IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
radhe

experience of krishna

Rate this topic

Request people who have directly experienced the lord krishna..to write about their experiences in this thread..Reading about it gives delight.. BVI, a request.. can you write about your experience in detail?

Poor taste and another kind of voyeurism!

Secrecy is practiced by true, humble devotees.

Originally posted by Jagat:

We all know Narottam Das' line Apana bhajana kathA nA balio jathA tathA--"Don't go telling the revelations you have received in bhajan here and there."

Here is a verse from Hatha-yoga-pradipika (2.9) that gives a nice example--

[This message has been edited by Jagat (edited 04-15-2002).]

We all know Narottam Das' line Apana bhajana kathA nA balio jathA tathA--"Don't go telling the revelations you have received in bhajan here and there."

From the commentary of Ananta Das Pandit on this verse (PBC 119):<blockquote><font color=blue>"Now Srila Thakura Mahasaya concludes this Prema Bhakti Candrika by explaining how a devotee conceals his realisations in bhajana. The light of the moon of loving devotion must always be kept hidden within the heart, and by doing so the heart will be illuminated and cooled off, and the Cakora-bird-like life-airs will be blessed with the relish of the sweet nectar of prema.

The devotee should take care that he does not reveal his realisations in bhajana to anyone and everyone. When it is necessary the practitioner will reveal them to Sri Gurudeva and his own intimate rasika devotee-friends, but never to anyone else. It would harm his humility and would inevitably damage his bhajana. Prior to this Srila Thakura Mahasaya has repeatedly warned the practitioners about this in verses like: 'rAkho prema hRdaye bhariyA' ("Keep your love hidden in your heart"), and 'gupate sAdhibe siddhi' ("By secretly practicing you attain perfection"). We can understand how important this point is because it is repeatedly mentioned.

Srimat Jiva Gosvamipada has written in the end of his Bhakti Sandarbha (339) --

atra ca zri guroH zrI bhagavato vA prasAda labdhaM sAdhana sAdhyagataM svIya sarvasva bhUtaM yat kim api rahasyaM tat tu na kasmaicit prakAzanIyam yathAha (BhAgavata 8.17.20) naitat parasmA AkhyeyaM pRSThayApi kathaJcana. sarvaM sampadyate devi deva guhyaM susaMvRtam --

Whatever confidential experiences are attained in connection with the practice and the goal given by the grace of Sri Guru or Sri Bhagavan, which are one’s very own treasure, should not be revealed to anyone. In Srimad Bhagavata Sri Vishnu tells Sri Aditi-devi -- O Devi! Whatever secrets I told you should never be revealed to anyone, even if someone inquires after it! All secrets of the gods in the sky will yield fruit only when kept secret. </font>

</blockquote>

However, given the natural need for each one of us to hear histories of success in devotional service, I warmly recommend studying the hagiographies of the saints of the past. You may start at http://saints.raganuga.com if you wish. Reading Sri Bhakti Ratnakara is highly recommended.

Why should Radhe's question be in poor taste? She was merely asking about our realizations. Who said anything about any secrets? Are we on that level, anyway?

Experiences with Lord Krishna:

In Mayapur, a devotee goes from door to door, calling, "Haribol! Mangal-arati!" When I reached the templeroom, I silently thanked that devotee. He woke me up to experience Radharani's and Krishna's mercy. Singing together with the devotees in that early muhurta was a lovely experience, and I don't want to hide it from others.

On Nrisimha-caturdasi, I sat down to honor prasadam with my friends. Did I, or did I not experience Krishna through that eating? I think I did.

I feel Him when I sit on top of the hill (my favorite japa-spot) and softly chant His name. I feel Him in the breeze when it gently touches my cheeks, and although I cannot fully appreciate His mercy, I keep on going because He has kindly allowed me to have a tiny drop of taste. I have no great secrets to hide, no great revelations waiting to be uncovered. No one is going to announce me as a pure devotee (or perhaps even a devotee). I can only share what I know has happened. Why don't you share something, too? After all, you must have experienced some higher taste. It is nectarean to hear.

Guest guest

Excellent...

Realization of Krishna need not be esoteric. The question did sound in bad taste but perhaps it was misunderstood.

