IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
beemasane

Who is Srila Prabhupada?

Rate this topic

unfortunately, veeeeeeeeeery new Bhakta Don. i am waiting for your KIND instuctions, and corrections of any suspect things...sorry. and you are right, i DO NOT know who Prabhupada is , that's WHY I AM ASKING. and this thread has nothing to do with your "initiation" post. nothing. so if you don't also know or know anybody else who does, let's move aside, i'll meet you at some other post, and let somebody who does know who Prabhpada is enlighten us both...all glories to you Bhakta Don. Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.

Originally posted by beemasane:

unfortunately, veeeeeeeeeery new Bhakta Don. i am waiting for your KIND instuctions, and corrections of any suspect things...sorry. and you are right, i DO NOT know who Prabhupada is , that's WHY I AM ASKING. and this thread has nothing to do with your "initiation" post. nothing. so if you don't also know or know anybody else who does, let's move aside, i'll meet you at some other post, and let somebody who does know who Prabhpada is enlighten us both...all glories to you Bhakta Don. Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare.

LOWER THAN THE STRAW IN THE STREET ILIKE YOU BEESMASANE

dear samarpan, i am afraid my misguided ill thought out attempt to help somebody i thought was in distress, may have unintentionally disturbed someone...i have been upset by this and i just pray that Bhakta Don sees fit to forgive any possible offense upon my part...my only desire was to help. thank you for your heartfelt sentiments, it makes me feel a whole lot better...until we meet again i am simply stumbling along to render what little service i can by glorifying Vaisnavas..."beemed" me up you did..Hare Krishna!

Please tell me who Srila Prabhupada is. insert answer here please: ( ). thank you very much.

Oooooooh, He's my dearest and caring grandpa!! That's all I know, thats why I just love him. Just like that - aha.

abhi

Abhi....yayyyyyyy! you made my day...hurray! i get to live again another day! nice to hear from you! and such a perfect answer! i am laffing so much right now....i'll just bet you are just a force to be dealt with in real life, huh? Man, i haven't had contact like this since THE WAR! yah.yah haribol! you can, no you MUST respond on any thread i'm upon...and remember always yell real loud when you spot a Vaisnava: "HARI BOL PRABHU< I LIKE YOU!!!!! (!!) beaming with delight i am the beemasaurus of greed for the mercy of ABHI THE GREATEST! (psst! and let's us see what everybody else says about who is Prabhupada!)

Well I was about to start. Then realized I could never stop. He is beyond words, beyond tears. He is our Prabhupada.

Beemasane Prabhu, I think you may single-handedly reunite Lord Caitanya's tree of life. Let us drown in His compassion for us all, every species, in every corner of the globe. He is our master, and our master's master.

Dear gHari, i cannot even begin to tell you of the deep saddness in my heart when i see devotee against devotee. i don't care how corny i may get at times, i nkow , i just know he wouldn, want us all fighting so. i have read your posts all over and i think you must be a very nice person, what do you say we find out "Who is" Prabhupada. all glories to every last devotee on this PLANET!

Dear beemasane:

>>>Please tell me who Srila Prabhupada is. insert answer here please: ( ). thank you very much

Reply:

You do not know who he is but under the "say NO to initiations" string you surmise that you know WHY I posted it?

The last comment you left under said string -- may also be suspect.

How new are you to this?

Your Servant,

Bhakata don

[This message has been edited by Bhakta Don Muntean (edited 03-24-2002).]

Please tell me who Srila Prabhupada is. insert answer here please: (He is Krsna's pure devotee who has come to flood the world with the holy names of God). thank you very much.

Some think he's a cowherd boy, as in the poem written on the Jaladuta. Narayan Maharaj says he knows better, nikunja-yuno and all that.

Has he come up with a name, "Abhaya Manjari"? "Swami Manjari"? Or something entirely new? If he's a sakha, we don't have a name or form, either.

I don't know, nor would I know how to find out, as the siddha-pranali system is taboo. My impression is that Narayan Maharaj can say anything he wants, because no one in Iskcon would dare say anything on the subject. Those convinced of Narayan special status will believe him, no matter what he tells them. It will be something credible, no doubt.

Jagat

He da guy on the other end of this lifeline. hoping that I dont lose me grip.

as far as speculation goes, I would see him as caretaker of the holy name of God, therefore, perhaps here before as haridas, Lord Jesus Christ, King David. Maybe he be Lord Brahma who comes to expand his line while never leaving satyaloka. but thats just speculation, as is all the manjari/gopi stuff.

