IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
popkern

Mantra Meditation 101

Rate this topic

Haribol! I had the opportunity to study bhakti-yoga from Chaitanya Mission Center in Manila, Philippines founded by Siddhaswarupananda Paramahamsa. I just designed a simple website called Mantra Meditation 101, the main purpose of the site is to provide the spirit souls who usually spend most of their time on the net to have an idea on the real meaning of meditation and understand what is mantra meditation and also encourage them to study and learn more of bhakti-yoga and read the life-force booklet series written by Siddhaswarupa.

I humbly ask the forumers here to visit the website and also seek for your kind assistance in helping promote the site, there is a page where you can recommend the site to your friends, and also a guestbook called “mantra meditation works!”, where you can share your personal experience and testimony on how chanting the holy names of God made a difference in your life, so we can bring inspiration and encouragement to people.

Please check it out www.mantra101.ionichost.com

Thanks so much! Haribol! Posted Image

All the best wishes to jndas and staff and all the folks in this forum!

popkern,

I tried to view the site but couldn't due to being attacked by someone selling anti virus software.The pages would become totally blocked out by these ads.I'm not sure if you are aware of it or not,if it is connected to your site or not or if it would have happened to me at that time anywhere else.

I very much welcome your effort and will be more than happy to send others once I can be assured that it is readable.

Haribol soul

theist,

namaste, thanks for the concern, please try logging again to the site, the site is powered by a free web hosting co. they don't put banners or frames on the site, they just open a simple window which will be on the background of the surfer's main browser window, so he (she) will not see it until he actually leaves the site.

Please do visit the webiste again here's the url: www.mantra101.ionichost.com

My apologies for any inconvenience.

Haribol! Posted Image

This is a really impressive site, prabhu, though I was disappointed not to find Srila Prabhupada's name mentioned once (though it may be there, somewhere). As he is Srila Siddhasvarupananda's spiritual master, I am sure he would be very pleased to see this acknowledgement and credit included. Other than that, the whole thing is very dynamic, and I am impressed with your articles and your writing style. Love the explanations of true meditation, how to practice mantra meditation, and there seem to be a wealth of other types of helpful articles, like the specific health ones. I was reading one article, on self-pity, and liked what you said about trying to dominate another person is like trying to dominate the weather; it is just not possible. A futile exercise. You include the personal element in your writing which makes it really reader friendly for the likes of me.

The design of the site is great too.

Thanks for this link. If you gave some credit to Srila Prabhupada, I would recommend this site to anybody.

thanks, JR

Well, I went back to add my praise to your guestbook, but didn't see the link?

A small correction: On the left of the page, your link says "Share this site to a friend". It should read "Share this site WITH a friend".

Keep up the great work.

JR

Jrdd,

Srila Prahupada is mentioned as Siddhas guru.Just click on the who is Siddhasvarupa link.

popkern,

I went back to the site with no problems.Apparently I was just targeted by some outside sinister force that lurks in cyberspace.

Nice site.We wish you all success.

Hare Krsna

I really like this site. Regarding Srila Prabhupada, he's mentioned several times as Siddhasvarupananda's guru. Because I lived with him as a brahmachari since he surrendered everything to ISKCON in 1970, I can attest to the veracity of the bio.

This site's success is assured by its dedication to Lord Chaitanya's mission. Great work!

Babhru das

Popkern,

To publicize your site you need to add META KEYS. You will see them and their location in the index.html file in the Kingdom of God site below by clicking on the VIEW SOURCE feature of your browser (right click in Explorer) at the beginning of the file. META NAMES="keywords" lists a bunch of words that people might search for.

Once you have done this you can add your URL (Site address) to the various search engines either by going to the search engine and clicking ADD URL or by using some of the automated functions like http://www.addme.com/

The when people search the net for "mantra" or "meditation" or Siddhasvarupa" they will find you site.

gHari

------------------

Gary Stevason

Seeking the Kingdom of God

Originally posted by JRdd:

A small correction: On the left of the page, your link says "Share this site to a friend". It should read "Share this site WITH a friend".

Keep up the great work.

JR

Namaste! thanks for the correction on the grammar, the guestbook is found on the left side of the page, there's a link there called "Mantra Meditation Works!", by clicking this link you'll be directed to the guestbook page. I hope you'll visit and try it again! Posted Image

All the information on the website were taken from Siddhaswarupa's Life Force Series Publication, my hats off to the folks there, I believe Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupad is well represented in the website, as you read the contents, the essence of Bkativedanta Swami's teaching is always present, since Siddhaswarupa never deviates from the teaching of his Spiritual Master, the message they are sharing to us spirit souls are one in the same.

Haribol! hope you can help promote the site!

Posted Image

Originally posted by theist:

Jrdd,

Srila Prahupada is mentioned as Siddhas guru.Just click on the who is Siddhasvarupa link.

popkern,

I went back to the site with no problems.Apparently I was just targeted by some outside sinister force that lurks in cyberspace.