The first time I had to leave India for Singapore I was scared that I wont be able to practice KC especially being a brahmachari. I remembered one of the classes where it was said by a sannyasi guru,"When our consciousness changes, the external world also changes". Deriving strength from this I went. When I landed at my apartment, I saw a devotee going for kirtan. I was amazed. I ran to him and he said - come join the kirtan which I did immediately after a shower. From one of my windows was Laxmi Narayan temple and the other was Srinivasa temple!

please forgive me if my words showed disrespect.. Just that it gives me delight to read these experiences.. particularly of great personal experiences of bhaktas in history.. Let me narrate one real-life story from history which my grandfather told me... If the facts are not accurate please correct me..."A great devotee of rama was working as a collector for a muslim king. People approached him asking for funds for constructing a temple for Sri Rama. Our collector being the great devotee.. gave away the taxes that he had collected...for the holy purpose.. The king put the collector in a dungeon for this.. The devotee started spending his time...chanting the holy name of rama.. After some time, the king came to the collector and released him.. the suprised collector then asked the king why he was being released after so many months.. The king told him.. that 2 shining youths came and gave the tax ( in gold coins ).. more than what was due.. The king..then asked the collector who those handsome guys were? The collector hearing this became very sad.. He said.."while i have been praying to the lord for such a long time, i have never been able to see him.. Fortunate indeed are you..for you have been able to see the lord rama...".the king was elated..and fell to the feet of the brahmin and begged for his forgiveness.. Later on, the lord came in the brahmin's dream and told him the reason for giving the king his darsan..The king in his previous birth was a commoner..who was told by someone that "if a person were to offer 1000 kodam (buckets) of water from mother ganges to the diety nearby, with the right attitude.. he would have a darsan of the lord.." The commoner then started pouring one by one.. by the time he reached 999, he was so tired & frustrated..that he complained loudly and stopped.. "by this time i should have had some opening at least...this must just some vague story..." Upon this, he heard a voice.. "only if you had completed the 1000 th one too!!!! ? because of this..you will not be able to see me in this birth!!!" Hence the experience..in the next birth..

Moral : Dont try to judge Krsna's actions with your mind..cos Krsna's view of the world is much wider than that of the limited mind... He is simply beyond the mind.. Have faith even when things dont look favourable..

If you have rare stories/personal experiences..please share...

If u have rare delightful experiences like these..please share them..

As per my opinion, secrecy is to practiced because the ego gets material from any kind of publicity.. one becomes proud.. i was only requesting for bhakta's experiences.. ( vignettes ) which are not commonly available.. some rare experience/story..

one more true story.. A great devotee of the lord..was given a great mantra by his guru.. while giving the mantra..the guru warned him.. "this is a powerful mantra.. you can realise god if you repeat this mantra..however you will be sent to hell if you tell this to somebody else.." The devotee immediately went to the top of a temple.., called everybody and shouted the mantra..in the top of his voice.., told them..the greatness of the mantra... The guru then angrily asked the devotee why he did that..? The devotee replied that "even if i go to hell.. all these people will be able to realise the god..." such selflessness!!!! The happy guru..blessed the devotee with all his heart..it was his test!!!

Srila Prabhupada says the same thing in one of his lectures.Actually Gurus who give secret mantras are bogus.Distribute Maha Mantra freely Posted Image

Thanks for sharing your stories.You know in dreams we travel in subtle realms may be you met Lord Krsna who knows Posted Image He is Everywhere

How old are you?

God bless u.

I would have to agree with Srila Sridhara Maharaja who says not to reveal secret things since you can never prove them anyway. Reducing them to words is quite profane anyway.

About dreams though, a most disturbing one the other night befell me. I was in a community of devotees and I came to realize how fallen they were since they were actually acquiring animals to slaughter for those who were still flesh-eaters. Then I discovered one who had ordered a dog to be cooked. I grabbed him and, lifting him in one hand over my head, threw him seemingly 100 feet. Then I woke up, quite depressed about the prospect of ever finding devotees on the planet.

The most wonderful dream was waking up and the whole world was walking about performing kirtana; everyone. And when I did actually wake up, the wonderful feeling was still lingering. Seems I still have some work to do about the world-wide kirtana though.

I remember that some days ago,I was sitting on a public bus listening to a recording of a Ratha-yatra kirtan led by HH Indradyumna Swami (which I had recorded from the Internet) on a walkman when I saw a van with a Jagannatha sticker on it.If I remember correctly,there were two Jagananatha stickers on the van.I like to think that it was the Lord's way of saying hi. Posted Image

[This message has been edited by leyh (edited 06-02-2002).]

If you see Krishna then you will manifest the asta sattvika bhavas, if you do not it was your imagination.