If I were to go one record, I would gladly surmise he is the personification of Srimati Tulasi devi, always in the hands of Srimati Radharani and at the feet of Sri Govinda. Clues abound that he is as written here, but maybe ill save it for my reign as guru of the universe.

hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

hari bol Jagat and Mahak, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. i too had heard things over the past 25 of my 30 year "career" of "practicing devotional service" under the aucpices of Srila Prabhupada...cowherd boy, bramha, Hari das Thakur and even most recently Lord Nityananda. But i have to admit this "nikunja yuno" etc. really is a bombshell to me. when a Vaisnava of that caliber says something like this it really makes me want to investigate on all fronts. i have an unshakable faith in Prabhupada's teaching and a fair to middling understanding of siddhanta. i also have had the sweetly exquisite good fortune to have had a personal exchange with Prabhupada that was completely and utterly mystical and final in building my unshakeable faith to him. i have had two dreams where Prabhupada came to me and what he said came true. i will not even begin to count the number of times i have been blessed with his "spirit" as it were. that being established for the sake of this post... i have never hesitated to go to one of my spiritual superiors who i felt could expand my realisation of Prabhupada's teaching. i am absolutely fearless to ask ANYONE what they think and have been kindly accepted in many camps: Puri Maharaja gave me his blessings shortly before he left and his devotees took me right in for a stay next to them, i have personally attended functions of Govinda Maharaja and live in a town where his yatra is THE one and regularly attend functions. i am on decent terms with an ISKCON faction with some of my oldest Godbrother friends. there are even "inter-guru" marriages with the kids! Ditto Narayana Maharaja who has blessed me with some of the most profound revelations of Prabhupada of any of the aformentioned...i have also had some rugged times as some have, but have managed to emerge smilin' real big! Everyone in each of these camps knows my sentiments and situations and everything is gentlemenly. i have not gone on like this for any other purpose than to be completely straight forward here in this forum. I do however have an agenda and it is a very simple one: to be an example of someone who can follow my own way under who i deem tasty and see if it is indeed possible to be able to "HONOR ALL VAISNAVAS"...i am also teaching this to my boys! i know that Prabhupada is behind me on this all the way! i will go to my grave trying to better myself and be a gentleman to do my part to see a unity that may not even take place in my lifetime...but i want to know who Prabhupada is...and i intend to ask devotees in that camp as soon as i get a chance.i will report back too...in a GENTLEMANLY spirit to you here at Audarya who have also stolen my heart...i can't do without you: your spirit, your "geeyawn" and your companionship...but i want to know who is Prabhupada...and i am still waiting for ANY other input, even if it is just to tell me what he means to you, this also is incredibly tasty to me. and if you do not want me here at Audarya i will leave right now. period. i am not here to cause any offences!...i will NOT stay where i am not welcome. all glories to all Vaisnavas...all of them...whether they like me or not. i am thru with all negative talk of other people and fighting, i will only glorify or shut myself up! p.s. i like the name Jagat, but Mahak, ooooh i just like the sound of it, what does it mean?

[This message has been edited by beemasane (edited 03-25-2002).]

pss. if i ever get the extra money i want all of us here at Audarya to go out on New York Harinam headed up by "Narada-Taruni"!aka Tarun.. ALL of us , then the world would take some notice of MahaPrabhu's Movement and Prabhupada will be there himself...i know it! beemasane the not so great

dear leyh, i am very eager to respond as quickly as i am capable to your wonderful response to my hopefully, humble and uchallenging request: "Who is Prabhupada". indeed you are right about the flood...we wouldn't even be here writing to us without the mercy of His Divine Grace...absolutely: "...in every town and village...". the fact that you have included your answer within the designated parenthetical spacial locale is further evidence of your charming Vaisnava ettiquette and wit..thank YOU!...i think you are a fun devotee! i should restress my desire here to make this identity request as unchallenging as possible, but with a further clarification...for many years it has remained a mystery to myself and many others as to His "Spiritual Identity". before i leave this body i would like to know if anybody out there knows the answer AND how to find out if nobody does know...or do i just have to wait until???? when?

beemasane:

Your kind words have filled me with shame.I am neither a Vaisnava or a devotee or Krsna.I really have no qualifications.So much arrogant,envious and lustful thoughts torment me.While others are Govinda dasas (servants of Govinda),I am the greatest go-dasa (servant of the senses).

