religion when your scriptures themselves preach militancy. Take this example:

Read that verse in quran that says "when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

Thanks.

Guest guest

"You too have a great misunderstanding (that almost every muslim has) about hindu scriptures. Could you prove that God is formless?? If demigod allah is formless, it doesn't mean others are also formless. The supreme personality of Godhead has a form and if you are unable to conceive this, you have a long way to go before you come to know about this reality."

One question , why is the form of GOD so important for worship. Why his existence alone , is not important.

Further you have to read the context also behined that. Donot only quote the point that may cause confusion and put questions in the mind on the people.

FYI

Does Islam really allow the killing of innocent unbelievers?

This is one misunderstanding that keeps rising up against Islam. Islam does not in anyway allow for the killing of any innocent soul. I have gathered some of the Noble Verses that I am aware of that deal directly with war and peace to shed some light upon my readers.

Noble Verses that order the killing of the enemies:

Let us look at Noble Verses 9:28-29 "O ye believe! Truly the pagans are unclear; so let them not, after this year of theirs, approach the Sacred Mosque. And if ye fear povery, soon will Allah enrich you, if He wills, out of His bounty, For Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise."

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the last day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of truth, from among the people of the book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Let us look at Noble Verse 9:5 "Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful."

As we clearly see in the above Noble Verses, the laws of killing the unbelievers or the pagans were for particular and specific times, and not for all times and all places. Notice the quotes "...after this year..." and "...when the sacred months have passed...".

It is important to know that when Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him started preaching Islam, he had to deal with 360 Arab pagan tribes at first, and he and his followers had to go through a lot of battles that were imposed upon them by the pagans who were threatened by the new System and Wonderful Religion of Islam.

Noble Verses that deal with peace:

"Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it set in a spring of murky water: Near it he found a People: We said: 'O Zul-qarnain! (thou hast authority,) either to punish them, or to treat them with kindness.' (The Noble Quran, 18:86)" In this Noble Verse we see that if the enemy wants to do us harm, then we must punish those who did us harm. Otherwise, we must treat the enemy civilians and the innocents with kindness.

Let us look at Noble Verse 45:14 "Tell those who believe, to forgive those who do not look forward to the days of Allah: It is for Him to recompense (for good or ill) each people according to what they have earned."

Let us look at Noble Verse 5:32 "...if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people..." In this Noble Verse we clearly see that Allah Almighty honors all the innocent souls that He created. Killing any innocent soul is so hated by Allah Almighty that He considers it as a crime against all of Mankind.

Let us look at Noble Verse 25:68 "Those who invoke not, with God, any other god, nor slay such life as God has made sacred except for just cause, nor commit fornication; - and any that does this (not only) meets punishment." In this Noble Verse we clearly see that Allah Almighty considers the innocent soul "sacred". He will punish those who kill the innocent souls (by throwing them in hell).

Let us look at Noble Verse 2:182 "But if anyone fears partiality or wrong-doing on the part of the testator, and makes peace between (The parties concerned), there is no wrong in him: For God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful."

Let us look at Noble Verse 2:224 "And make not God's (name) an excuse in your oaths against doing good, or acting rightly, or making peace between persons; for God is One Who heareth and knoweth all things."

I'd say, this Noble Verse clearly proves my point: Let us look at Noble Verse 8:61 "But if the enemy incline towards peace, do thou (also) incline towards peace, and trust in God: for He is One that heareth and knoweth (all things)." In this Noble Verse, we clearly see Allah Almighty ordering us, the Muslims, to incline toward peace when the enemy inclines toward peace. This proves that Islam is not a religion for wars, but for peace.

Allah Almighty orders Muslims in the Noble Quran to allow total freedom of choice to people and to never try to force them into Islam; "Let there be no compulsion (forcing others) in religion: Truth stands out clear from error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy handhold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. (The Noble Quran, 2:256)" The Noble Quran prohibits Muslims to force any person into Islam. Muslims must not let people resent Islam and Muslims. They must leave people decide for themselves because the "Truth stands out clear from error...(2:256)"

Compulsion is incompatible with religion: Because (1) religion depends upon faith and will, and these would be meaningless by force; (2) Truth and Error have been so clearly shown up by the mercy of Allah Almighty that there should be no doubt in the minds of any persons of good will as to the fundamentals of faith; (3) Allah Almighty's protection is continuous, and His Plan is always to lead us from the depths of darkness into the clearest light.