According to Visvanatha's Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu-bindu (2.16):

<blockquote><font color=red>kiJca bhaktAnAM cittAnusAreNa bhAvAnAM prAkaTya tAratamyaM bhavati. tatra kvacit samudravad gambhIra citte 'pi aprAkaTyam svalpa prAkaTyaM va. alpa khAtavattarala citte atizaya prAkaTyam ca bhavatIti nAyam Atyantika niyama iti prapaJco na likhitaH.

There are differences in the manifestation of bhava in accordance with the psychological nature of the devotees. In those whose hearts are mysterious and deep (like an ocean), the bhava manifests not at all or to a very slight extent. In those whose hearts are fickle and shallow like a pond, in them bhava is excessively manifest. Since there are no rules for the manifestation of bhava, it is not elaborated upon.</font></blockquote>Hence the manifestation of bhava upon coming in contact with vibhAvAlambana (Sri Krishna) is dependent on the nature of the devotee. There is no gradation of superiority or inferiority here. According to Visvanatha's Madhurya Kadambini, the real darshan of Sri Krishna takes place when prema appears within the heart of the devotee.

Please accept my humble Obeisances & all glories to Srila Prabhupada !!

The story told by Radha is a true one, happened in the Golkunda Fort of Hyderabed, the name of the muslim king is kuli kutub shah, & the name of the minister who built the Ram Temple at "Bhadrachalam" is "Bhakta Ramdasa", he was put in the jail for several years I don't know exact figure but aroung 25 years.

I persaonally visited that fort, & saw that place where he was kept, while he was in the jail for so many years he made the deties from his finger nails carving the stones, The temple built by him at Bhadrachalam is very famous one & it is said that every morning Lord Ram comes there along with Sita & Lakshmana.

Hari Bol,

Sushil.

[This message has been edited by sushil_kanoria (edited 06-02-2002).]

Thanks sushil!!!!

One humble request : No controversies..please.. i beg of you..atleast not in this thread.. If you think your experiences are to be kept secret and only between the lord & yourself..please do so.. Would have loved to read that experience of yours, BVI..anyway!!!

thanks for the encouragement bhaktajoy..i am in my early 20s. One thing that i am sure of.. is that the lord listens to my prayers always.. Will give me his darsan one day..when i am pure enough...

Srila Prabhupada clearly points out that Radha Kundai is meant for liberated souls, and self-realized souls who are authorized to go there to relish the asta-kaliya lila at the stage of bhava or prema. That is something you will not hear them represent.

In the Nectar of Instruction, verse 11, Srila Prabhupada, paraphrasing the words of Bhaktivinoda, states that Radha Kund is the best place for advancing in devotional service, and moreover, it is the best place for those who are interested in attaining their siddha-deha.

<blockquote><font color=blue>It is stated that a devotee will at once develop pure love of Krsna in the wake of the gopis if he once takes a bath in Radha-kunda. Srila Rupa Gosvami recommends that even if one cannot live permanently on the banks of Radha-kunda, he should at least take a bath in the lake as many times as possible. This is a most important item in the execution of devotional service. Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura writes in this connection that Sri Radha-kunda is the most select place for those interested in advancing their devotional service in the wake of the lady friends (sakhis) and confidential serving maids (manjaris) of Srimati Radharani. Living entities who are eager to return home to the transcendental kingdom of God, Goloka Vrndavana, by means of attaining their spiritual bodies (siddha-deha) should live at Radha-kunda, take shelter of the confidential serving maids of Sri Radha and under their direction engage constantly in Her service.</font></blockquote>Later on in the same purport, he states that living at Radha Kund is the best means of becoming free from material conceptions:

<blockquote><font color=blue>If, by great fortune, one gets an opportunity to come to Radha-kunda and bathe even once, he can develop his transcendental love for Krsna, exactly as the gopis did. It is also recommended that one should live on the banks of Radha-kunda and should be absorbed in the loving service of the Lord. One should bathe there regularly and give up all material conceptions, taking shelter of Sri Radha and Her assistant gopis. If one is thus constantly engaged during his lifetime, after giving up the body he will return back to Godhead to serve Sri Radha in the same way as he contemplated during his life on the banks of Radha-kunda. The conclusion is that to live on the banks of the Radha-kunda and to bathe there daily constitute the highest perfection of devotional service. </font></blockquote>Therefore, those who are engaged in the practice of devotional service on the banks of Radha Kunda are the most fortunate, and no intelligent person desires to live elsewhere (NOI 9, 10):<blockquote><font color=blue>Srila Rupa Gosvami has given much stress to Radha-kunda because of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s desire to find it. Who, then, would give up Radha-kunda and try to reside elsewhere? No person with transcendental intelligence would do so.