I cannot provide any authoritative regarding Srila Prabhupada's spiritual identity.But I can say with conviction that His Divine Grace has opened my eyes with the torch of knowledge,and though my eyes are not yet fully opened,they are struggling to see clearly.Jaya Prabhupada!

leyh i have been reading your posts and as far as i can tell of when Prabhupada was here he would be very kind to you even if you say you are struggling. everything is there in the name and i am in too much hurry to get my favorite sloka i say every morning but cant even remember..but it says everything is there and makes everything easier too and sooner or later your already sterling qualities are going to shine like the sun. there is some shame? take that and cry with your bead bag and you will get powerful results. in early days Prabhupada came upon Syamasundara and he had his cigarrettes on top of Lord Jagganatha! they were carving out of redwqood ties(MUkunda told me of railroad ties) and what did Prabhupada say...to para phrase... very kindly please take maybe one less per day...he not kick him out of temple. we all have anarthas and you should see what it says in the Bhaktirasamrita sindhu bindhu about the 5 point gradual process where anarthas dont even go until you are REALLY advanced. i am seeing how people are everywhere too hard care. you have a soft heart and Radharani likes soft hearts not some former heavy like me you are one of the biggest inspirations to me on this computer stuff. because of what you say on your "kanti mala" thread i did not make my own thread just to honor you. it is your name that started all the wonderful association with you and Gaurahari i mean gHari. you inspire people! go for it and we will not say any bad things just praise all Vaisnavs. why do i always say this because i was one of the WORST critical fighting... even devotess, but not any more. hari bol! i am soorry for the bad typing and all but i want you to here this right now before i cook dinner.

jayati jayati namananda rupam murare/viramita nija dharma dhyana pujadiyatnam/katham api sakrdattam muktinam praninam yat/ paramrtam ekam jivanam bhusanam me: all glories, all glories to Krishna Murari's name, the embodiement of divine bliss. it halts the cycle of birth and death and relieves one of all painful endeavors in practicing religion, meditation, charity, deity worship, and austerity. it awards liberation to one who utters it even once. Krishna nama stands alone as the supreme nectar and sole treasure of my life. Sri Brhad Bhagawatam rtam 1/9 Sanatana Goswami. this is the sloka i was talking about leyh.

dear leyh, i am very eager to respond as quickly as i am capable to your wonderful response to my hopefully, humble and uchallenging request: "Who is Prabhupada". indeed you are right about the flood...we wouldn't even be here writing to us without the mercy of His Divine Grace...absolutely: "...in every town and village...". the fact that you have included your answer within the designated parenthetical spacial locale is further evidence of your charming Vaisnava ettiquette and wit..thank YOU!...i think you are a fun devotee! i should restress my desire here to make this identity request as unchallenging as possible, but with a further clarification...for many years it has remained a mystery to myself and many others as to His "Spiritual Identity". before i leave this body i would like to know if anybody out there knows the answer AND how to find out if nobody does know...or do i just have to wait until???? when?

He was a little old man with a great big heart. He was a visionary. He was a businessman. He was a man on a mission to spread the word of Krsna. He was somebody's father. He was somebody's husband. He was somebody's little boy. He was extremely successful. He was a great translator of the Bhagavadgita and Srimad Bhagavatam. He brought Krishna to the West on his own golden chariot. He was a man who may have not known exactly what he was starting when he started it. He was perhaps too kind to those wretched few who stained and tarnished the name of everything he had worked for. I wonder if he died with a broken heart and a feeling of betrayal. I hope he didn't. He was just a great man who will be remembered for a very long time.

the word brken hearted leaps off the page at me! what could i have done since 1977 to have contributed to even the POSIBILITY that Prabhupa was sad. every morning that i come to this sight i find myself smacked down and i am forced to be humbled...for this i thank you skeptic!

HE is the most compassionate guru I've ever seen. He showed us how to love Krishna, believe and have faith in Krishna. He distributed the causeless mercy of Lord Chaitanya to all the people in the world. He proved that Krishna is for everyone irrespective of caste, color, background and nationality. He is the UNIFYING AGENT among all the devotees. Without him, I would not know Krishna as He is. He is JAGAT GURU. Just like Leyh, even my eyes are struggling to see him clearly. Jaya Prabhupada.

hello Kishan. the reason i even considered using a computer as an aide to my saddhu sanga was that i felt that here at Audarya there was a bit of unity going on....i hate computers and i can oly type with two fingers looking...any way to the point: even there were problems when Prabhupada was here, but there was unity. as i thoroughly review the past postings here i see that even here at times things get snippy, but i am praying it will not get bad because of my natural arrogance that i want to fight.. Prabhupada was indeed the most compassionate and i know where a wild person like myself would be...dead...or worse...the living dead. one time i was on a walk with Prabhupada and the big devotee

