IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Meet Your Meat

Rate this topic

Guest guest

People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has released on cassette titled "Meet Your Meat". It shows how cruelly the animals are slaughtered in the slaughter houses. It has inspired a lot people to give up meat eating. There is a 2 hour video tape that you can buy and use for preaching to people. For getting this video contact Kristie Phelps at kristiep@peta.org. It is very important to reduce meat eating in the world.

PETA does a good job. I guess shock value does have its place (though I personally don’t want to see the video). If it stops animal slaughter then it’s a good thing. It is a bit surprising how little people know of how animals are really treated. I wonder what the world would look like if people saw this stuff first hand.

Guest guest

Originally posted by nachiketa2:

ram mentioned in his orginal post that it is a two hour video. However, it is only 11 minutes as stated on PETA's website and the copy that i viewed.

What you got is an abridged version. If you rpomise to hold conferences, they will give you a two hour video.

Originally posted by ram:

What you got is an abridged version. If you rpomise to hold conferences, they will give you a two hour video.

http://www.goveg.com/r-mym.html

The two hour video is looped to repeat the same video. Also, there are

other "investigation" videos of slaughterhouses. But, after seeing "meet your meat", that was more than enough for me.

I got the cd (11 min.) some time back and want to burn some copies to pass out.

I would like some advice on a good cd burner to buy for this.Please advise this non-techie on how to proceed.

I got other plans too.I want to ruin somebodies lunch.Thinking about taking a portable monitor and setting it up outside resteraunt windows to show the cd to people inside as they dine. From MacDonalds to 5 star joints.Should be fun. Posted Image

Why should "harvesting" food bother anyone anyway?No one's stomach turns when watching a field of grain being harvested or a fruit tree being picked.

Guest guest

This is a plan. I think it is effective when people are shown this personally. Otherwise they take it as an affront. From our point of view violence towards animals may be gruesome. But attack on one's ego is taken more seriously!!!