Indeed, those who execute devotional service on the banks of Radha-kunda are the most fortunate people in the universe.</font></blockquote>Therefore, how much should we desire to reside there! And how immensely blessed are they, who have been given a place for bhajan at Radha Kunda! Sri Radha Kunda is the best place for both the perfected and the seekers of perfection.

Raga, I have to admit, after seeing those last two posts by Sha and Prema108, I am coming to appreciate your culture, at least as the best of the bunch. I don't recall you getting so nasty. As Jagat was appreciating you have been rather polite (though not perfectly so). I think it is the influence of all those BBT books you distributed that is protecting you.

Originally posted by raga:

In the Nectar of Instruction, verse 11, Srila Prabhupada, paraphrasing the words of Bhaktivinoda, states that Radha Kund is the best place for advancing in devotional service, and moreover, it is the best place for those who are interested in attaining their siddha-deha.

<blockquote><font color=blue>It is stated that a devotee will at once develop pure love of Krsna in the wake of the gopis if he once takes a bath in Radha-kunda. Srila Rupa Gosvami recommends that even if one cannot live permanently on the banks of Radha-kunda, he should at least take a bath in the lake as many times as possible. This is a most important item in the execution of devotional service. Srila Bhaktivinoda Thakura writes in this connection that Sri Radha-kunda is the most select place for those interested in advancing their devotional service in the wake of the lady friends (sakhis) and confidential serving maids (manjaris) of Srimati Radharani.

Okay, nice try, but that endeavor as Srila Prabhupada says elsewhere is for liberated souls. You are only proving my point, which is not my own, but Srila Prabhupada's.

"...Out of many such people who are advanced in knowledge [jnanis], one who is practically liberated by virtue of his knowledge may take to devotional service. He is superior to the others. However, one who has actually attained prema, pure love of Krsna, is superior to him..." NoI 10

Prabhupada said first become human, then become brahmana then become Vaishnava, it is not a cheap thing. One has to become liberated even to take to devotional service as a real not imitation devotee.

Here is another one...

Prabhupada: So Krsna is Acyuta. He never falls. So this is a false theory that when God falls down He becomes a jiva, and when He is again revived in His original position, He becomes God. This is nonsense theory. It has no meaning. God never falls down. But rascals, avajananti mam mudha manusim tanum asritam [bg. 9.11], because they're rascals, they think Krsna as ordinary human being. Avajananti mam mudhah. Therefore Krsna's lila in Vrndavana, so many rascals, they think that Krsna's dealing with the gopis is the same as one young man or young boy plays with other young girls. No. They are different. Ananda-cinmaya-rasa-pratibhavitabhih. This dealing, in this material world, between young boys and girls, they're material. They're simply a reflection of the original dealings. The verse in the Vedanta-sutra, janmady asya yatah [sB 1.1.1]. From Brahman everything is emanating. Without being in Brahman, nothing can be manifest or existing within this world. So these love affairs between young girls and young boy, is there in Brahman. That is the dealing of Krsna and the gopis. So that dealing is pervertedly reflected within this material world. It is not the same thing. It is different. But those who are not in the knowledge, they take it that the dealings... Idam Visnu and the vraja-vadhu... It is so nice that actually if one hears about the dealings of the gopis and Krsna, then he becomes so elevated in devotion that he forgets the lusty dealings between man and woman. That is the result. It is stated in the Bhagavatam, apahinoti, bhaktim pratilabhya apahinoti kamam.. If one is eligible to hear the dealings of gopis and Krsna, the result will be he'll forget the lusty desires of this material world. Therefore it is not for all. These dealings of gopis and Krsna is meant for the liberated person. They can hear, not the ordinary persons. Therefore this krsna-lila is given in the Tenth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam. So don't jump over. First of all you try to understand Krsna, Acyuta. Janmady asya yatah anvayad itaratas carthesv abhijnah svarat [sB 1.1.1]. To understand Krsna, not only... The Bhagavad-gita is the ABCD, and Srimad-Bhagavatam begins when one is actually Krsna conscious. Sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam [bg. 18.66]. Then Srimad-Bhagavatam begins. So don't jump over the krsna-lila or jump over Radha-kunda unless you are a liberated person. This is the instruction. Acyuta. You must be also acyuta -- not falling down from the standard of pure devotional service. Acyuta-gotra.