Nice site.We wish you all success.

Hare Krsna

theist,

Haribol! thanks for visiting the site again, hope you can sign on the guestbook on your next visit and also recommend the site to your friends who would like to know about meditation.

popkern,

There is a thread under Newletters and Journals where web addresses are now being collected for easy reference.

Please add your sites address.

Jaya Radhe Syama!

Originally posted by gHari:

Popkern,

To publicize your site you need to add META KEYS. You will see them and their location in the index.html file in the Kingdom of God site below by clicking on the VIEW SOURCE feature of your browser (right click in Explorer) at the beginning of the file. META NAMES="keywords" lists a bunch of words that people might search for.

Once you have done this you can add your URL (Site address) to the various search engines either by going to the search engine and clicking ADD URL or by using some of the automated functions like http://www.addme.com/

The when people search the net for "mantra" or "meditation" or Siddhasvarupa" they will find you site.

gHari

ghari,

thanks for the suggestion, will do that as soon as i get back to my pc. Posted Image

Haribol!

Is AvinashJi be offering the correspondence course in corrections? And have you been taking same?

Posted Image

Thanks prabhus for clearing that up about Srila Prabhupada being mentioned. I have great respect for Srila Siddhaswarup, ever since I began hearing about him in the early seventies, and I enjoy reading Gaurachandra's posts from his radio show, and hearing about him from Mahaksa. I just didn't browse the site enoough to have seen Srila Prabhupada's name. There is so much to see there!

I'm glad to hear of the meta tag info from gHari, I have been wondering about that too.

I am still wondering who the mischievous Shashi is. I keep thinking he is jijaji.

thanks, all,

JR

I am still wondering who the mischievous Shashi is. I keep thinking he is jijaji.

jijaji is Shashi?No, i don't think so.I often suspect jijaji of being behind so many ID's.Which of course he often is.

Haven't heard from him in a while.Is it possible that he has used up every available email address on the web and subsequently run out of aliases?

I do feel him lurking though, right ji?

Haribol! thanks to the folks here who visited mantra meditation 101, please do visit again and don't forget to sign in the guestbook and let others know how mantra meditation made a difference in your life, the guestbook is located on the link called "mantra meditation works" and I hope you could recommend the website to people who are interested in meditation, thanks so much! really appreciate the assistance and support Posted Image

Very nice website. I was looking for some websites on Srila Siddhaswarupananda, but unfortunately couldn't find any really. Most were now defunct. Now people who don't know who he is can see a picture. Out of curiosity how many pages does one of the Life Force books run?

Originally posted by Gauracandra:

Very nice website. I was looking for some websites on Srila Siddhaswarupananda, but unfortunately couldn't find any really. Most were now defunct. Now people who don't know who he is can see a picture. Out of curiosity how many pages does one of the Life Force books run?

Gauracandra,

Haribol! thanks for visiting the site, each life force booklet has an average of 30 pages, Siddhaswarupa also wrote two books which is available here in the Philippines: "Who are you?" Discovering Your Real Identity & Reincarnation Explained.

Hope you'll visit the site again and sign in the guestbook there, so we could encourage more people to start hearing and chanting God's Holy Names! Thanks again! Posted Image

The reason I haven't written in the guestbook yet is I want to read the site more, so I can maybe say more in its praises, which I well expect to do, judging from the quality of what I have seen so far.

I am glad to hear there is a picture of SS, as though he is famous for his preaching, I don't think I ever saw any pictures of him in all this time. Which says something right there.

Originally posted by theist:

jijaji is Shashi?No, i don't think so.

I do feel him lurking though, right ji?

Me either actually. I guess I was carelesly throwing it out, to maybe get someone to spill the beans or something. Shashi is much more positive, and I hope is not offended. But something about the nature of the broken English makes me wonder...

JR

Is AvinashJi be offering the correspondence course in corrections? And have you been taking same?

Don't blame me if I correct you. After all, it is you who took my name thus drawing my attention. Posted Image

You should not have used the word 'be' after before offering. Insert the word 'the' before 'same'. It would better (though it was not necessary) if you used 'doing' instead of 'taking'. Posted Image

Originally posted by abhi_the_great:

Why is there no recent photographs of the Jagat Guru? It wd add more grace to the front page of the site.

abhi

abhi,

Haribol! thanks for the suggestion, I still have no recent pics of Srila Siddhaswarupananda, but will get one soon. Please do visit the site again and don't forget to sign in the guestbook so we can help encourage people to chant the Holy Names of God! Namaste.

More photos of Srila Siddhaswarupananda would be very nice. Usually with his programs when I watch them I can date approximately when they were made based on his appearance. Its just the natural aging process. I must say he appears to be in very good physical condition.

I saw some more recent pictures of Siddha on one of the devotees' Web site a couple of years ago, but as has been noted, they're pretty much gone now. There are also a couple of recent pictures at Garuda'a farm in Opihikao; he looks older but quite well.