IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Siddha Pranali

Rate this topic

You know, Shashi, I was once on a Buddhist forum run by Richard Hayes, a professor at McGill and a pretty influential guy in American Buddhist circles. Richard had been on this forum for some time, he was the moderator and the biggest scholar of anyone on it. He used to go by the name "Wiley Coyote" or something. He was (and is) incredibly funny.

It seemed that every week some new guy would pop onto the group and start acting like he was the latest incarnation of the Buddha, speaking high and mighty transcendental realizations.

Mostly there was nothing really wrong with what they said, but Wiley Coyote and the others used to have a lot of fun with these birds, testing their ersatz satori to the marrow.

Zen koans sound so simple. Yet when the acolyte came to the Sensei and the Sensei asked him what insight he had into his koan, if the disciple tried to say something wise, the Sensei would crack a stick over his head.

There is nothing really very wrong with what Shivaji says. Indeed, most sincere people are not very far off the truth. But everybody needs a crack on the head from time to time. (I don't mind getting one from time to time, but I am dodgy.)

Jagat<small><font color=#f7f7f7>

[This message has been edited by Jagat (edited 05-06-2002).]

By the way, Shashi, I notice that your use of BUT is improving. I never say, "It rains, but it pours." I say, "When it rains, it pours.It is sunny, BUT the sky is clear."

"She is a mother, BUT she is a woman.He is a sadhu, BUT he is a good man." (The last one is an exception to the rule: the two statements apparently have the same meaning, BUT they contradict each other in another way, making a commentary on the general state of sadhus.) BUT I digress...

BUT I'd rather not BUTT heads aBoUT this any more.

Jagat

[This message has been edited by Jagat (edited 05-06-2002).]

Guest guest

In answer to some of your questions about Radha being a transformation of Krsna.

The language used is meant to be confusing,to keep confidential knowledge hidden from unqualified viewers.

It refers to Radha being a "transformation",what does that mean?

If they are existing together eternally,how could she be coming from him?

Its just word play.

God transforms the one spiritual energy,becoming Radha.

The sastra uses the name "Krsna",because God is all powerfull,a masculine quality,and Krsna is the complete male personality.

Where as Radha is a specific female personality of God.

So she can be said to be a transformation of God, the all powerfull.

Also about Mahaprabhu.

Again language is used to hide the true meaning from the unqualified.

He has the body of a male,with the mind of a female.

This is the most intimate understanding of Mahaprabhu.

The one supreme being,in the highest incarnation,is telling us,- I am by nature all powerfull,a masculine spiritual form ,if you will, yet my mind and desire in relation to my private life,is that of a women.

Originally posted by Jagat:

On behalf of a friend who has unjustly been banned here on this forum:

Jagat

I thought Jijaji was living proof that even very very naughty boys would not be banned.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Originally posted by Shashi: [your last post above] Quoting my earlier posts.

So what's your point?

[This message has been edited by Rati (edited 05-06-2002).]

Originally posted by Shashi:

"It never rains, but it pours."

That is being given in the Concise Oxford Dictionary of Current English to be illustrating one of the valid and variety uses of BUT.

JagatJi, you may please be contacting them directly and making your argumentations with their Board of professors?

I am being so sure they will be most welcoming the English speaking expert with the Indian names.

[This message has been edited by Shashi (edited 05-06-2002).]

Originally posted by Rati:

So what's your point?

On one hand you are demanding the improvements in speaking English BUT on the other you are saying "irregardless" which is being with double negative. The "ir" is being redumbent as it is being meaning the same as the "less".

Rati indeed!

TheistJi the Cow ...

LOL!!!ha ha ha ... That is udderly hilarious to me Shashi.

Looks like you have been kicking butt while I was gone.

Rati to Shashi: So, what's your point?

It seems he was objecting to your usage of the word 'irregardless'.

The word 'irregardless' is not recommended in formal English. It is better to use 'irrespective' or 'regardless'.

Shashi ji,

I am sorry for my previous post. My browser did not load the complete page. So, I did not realise that you had already given the reply. I clicked on the link 'Post A Reply' at the top of the page and posted the reply on your behalf.

On one hand you are demanding the improvements in speaking English BUT on the other you are saying "irregardless" which is being with double negative. The "ir" is being redumbent as it is being meaning the same as the "less".

Rati indeed!

Your argument is not unadmittedly not semi-nonirrefutably not noncompelling.

