IndiaDivine.org
leyh

Can Krsna experience physical pain?

Rate this topic

We are part and parcels of Krsna's body.We hurt God when we hurt others.We are God's lover and he is our most intimate friend and knows all about us.Even in this mundane material world a lover feels the pain of his/her "significant" other then what to speak of God?

In NDE's God says he feels our pain and that trees,humans,animals,rocks,etc are crying because of seperation from him.

"Think of stepping on the shore and finding it heaven, of touching a hand and finding it God's, of breathing new air and finding it celestial, of waking up in glory and finding it home."

God bless u all Posted Image

I just mentioned to a friend sitting here the title of this thread, and she reminded me of the story of when Krsna had a headache, and the only thing that would relieve it was the dust from the gopis' feet on His head.

So even though the gopis were told that they would go to hell if they put dust from their feet on His head, they were willing to do so, if it meant relieving Krsna.

JR

I am sure that God can experience pain, because the soul who is apparently made like he is, but only small, does experience pain trough the physical body. But I do not think that he does, because he is not in a physical body, for him it might be like watching tv is for us, someone gets his head blown off and we just watch as part of the entertainment, the difference is that what god watches is real.

JRdd's story is show us that Lord's pain beckons the new way of loving devotions. Without headache who could have thought that putting foot dust on Lords head would be the devotion?

Like this also the pains in our life. They are Lords blessing to beckon us to the new ways of devotion.

Same same Jesus on the Cross. What pain and what new forms of compassion followed same.

Are you getting me Cow Ji?

Once, Krishna pretended that He was sick, and many physicians came. Despite their best efforts to treat the headache, they were not successful. Krishna finally explained to Narada Muni, "No physician (can) cure Me. If some devotee gives Me the dust of his feet on My head, then I can be cured."

So Narada went to Vaikuntha. Residents of Vaikuntha achieved their position by rigidly following rules and regulations of the Vedas. It is offensive to place one's feet or the dust of one's feet on the Deity or the Deity's paraphernalia, including prasadam and the Lord's devotees. When Narada explained Krishna's plight and begged for the cure of the lotus feet of the Vaishnavas, the residents of Vaikuntha immediately refused. They feared that they would be sent to Hell for giving the dust of their feet. "Oh! How can I give? My dust on the head of Krishna? How it is possible?"

Queens of Dwaraka considered for a moment giving the dust of their feet. In the end they refused to do so. They explained to Narada that they didn't fear going to hell, but that they could not withstand the fire of separation from Krishna. They would rather see Krishna suffer than be separated from Him.

Narada returned to Krishna and explained what had taken place. Then Krishna asked that "Go to Vrindavana. Just ask the gopis if they can give. They are My best friends. If they are prepared? Oh, I am very much suffering from headache."

The gopis upon hearing that Krishna was sick, exclaimed, "Krishna has a headache? Yes, here, immediately take the dust of our feet and take it to Krishna right away!" Narada was bewildered. He asked, "Aren't you afraid that by placing the dust of your feet on Lord Krishna's head you'll go to hell?" The gopis replied, "We are not afraid of going to hell. And even though the fire of separation from Krishna is nearly unbearable for us, the idea that Krishna is unhappy is absolutely intolerable. If Krishna's health and happiness means that we must go to hell and be separated from Him, so be it."

(sent to me by friend at Boston Temple)