IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sarasvati

quite disgusted

Rate this topic

When I joined these forums, I thought this is a place to discuss Krishna. Frankly, the discussion on marijuana has greatly disturbed me. Who is the moderator here? And yes, I've been learning Krishna consciousness "for decades" too. When will we have a group of "devotees" proclaiming that it is OK to eat meat, and cracking jokes about it? The way things are going, I wouldn't be too surprised.

Sarasvati, please don't be disturbed.These things happen from time to time.Just ignore them.They are experiencing what is technicaly known as a flashback.

I'm just surprised that the background for that thread isn't colored paislies with strobing lights.

Why they are stuck there more then three decades later is a puzzle.I think I'll go ask Alice,I think she will know. Posted Image

Anyway be of peacfull mind and keep remembering Krishna.

theist

Krishna manifests himself in different ways.

For people who cannot be fully satisfied by KC, they sometimes take shelter of non-KC jokes/activities from time to time. But since they have tasted Krishna, they cannot leave Krishna either. Gradually they become purified by the association of the holy name and will no more care for other jokes/activities.

We cannot demand that only 100% pure devotees shd join this forum. Then there wd be only one Sataswathi here.

I quit a rather popular teenage rock band because 2 of 4 insisted on "getting high" before every rehearsal.

Shortly after I joined ISKCON.

At first I was sure,

"Once coming to this platform, no one would return to 'huff & puff'."

Unfortunately, I was wrong.

I've seen so many godbros & godsisters again take shelter of fallible soldiers, past habits.

ZrIla PrabhupAd was praised by NY Senator Kenneth Keating for success in helping his disciples overcome drug addiction.

Thanks for your sweet letters- I feel better already :-) And Avinash, by all means call me Daadi Amma, if you wish :-D After all, my cousin-sister became a grandmother when she was only 34, so there is always a possibility.

Rati,

Gald to see you retracted your remarks, I did as well.

Had you NOT..this would have been a post of an entirely different nature!

Posted Image

[This message has been edited by jijaji (edited 04-20-2002).]

In accordance with the particular nature one has acquired in conditioned life, whatever one does with body, words, mind, senses, intelligence or purified consciousness one should offer to the Supreme, thinking, “This is for the pleasure of Lord Narayana.”

Fear arises when a living entity misidentifies himself as the material body because of absorption in the external, illusory energy of the Lord. When the living entity thus turns away from the Supreme Lord, he also forgets his own constitutional position as a servant of the Lord. This bewildering, fearful condition is effected by the potency for illusion, called maya. Therefore, an intelligent person should engage unflinchingly in the unalloyed devotional service of the Lord, under the guidance of a bona fide spiritual master, whom he should accept as his worshipable deity and as his very life and soul.

Although the duality of the material world does not ultimately exist, the conditioned soul experiences it as real under the influence of his own conditioned intelligence. This imaginary experience of a world separate from Krsna can be compared to the acts of dreaming and desiring. When the conditioned soul dreams at night of something desirable or horrible, or when he daydreams of what he would like to have or avoid, he creates a reality that has no existence beyond his own imagination. The tendency of the mind is to accept and reject various activities based on sense gratification. Therefore an intelligent person should control the mind, restricting it from the illusion of seeing things separate from Krsna, and when the mind is thus controlled he will experience actual fearlessness.

Srimad Bhagavatam, 11.2.36-38

Rati and jijaji,

You have both disappointed me greatly.You had a nice friendly spar going and then youse guys WIMPED OUT!!!

Do some push ups.Eat some ginseng.Get back out there!

Jijaji: Think we disgusted enough people here yet? Some seem to think we lack the proper level of decorum (and they're probably right about that).

[This message has been edited by Rati (edited 04-21-2002).]