In the above Noble Verses, we clearly see that Allah Almighty orders the Muslims to be forgiving to the enemies and to make peace and peace making their top priority. It is part of the Muslim's morals to be a peaceful person.

Muslims start their greetings with "As'salamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatu Allah Wa Barakatuh", which means in English "May GOD's peace, mercy and blessings be upon you."

Guest guest

thanks for your reply.

One question , why is the form of GOD so important for worship. Why his existence alone , is not important.

Who said only the forms of GOD are important and the rest are not important?? Others are also important. It is only a matter of your subjective experience in realizing the absolute truth. Absolute Truth is realized in three phases of understanding, namely Brahman, or the impersonal all-pervasive spirit; Paramatma, or the localized aspect of the Supreme within the heart of all living entities; and Bhagavan, or the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Krsna. In the Srimad-Bhagavatam

(1.2.11) this conception of the Absolute Truth is explained thus:

vadanti tat tattva-vidas

tattvam yaj jnanam advayam

brahmeti paramatmeti

bhagavan iti sabdyate

"The Absolute Truth is realized in three phases of understanding by the

knower of the Absolute Truth, and all of them are identical. Such

phases of the Absolute Truth are expressed as Brahman, Paramatma, and

Bhagavan."

These three divine aspects can be explained by the example of the sun,

which also has three different aspects, namely the sunshine, the sun's

surface and the sun planet itself. One who studies the sunshine only

is the preliminary student. One who understands the sun's surface is

further advanced. And one who can enter into the sun planet is the

highest. <u>Ordinary students who are satisfied by simply understanding

the sunshine--its universal pervasiveness and the glaring effulgence

of its impersonal nature--may be compared to those who can realize

only the Brahman feature of the Absolute Truth. </u>The student who has

advanced still further can know the sun disc, which is compared to

knowledge of the Paramatma feature of the Absolute Truth. And the

student who can enter into the heart of the sun planet is compared to

those who realize the personal features of the Supreme Absolute Truth.

Therefore, the bhaktas, or the transcendentalists who have realized

the Bhagavan feature of the Absolute Truth, are the topmost

transcendentalists, although all students who are engaged in the study

of the Absolute Truth are engaged in the same subject matter. The

sunshine, the sun disc and the inner affairs of the sun planet cannot

be separated from one another, and yet the students of the three

different phases are not in the same category.

The Sanskrit word bhagavan is explained by the great authority

Parasara Muni, the father of Vyasadeva. The Supreme Personality who

possesses all riches, all strength, all fame, all beauty, all

knowledge and all renunciation is called Bhagavan. There are many

persons who are very rich, very powerful, very beautiful, very famous,

very learned, and very much detached, but no one can claim that he

possesses all riches, all strength, etc., entirely. Only Krsna can

claim this because He is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. No living

entity, including Brahma, Lord Siva, or Narayana, can possess

opulences as fully as Krsna. Therefore it is concluded in the

Brahma-samhita by Lord Brahma himself that Lord Krsna is the Supreme

Personality of Godhead. No one is equal to or above Him. He is the

primeval Lord, or Bhagavan, known as Govinda, and He is the supreme

cause of all causes:

isvarah paramah krsnah

sac-cid-ananda-vigrahah

anadir adir govindah

sarva-karana-karanam

"There are many personalities possessing the qualities of Bhagavan, but

Krsna is the supreme because none can excel Him. He is the Supreme

Person, and His body is eternal, full of knowledge and bliss. He is

the primeval Lord Govinda and the cause of all causes."

(Brahma-samhita 5.1)

In the Bhagavatam also there is a list of many incarnations of the

Supreme Personality of Godhead, but Krsna is described as the original

Personality of Godhead, from whom many, many incarnations and

Personalities of Godhead expand:

ete camsa-kalah pumsah

krsnas tu bhagavan svayam

indrari-vyakulam lokam

mrdayanti yuge yuge

"All the lists of the incarnations of Godhead submitted herewith are either

plenary expansions or parts of the plenary expansions of the Supreme

Godhead, but Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself."

(SB. 1.3.28)

Therefore, Krsna is the original Supreme Personality of Godhead, the

Absolute Truth, the source of both the Supersoul and the impersonal

Brahman.

=====

So why do you want to restrict the abilities of your GOD? If he is having all the above mentioned qualities then he is Supreme personality of Godhead, else I'd say he is a demigod like many of other demigods.

