IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
mateo

Just an error test

Rate this topic

Taken from the book, Prabhupad by Satsvarupa dasa Goswami p. x of Introduction: Srila Prabhupad was born Abhay Charan De on September i, 1896 in Calcutta, India. His father was Gour Mohan De, a cloth merchant, and his mother was Rajani. His parent in accordance with Bengali tradition, employed an astrologer to calculate the child`s horoscope who made a specific prediction; when this child reach seventy, he would cross the ocean, become a great exponent of religion, and open 108 temples.

Abhay`s home at 151 Harrison Road was in the Indian section of north Calcutta....

Taken from the same book, Prabhupada p. 1

chapter One, Struggling Alone:.......Bhaktivedanta Swami took the opportunity to speak to the crew about the philosophy of Lord Krsna, and he dsitributed prasadam he had cooked himself. August 21 was his seventieth birthday, observed(without ceremony) at sea.

Prabhupad by Satsvarupa dasa Goswami p. 179, In Every Town and Village.... Here it says:

After London, Srila Prabhupad returned to America, where he spent some seven months at his US Centers especially Los Angeles. During late July in LA, he revealed his plans establishing a governing body commission to manage ISKCON. To this end he dictated the following on July 28, 1970:

I, the undersigned, A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami, disciple of Om Visnupad Paramahamsa 108 Sri Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarvasti Goswami Maharaj Prabhupada, came in the United States in 1965 on September 18 for the purpose of starting Krsna consciousness Movement. For one eyar I had no shelter. I was traveling in many parts of this country. Then in 1966, July, I incorporated this society under the name and style The International Society for Krishna Consciousness, briefly ISKCON... Gradually the Society increased, and one after another branches were opened. Now we have got thirty four(34) branches enlisted herewith. As we have increased our volume of activities, now I think a Governing Body Commission(GBC) should be established. I am getting old, 75 years old(?), therefore at any time I maybe be out of the scene, therefore I think it is necessary to give instructions to my disciples how they shall manage the whole institution. They are already managing individual centers represented by one president, one scretary and one treasurer, and in my opinion they are doing nice. But we want still more improvement in the standard of Temple management, propaganda for Krishna consciousness, distribution of books and literatures, opening of new centers and educating devotees to the right standard.

[This message has been edited by mateo (edited 12-07-2001).]

The Last Instructions from Prabhupad by Satsvarupa dasa Goswami, p. 334-335.

" This is our statement: Read all these books

then give your judgment. Give them all these 84 books, " Swamiji Prabhupad to Satsvarupa dasa Goswami. WHY?

" They have to hear even if it takes them 12 years to hear. This is the law."

" Here`s the evidence. These books have not been fabricated. So they have to read all my books, if you want to defend my mission: To inundate the whole world with Krsna consciousness, " Swamiji Prabhupad have declared to his secretary, Satsvarupa dasa Goswami.

" If they criticize our Hare Krsna movement,

our defense is these 84 volumes of Srimad Bhagavatam. "

[This message has been edited by mateo (edited 12-12-2001).]

Prabupad by Satsvarupa dasa Goswami p.9

... On October 18, 1965, he left Butler via Philadelphia for New York City.

Sally: After a month I really loved the Swami. I felt protective in a way, and he wanted to go to Philadelphia. But I couldn`t imagine-I told him -I could not imagine him going to Philadelphia for two days. He was going to speak there, and then to New York. But he knew no one in New York. If the thing didn`t pan out in Philadelphia, he was going to New York, and there was no one. I just couldn`t imagine. It made me sick.

I remember the night he was leaving, about two in the morning. I remember sitting there as long as he could wait before Gopal took him to Pittsburg to get on that bus. Gopal got a handful of change, and I remember telling him how to put the money in the slot so that he could take a bath at the bus station-because he was supposed to take a bath a few times a day. And Gopal told him how to do that, and told him about the automats in New York. He told him what he could eat and what he couldn`t eat, and ...he gave Gopal these coins in a sock, and that`s all he( Prabhupad Jesus) left us with.

..... ..... ..... .... ..... .... .....

A year later, His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupad installed to the ORACLE his divine organization known as the International Society for Krishna Consciousness(ISKCON). And the rest is history.