IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
JD

Books by BV Puri Maharaja available online

Rate this topic

Sri Sri Guru Gauranga Jayatah

Dandavat pranams to all,

We are pleased to announce that with the blessings of BV Vishnu Maharaja, we have opened an online book shelf on our site

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/bvpuri/

with the books published by Bhakti Vigyana Nityananda Book Trust under the guidance of Srila Bhakti Vaibhava Puri Goswami Maharaja.

So far 4 booklets are there, including the biography of Guru Maharaj, Lord Sri Jagannath and two booklets by Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Prabhupad.

Feel free to visit and read the books online.

vaisnavadasanudas,

Jagadish das

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/bvpuri/books/index.html

Originally posted by Gauracandra:

Thank you very much. I'm going to be reading the brief life history. This is a very nice service, please keep us informed of future updates.

Gauracandra

Today was the holy appearance day of our Guru Maharaja.

Site was updated with books:

Guru and Atma Nivedan

NAM-BHAJAN

SRI KRISHNA, The Supreme God-Head

Also you can find some images from previous vyasa-puja if you click on

http://www.angelfire.com/realm/bvpuri/india2001/index.html

Jagadish das

Thank you very much. I'm going to be reading the brief life history. This is a very nice service, please keep us informed of future updates.

Gauracandra

I've started puting Srimad Bhagavad Gita from Srila Puri Maharaj. So far 11 chapters are there.

Also one Sri Guru Puja book.

Hare Krishna,

Jagadish

Jagadish, That is a very wonderful website you have started. I have never see BV Puri Maharaj, except thru the ITV video of him in the remembering Prabhupada series. It is one of my favorites. You are very fortunate to know and serve him.

Originally posted by jndas:

Is there a Gita commentary available as well?

Not at this time, although I have heard that Srila Maharaj may publish a translation and/or commentary about the last three Cantos of Srimad Bhagavatam. I have not yet confirmed this with anybody in India, though. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything.

Might I ask where most of Srila Bhakti Vaibhava Puri Maharaj's disciples are located? Outside of India that is. I have heard he has a bit of a following in Italy.

Srila Maharaj has quite a following in India, but outside of the subcontinent, the bulk of his western disciples are in Italy. There are others in the surrounding areas such as Spain, Slovenia, Austria, and a few in England, I believe. I'm sure that I missed a couple of countries.

In the USA, you could probably count the number of initiated disciples on one hand. There are a few more who can be considered shiksha disciples (Prabhupad diksha disciples). I'm sure there are a few in Mexico, but I haven't heard a very detailed report in that area. All I know is that the programs with Srila Maharaj in Mexico were quite ecstatic.

The MP3's of Srila Maharaj's lectures are going to be mirrored on www.bhaktivaibhav.net pretty soon (the angelfire.com site may not have them due to Angelfire getting very cheap and chintzy about webspace). If anyone has a specific request, post it here, and perhaps JD prabhu and others can facilitate the desires of the Vaishnavas. Posted Image

Thanks alot for the info. I found the following website from your link:

http://www.gouraparsada.org/

Great stuff. Several months ago I was looking for websites devoted to Srila Bhakti Vaibhava Puri Maharaj. Its good to see these sites out there. Keep up the good work.

[This message has been edited by Gauracandra (edited 05-07-2002).]

Thanks alot for the info. I found the following website from your link:

http://www.gouraparsada.org/

Great stuff. Several months ago I was looking for websites devoted to Srila Bhakti Vaibhava Puri Maharaj. Its good to see these sites out there. Keep up the good work.

[This message has been edited by Gauracandra (edited 05-07-2002).]

Dear Gauracandra prabhu,

From what I know of www.gauraparsada.org , it was created by a group of Indian-bodied devotees, perhaps some of the brahmacharis from Srila Maharaj's math, I can't be sure. They did a superlative job.

The MP3's are now available on www.bhaktivaibhav.net , due to a decline on angelfire.com's webspace offering. There are many more MP3's available; you can ask Jagadish prabhu if you want anything more.

Originally posted by Krsnacandra dasa:

Dear Gauracandra prabhu,

From what I know of www.gauraparsada.org , it was created by a group of Indian-bodied devotees, perhaps some of the brahmacharis from Srila Maharaj's math, I can't be sure. They did a superlative job.

The MP3's are now available on www.bhaktivaibhav.net , due to a decline on angelfire.com's webspace offering. There are many more MP3's available; you can ask Jagadish prabhu if you want anything more.

Just for the record. There aren't many more MP3s available. I've got only like 5 lectures more, and when I get time to transform them to size applicable to dowloading I'll send them to Krishnachandra so he can post them on his website. Now I am extremely busy.

However there are hundreds of lectures in Italy taken by Italian devotees, and god-willing somebody there gets the inspiration to put them in mp3s or to make some website or something we would be able to hear them. I 'd love that to happen.

Jagadish

Srimad Bhagavad Gita by Srila BV Puri Maharaja is finished.

Difference between an online version and printed one is in that that latter contains devanagari and sanskrit transliteration.

Translation is complete in online version.

Hare Krishna,

Jagadish das

Thank you, Jagadish Prabhu! This was a great service that you rendered! I hope many people get to read this ...

In other news, I just wanted to let everybody know that a second world tour for Srila BV Puri Maharaj is in the planning stages. September will be the planned month for the beginning of the USA segment. I will post more when I get more information, but for now, it is in very preliminary stages. I might not even be in the US at the time, or much longer for that matter, but I do hope that many Vaishnavas partake of this rare and beautiful opportunity.

Guest guest

Unfortunately, due to financial hardships, bhaktivaibhav.net had to be shut down. Hopefully for only a month and not longer. The bulk of Srila BV Puri Maharaj's disciples are from India and European countries including Italy, Spain, Austria, and Slovenia. There are very few in the USA.

You'll all be pleased to know, however, that Srila Puri Maharaj is mercifully coming to America and Mexico for his 2003 World Tour. I apologize for not announcing this earlier. I shall post this on a seperate thread.