s and i was young to say anything i felt. and because i felt i had to do something for the spiritual master because i was feeling left out so i was running ahead to clear his way of the pieces of wood that the wind had blown off the trees, that, i thought, i can do for Prabhupada...here i am just scamping around like a good little monkey and i am suddenly seeing the devotees are looking and so is Prabhupada...right at me and i froze...uh-oh, i'm gonna' get it now! i thought..and all he said in one of the kindest voices i have ever heard is "OH that is okay". this is not some earth shattering deep and profound thing with so may others he must have had but to me it absolutely stunned me that here is the king of everything and he has not just shooed me away with a smaranam stick, but he spoke to me in this soothing voice i still get goosebumps because i have NEVER heard ANYBODY sound so nice to me even when they supposedly love me. IT FROZE ME! i couldn't even throw the wood down for 5 or ten or a million seconds even...this this is not the only time that i experienced that absolute compassion either. these are the only memories that even keep alive and enlivened here in this stool world where i just cant get it that i am not enjoying. i am so sorry to go on like this but i want you to hear this story of the compassion because it is the highlight of your response... and yes you watch out for this leyh...she is miles ahead of most...because she is expert at one most important thing...she respects all Vaisnavas...just like you too, i think...Kishan Prabhu. ta-ta for now..oops, i mean ta-pa:chant Hare Krishna!

Prabhuji, Thank you so much for giving me your association. I have realized that life is totally waste without the assocication of the Vaishnavas. Please accept my humble obeisances at your feet prabhuji. The reason I use the computer as an aide to sadhu sanga is that I like to associate with as many devotees as possible and after I read your reply to Bhakta Don, I felt completely convinced. Thank you so much once again for sharing your memories and experiences with Prabhupada. You are so lucky to have heard Prabhupada's voice and I'm so lucky to hear this experience from you. I can imagine how kind Prabhupada's voice would be...Prabhuji..why are you feeling sorry for telling us this wonderful memories with Prabhupada. I just feel that you please continue telling such nice memories about Prabhupada and all Audarya members will relish it again and again...and yes, I can never forget to pay respect to all the Vaishnavas...my humble obeisances to all the devotees....Haribol..Jaya Sri Radhe!!!

hello again Kishan Prabhu. i want to make a very simple example for you of why i say i am sorry so much for being here at Audarya by simply omitting one letter from the greeting i gave you..."Hell again Kishan." by simply forgetting one itsy-bitsy-teeny-little letter, everything gets off to a way different start huh? that is how easy it is to make a an offense. even unintentionally i could have forgotten the letter o...not meaning any harm...so sometimes when even one is meaning well, he gives hell. i have seen so much havoc between "well" meaning devotees since Prabhupada has physically left this realm...myself being one of them...ha-ha...i guess that makes me a real sorry fellow. i just want to say we should give all "hello" to each other with a very careful and gentlemanly touch...one of the strong points of this computer sanga that i think is a very nice thing for me to have is the preview button so i can take a real good look at what write. i am going to start a real short Prabhupada story here but i might have to interupt to take a kid to wrestling or something...this Prabhupada experience actually happened about 8 or 9 years after Prabhupada had physically departed...we were having a Sunday feast kirtan at a devotee restaurant. this was run by two devotees and their wives. one devotee i liked and one devotee, well i just found his association not so tastey. really not so tastey. i actually had to be forced to go to this feast by my godbrothers..forced. all of a sudden when i am singing i am noticing a sensation i have felt before...so then i just closed my eyes and chanted, hoping no one would see me getting talked to by Prabhupada if you know what i mean and it WAS Prabhupada telling me thru this devotee's sweet kirtan, not talking words, that He< Prabhupada< loved that devotee. i actually almost hated this devotee, lets stop being nice here and yet here i was, being bathed in this spirit of Prabhupada and that feeling of his love i had felt before..gotta go for a minute..be back

this "Prabhupada feeling" that i am talking about seems to be distinct from the sentiments that i get a lot of when talking with my godbrothers like on this website...our senses are imperfect but the this "Prabhupad contact" as it were and two others seem to be VERY different from mere sentiment. the only reason i speak of this incident is because i have already spoken of it with my godbrothers who were there..who by the way were laughing at me. i really couldn't control what was going on and my face looked all funny they said. they got very serious later tho' when i described what had happened and also they could SEE the different way i viewed that godbrother i didn't like. as far as they were concerned it was a minor miracle as they could see first hand how wierd i could get on somebody if they just wouldn't leave me alone. i have spoken to a few people about this incident and have concluded that even if it is for someone at a neophyte level like me, it sure was nice being with Prabhupada! also, i mention here that the nature of this particular incident was its inherent sweetness and compassion, it felt like Prabhpada was being very gentle with me. i suppose that this compassion element is why i am taking what i feel to be a real chance talking like this on an open and uknown forum. i have no idea who is reading this, but even if they don't respond, i feel even if i can convey the level of love and compassion that was Prabhupada and compel them to want to know Him to even one soul it is a good thing...over the years i seem to be learning one thing...one thing even my dad knew..."if you cant say anything nice about somebody, then stick the shoe on the other foot" and honor all Vaisnavas! (even if it has to be half way around the world to stay away from them sometimes!)