Srimad-Bhägavatam 1.7.16 -- Vrndävana, September 14, 1976

And more nectar...

Prabhupada: You know that. Hard struggle. So Krsna gave us some facility. Now we have got some framework. Do it very cautiously. Unnecessarily exhausting what we... sato vrtteh sadhu-sange. That is Rupa Gosvami's line. We should be very honest and live with sadhu, those who are devotees. Tandera carana-sebi-bhakta-sane bas. First of all our mission should be how to serve the Gosvamis.

ei chay gosai yar mui taro das

tan-sabara pada-renu mora panca-gras

You cannot act independently. Caitanya Mahaprabhu...

sri-caitanya-mano 'bhistam

sthapitam yena bhu-tale

svayam rupah kada mahyam

dadati sva-padantikam

[When will Srila Rupa Gosvami Prabhupada, who has established within this material world the mission to fulfill the desire of Lord Caitanya, give me shelter under his lotus feet?]

That should be our prayer. When Rupa Gosvami, who has established the mission of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, when I shall get shelter of his lotus feet. And that is... Narottama dasa Thakura prays, tandera carana-sebi. Tandera means the six Gosvamis. Ei chay gosai yanr tanr mui das. I'm servant of that person who is engaged in the service of the six Gosvamis. And we pray to our Guru Maharaja, rupanuga-viruddhapasiddhanta-dhvanta-harine. Anyone who is going against the decision of Rupa Gosvami, reject him. Rupanuga-viruddhapasiddhanta-dhvanta. This is our process. Ei chay gosai yanr.

rupa-raghunatha-pade hoibe akuti

kabe hama bujhabo se jugala-piriti

Who will understand Radha-Krsna's loving affairs unless one has gone really through the instruction of Rupa Gosvami. Radha-Krsna loving affairs is not so easy. Radha-kunda is not so easy that by force I go to Radha-kunda and become a candidate.

rupa-raghunatha-pade hoibe akuti

kabe hama bujhabo se jugala-piriti

Narottama dasa Thakura is hankering, "When I shall understand about Radha-kunda, Radha-Krsna's prema? Such liberated great devotees, acaryas, they are hankering. Rupa-raghunatha-pade hoibe akuti, kabe hama bujhabo. When I shall understand? And they have understood immediately everything. (Hindi) That is solved. Not so easy. Caitanya Mahaprabhu has given us the facility.

abodha karuna-sindhu kaciya mahan

prahlada brahma durlab prema nitai kore dhana(?)

That is the special verse. It is not very easy thing. Bahunam janmanam ante jnanavan mam prapadyate [bg. 7.19]. Don't take things very easily. Things are very serious. Therefore we have to go step by step. That is, Narottama dasa Thakura said, tandera sange. Aim should be how to serve Rupa-Raghunatha. And bhakta-sane bas, to stay with pure devotee who has no other intention. Anyabhilasita-sunyam [brs. anyabhilasita-sunyam

jnana-karmady-anavrtam

anukulyena krsnanu-

silanam bhaktir uttama

"One should render transcendental loving service to the Supreme Lord Krsna favorably and without desire for material profit or gain through fruitive activities or philosophical speculation. That is called pure devotional service." Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu 1.1.111.1.11]. This is the process. So do it carefully. That's all.

Devotees: Jaya, Srila Prabhupada.

Prabhupada: Hare Krsna.

Room Conversation -- September 5, 1976, Vrindävana

Living entities who are eager to return home to the transcendental kingdom of God, Goloka Vrndavana, by means of attaining their spiritual bodies (siddha-deha) should live at Radha-kunda, take shelter of the confidential serving maids of Sri Radha and under their direction engage constantly in Her service.</font></blockquote>Later on in the same purport, he states that living at Radha Kund is the best means of becoming free from material conceptions:

<blockquote><font color=blue>If, by great fortune, one gets an opportunity to come to Radha-kunda and bathe even once, he can develop his transcendental love for Krsna, exactly as the gopis did. It is also recommended that one should live on the banks of Radha-kunda and should be absorbed in the loving service of the Lord. One should bathe there regularly and give up all material conceptions, taking shelter of Sri Radha and Her assistant gopis. If one is thus constantly engaged during his lifetime, after giving up the body he will return back to Godhead to serve Sri Radha in the same way as he contemplated during his life on the banks of Radha-kunda. The conclusion is that to live on the banks of the Radha-kunda and to bathe there daily constitute the highest perfection of devotional service. </font></blockquote>Therefore, those who are engaged in the practice of devotional service on the banks of Radha Kunda are the most fortunate, and no intelligent person desires to live elsewhere (NOI 9, 10):<blockquote><font color=blue>Srila Rupa Gosvami has given much stress to Radha-kunda because of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu’s desire to find it. Who, then, would give up Radha-kunda and try to reside elsewhere? No person with transcendental intelligence would do so.