Guest guest

"Therefore, Krsna is the original Supreme Personality of Godhead, the

Absolute Truth, the source of both the Supersoul and the impersonal

Brahman."

One question is Lord Krsna the same as Krishna ?

This is only your assumption ( General Statment , I actually donot mean you). It is not the word of GOD.

Reason that I am saying is because it is a universal fact that there are only 3 people of the books and even the Hindu philosophers ,saints people of the higher authority know that. Jews , Christians and Muslims. If the hindu community donot believe in the books that is a different aspect all toghether because if they believe then they would not be hindus.

But your books have being written by human beings and a human being is always capable of making mistakes.

Now you would say that these books that we believe were also written by men as that is the info that you have.

This is the biggest difference between us. And if this is the case then I challenge you to write a verse by yourself to prove us wrong.

Awaiting your reply.

Guest guest

krsna = the all attractive

allah = the greatest

one who is the greatest attracts everyone

one who attracts everyone is without dubt the greatest

hari bolo

chant the name of allah(dini shakti = in gaudya vaishna va philosophy... the source of the love for God)!!!!

:-)

How can you know what is written by God and what is written by human beings? Was Quran written by Allah? If no, then it was written by human being. As you have mentioned, human beings are capable of making mistakes. If yes, then how can you claim this? You have written: -

Now you would say that these books that we believe were also written by men as that is the info that you have.

This is the biggest difference between us. And if this is the case then I challenge you to write a verse by yourself to prove us wrong.

If somebody writes a verse, then who will judge the quality of the verse? I can as well say that you try to write a verse of the quality which is found in Bhagavad-Gita.

Guest guest

Dear friend,

BhagavadGita is spoken by Lord Krishna (It is the song of the lord) and everyone excepting few persons (atheists and some muslims) believe this. You cannot deny this.

And everyone knows that Quran is written by a human being and nobody (including you) can deny this fact. The only explanation you have is "upon careful study of quran, it is concluded that no human can write such a thing". This would be definitely fallacious. And upon *careful* study by thoughtful people it is concluded that the verses are forced to fit and explain the current scientific facts. And many contradictions too are found in Quran. If you want you can put the verses here and lets have a new thread for a healthy debate among thoughtful people. You can invite your scholars. Just giving hyperlinks to some webpages wouldnot suffice.

I'd again say you are like a frog in the well and you are unaware of the wealth of knowledge contained in vedas and upanishads. Don't get carried away by fanatic & narrow beliefs.

Most of the verses in Quran which are about their hell and everything, are taken from "Garuda Purana" from the Puranas.

Its a fact, because most of the verses in Garuda Purana that explain about the lowly planets, are very similar to the verses in Quran.

Guest guest

"BhagavadGita is spoken by Lord Krishna (It is the song of the lord) and everyone excepting few persons (atheists and some muslims) believe this. You cannot deny this."

My question again.

Is Lord Krsna the same as Krishna ?

I just want to tackle one question at a time. I am not intelligent as you people are. Just a simple answer to a simple question. Yes Or No.

We can then discuss

Regards

Guest guest

Mr Avinash , forget about the others , let us see how your own people will judge when you try writting one.

Regards

Guest guest

Ok.

<< Is Lord Krsna the same as Krishna ?

could you pls be more specific?? are you refering to the name or to some person? there are many people with name krishna. whom are you refering to when you say "krishna" ??

Anyway, I'd also want to inform you that Lord and his names are not distinct. So, the Lord and his name are non-different.

Now please try refuting the allegations that the verses in Quran are forced to fit and explain current scientific facts and there are many internal contradictions.

Guest guest

Surprising , How could you equate your lord to any krishna , I know that you have many.

Let me rephrase it.

Lord krsna and Lord Krishna from your books. If taht is what you call him.

Guest guest

<< Surprising , How could you equate your lord to any krishna , I know that you have many.

This shows how bad your understanding is. No one is trying to equate Lord to any other mundane person by name 'krishna'.

And coming to your rephrased question, yes krsna, krishna refer to the same Absolute Truth, Lord Krishna. While writing sanskrit words in english and indicating where to give syllable stress it is sometimes written as krsna. The exact font cannot be typed while posting using this text area.

Its similar to this: people write 'Quran' or sometimes 'kuran' or kur'an all refering to the same holy book of yours.