IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

No Siddhaswarup program this week

Rate this topic

Gauracandra,

You are doing a great service here.You are really capturing these lectures well in every synopsis that you have offered.Perhaps more importantly I see some kind of bridge being built.That bridge being one of respect and appreciation for the efforts of others outside one's own group.That can only be a good thing.Thanks.

Hare Krsna

too bad, since I don't have access or my local cable provider does not carry his TV shows. I do have a tape Srila Siddha Swarupananda which consist of four 30 minutes lectures. So its always refreshing to go about Guara's weekly summary.

I'm glad you guys enjoy the write ups. I try my best to keep it in the same voice as much as possible (ie. I try to keep my own out of it). Basically I just take notes, sometimes it is word for word in short phrases, other times I just paraphrase it. Also, there are a lot of things that are difficult to get across in write ups especially humor, because so much of it depends of facial expressions, intonation etc...

I know what you mean Guara, Srila Siddha Swarup is always putting some humor in his lectures but in the end he always goes to the point dead serious and passes off what he have learn from his guru maharaj, Srila Prabhupad.

I'm going to have to disappoint once again, but hopefully I'll be back on track next week. I was out of town for the fourth of July, and being the numbskull that I am I don't know how to program my VCR. But next week - be there or be square Posted Image

Originally posted by Bebot:

pretty normal to me, they say its easier to pass a bar or a CPA exam than to program one's VCR machine.

bebot,

haribol! for the meantime you might want to check out mantra meditation 101, you can visit the articles page there where you can read some of siddhaswarupanada's writings, hope you visit the site soon! www.mantra101.ionichost.com Posted Image

Thanks for the invitation, I had previously scan the site but would need a whole weekend to be able to browse its full content. It is indeed a good priviledge to be able to read and follow the teachings of great teacher who has my fullest respect. Thanks for the wonderfull job, I know this will give me and a lot more the chance to access Srila Siddha Swarupananda's teachings.

Sorry guys, but it looks not to be on Public Access right now. They've done this to me before and a few weeks later they started airing them again. So I'll cross my fingers, and when they start up again, I'll resume the summaries. Haribol.