Indeed, those who execute devotional service on the banks of Radha-kunda are the most fortunate people in the universe.</font></blockquote>

One should give up all material conceptions means prior to residing there. That is a pre-requisite just to come to real devotional service, what to speak of these highly elevated platforms of raganuga and the most elevated place of Radha Kunda. You are interpreting these things very cheaply for your own sense pleasure. That is the meaning of materialistic pretender. sahajiya. You are just demonstrating it over and over, yet you fail to see it. That is your ignorance and folly. When will you wake up?

[This message has been edited by jndas (edited 06-02-2002).]

Raga, I have to admit, after seeing those last two posts by Sha and Prema108, I am coming to appreciate your culture, at least as the best of the bunch. I don't recall you getting so nasty. As Jagat was appreciating you have been rather polite (though not perfectly so). I think it is the influence of all those BBT books you distributed that is protecting you.

It is the kripa of Anantadasji. I used to blast venom all over the place with big fangs before arriving at his kind shelter, both in ISKCON and Gaudiya Math. Only now I have become more mellow. I take it that all the books I distributed over the years contributed to the sukriti which brought me to him.

Originally posted by radhe:

Thanks sushil!!!!

One humble request : No controversies..please.. i beg of you..atleast not in this thread.. If you think your experiences are to be kept secret and only between the lord & yourself..please do so.. Would have loved to read that experience of yours, BVI..anyway!!!

thanks for the encouragement bhaktajoy..i am in my early 20s. One thing that i am sure of.. is that the lord listens to my prayers always.. Will give me his darsan one day..when i am pure enough...

A pretty simple and very reasonable request I would say.

Yesterday, I had a direct personal experience of Krishna. I had kept butter and bread toast on the table and went off for a while. In the meantime, my little daughter had stolen that butter and eaten it.

Butter thief? Krishna? In the form of my little daughter? Posted Image [no offense intended]

Guest guest

Since no one will answer the question, I will.

When I was 18, after graduating high school in America,I moved across the country.

I lived with a bunch of Friends,mostly hippies,and grateful dead types.

I had been raised by atheistic parents and schools ,and had no belief in God.

I had started to read Yoga books, for the benefit of the physicalality,and was exposed for the first time to Indian philosophy.

My brother went to Arizona to an Indian reservation with a few friends and came back with a big bag of peyote.

Peyote is an hallucinagenic cactus,used by native americans, ritually, in order to contact "the great spirit", and to communicate with it.

We were planning to use it for sense enjoyment.

So we took some.

Then everything changed.

What happened next is difficult to describe,I was led on a journey around my neighborhood by a voice or person who seemed to inhabit everyone I encountered.

While I was talking to various people, the same consciousness was speaking to me through them,winking at me and leading me around ,carrying on a thread of communication through various people who were unaware of what was happening.

I was stunned when dawn arrived and the person next to me pointed at the rising sun,

The spirit within him said "mine", without the actual person even being aware of what he was saying.

Then he suggested we go to the temple for breakfest, I didn't know what temple he was talking about.

We walked a mile and entered the ISKCON temple during a Kirtan.

My consciousness exploded with ecstacy!

It was like being lifted to a higher state of being,I felt transported to another realm.

When the kirtan ended, a swami gave a lecture.

At the begining he winked at me, and continued the conversation I had been having earlier with "the great spirit", although now everything was explained as coming from Krsna, while he was speaking these words and looking directly at me, I knew my life had been changed forever.

[This message has been edited by shiva (edited 06-04-2002).]

I've got about 5 occasions I could talk about, but usually devotees don't want to hear about them because I was not following all of the 4 regs at the time and because I'm still not following up to the standard. The first time I went to a Hare Krishna temple I thought everyone there was going back to Godhead that day. At the very least I thought I would meet people who've had similar experiences. Imagine my surprise when I relized that practically everything devotees say about Krishna is heresay and not actual realizations or experience. I figured that if Krishna can maintain the whole cosmic scene, it should be no trouble at all for Him to show up in my home. He apparently agreed, and so I got a private Bhagavad-gita lecture from Sri Krishna.