Shashi MataJi is curious how the devotees reconcile the concept that Radha is a result of transformation and the fact that Radha is eternal.

Harih Om Tat Sat

Copied from another board:

<center>Posted Image

(Bhakti Shatak.1)</center>

Shaji,

That last posting was nice although I don't have any genuine appreciation for these things due to my present materially infected consciousness.

I do try to avoid Kripalu.Just my own personal inclination.

Haribol

A greedy person will take gold from the sewer.

A desperately hungry man will eat even a dog's leftovers.

A person whose mind is open will hear truth even when spoken by a fool.

A man in love will marry his beloved, even if her family's social standing is low.

Greed, hunger, openmindedness and love. This is raganuga.<small><font color=#dedfdf>

[This message has been edited by Jagat (edited 05-07-2002).]

Greed, hunger, openmindedness and love. This is raganuga.<font color="fefefe">

Caitanya Caritamritam 2.8. Srila Ramananda Raya said:

"Pure devotional service without any touch of aisvarya jnana, subtle knowledge, is the essence of perfection."

68. At this point, Lord replied,

"This is alright, but still you can speak more on that subject."

Raya then replied,

"Ecstatic spontaneous love for the Supreme Lord is the essence of perfection."

69. Ramananda Raya continued,

"As long there is hunger and thirst, eating and drinking makes one feel very happy.

When the Lord is worshipped with pure spontaneous love, transcendental bliss is awakened in the heart of the devotee."

70. "Pure spontaneous love for Krishna, cannot be had even by pious activity in thousands of lives. It can be attained only by one price - intense greed to obtain it.

If it is available somewhere one must purchase it without delay."<small><font color="fefefe">

[This message has been edited by sha (edited 05-09-2002).]

Originally posted by Jagat:

A greedy person will take gold from the sewer.

A desperately hungry man will eat even a dog's leftovers.

A person whose mind is open will hear truth even when spoken by a fool.

A man in love will marry his beloved, even if her family's social standing is low.

Greed, hunger, openmindedness and love. This is raganuga.

Yeah that's all well and good.But I'm finding more gold from the nicely kept fragrent gardens that the GV's are tending and opening to the public then I can possibly cash in at the moment.So the sewer will have to wait.

They also are holding wonderful feasts so the dogs bones are safe for now.

I agree I can learn something from everyone but this fool is not able to assimilate all that the GV's have said so far.

In relation to marriage I would fit description of the low born person and am seeking acceptance myself from above my station.

By the way Jagat I read you post at raganuga forum on your views of Kripalu, so what's your point?

[This message has been edited by jndas (edited 06-02-2002).]

Jai Radhe! Here is my version of that last verse by Ramananda--

nAnopacAra-kRta-pUjanam Arta-bandhoH

premNaiva bhakta-hRdayaM sukha-vidrutaM syAt |

yAvat kSud asti jaThare jaraThA pipAsA

tAvat sukhAya bhavato nanu bhakSya-peye ||

You may elaborately

worship the friend of the suffering

with all the richest paraphernalia,

but your heart will only melt with joy

when you have love for him.

For only as long as hunger and thirst are there in your belly

do the delicacies of food and drink bring you pleasure.

<font color=#f7f7f7><small>

That's cool, Theist. I was just responding to the momentary situation. I have no objection to hearing something appropriate, if well said, even from Kripalu.

I was just paraphrasing a verse that even Prabhupada liked.

But I did not mean to make it sound like a put down. Please forgive me if it came across like that.

Like you, I have so much on my plate that I have little time to go out of my way looking for more nectar from Kripaluji, but if I find it on my plate and it looks good, I will swallow it.

No problem Jagat.

I'm just a senstive guy who overreacts sometimes. Posted Image

I just don't trust Kripalu.But to each his own.

I don't want to divert the talk to him in case his admirers want to respond.If so do it on another thread please.

Oh I am sorry for you (that I am calling you as sensitive woman Posted Image)

PAMHO.

But I am definitely feeling (someone is showing me) that you are being the gentle white cow (female) being especial for one gopi devi. You are having one "M" in nagri letter hanging around your neck.

Your abilities in chewing the variety of grasses and obtaining the needed essentials from same is being like your abilities in knowing ShivaJi's best meanings and rejecting his chaffs.

Theist Prabhu, what means this "M" please?

Posted Image

Maitreya