IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
alfa1

The process of ageing

Rate this topic

Have you actually seen anyone whose ageing process was reversed after Yoga? Because I personally know a number of people back in India, who have been into Yoga big time, for a number of years now, and they are ageing just like anyone else.

This is just like the claim of people levitating thru Yoga. It always happens somewhere else, where we cannot see it happen. On investigation, either it turns out to be a blind lead or the person does not do it in public. Typical Indian yarns.

Cheers

On March 7, 1952, Paramahansa Yogananda entered mahasamadhi, a God-illumined master's conscious exit from the body at the time of physical death. His passing was marked by an extraordinary phenomenon. A notarized statement signed by the Director of Forest Lawn Memorial-Park testified: "No physical disintegration was visible in his body even twenty days after death....This state of perfect preservation of a body is, so far as we know from mortuary annals, an unparalleled one....Yogananda's body was apparently in a phenomenal state of immutability."

------------------

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- jijaji

-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

I guess it depends on what we mean by reversing aging. I believe we'll all die, and so yoga won't reverse this process. But the physical yoga (breathing, meditation, stretching...) likely can "reverse" aging. I myself don't practice this yoga.

I have seen in the past where doctors will evaluate a person's health to determine their "physical age" as opposed to their time age. People might be 25 years old but physically have characteristics of person's much older.

I'm not an expert on this. But I have seen studies that show for instance that a vegetarian diet (I know its not yoga, but I'll connect it in a second) can "reverse" heart disease. Now suppose yoga allows a person to relax through meditation. Stress is one of the number one killers in the U.S. (associated with heart disease). Stress also manifests itself in the complexion of people. So it is possible that less stress will allow clearer softer "younger" looking skin. I had a friend who told me that she had a friend that went to a health spa for a few weeks, and when she returned she looked much younger (again it wasn't yoga per se, but my friend said that the stress in the person made her appear much older).

In addition, the breathing and stretching will give people much more flexibility as they age. Many people as they get old lose a lot of physical mobility. I can easily see yoga aiding in this, to help keep people limber.

So I don't think it is out of the question that yoga can help "reverse" the physical age of someone, or atleast slow it down.

Gauracandra

The energies around the body could reverse the process of ageing (because the higher form of energy has control over a lower form of energy, for example the mind over the body; a body without aura is a corpse; to accelerate the ageing it's easy).

Paramahansa Yogananda was another example when the energy(etherical body) has the control over physical body(I remember 27 days not 20).

Originally posted by alfa1:

The energies around the body could reverse the process of ageing (because the higher form of energy has control over a lower form of energy, for example the mind over the body; a body without aura is a corpse; to accelerate the ageing it's easy).

Paramahansa Yogananda was another example when the energy(etherical body) has the control over physical body(I remember 27 days not 20).

I copied from the SRF website so I assume the 27 days mentioned is accurate!

jijaji

I think Paramahansa Yogananda sent a proof to everybody how the upper energy controls the low energy. When somebody goes in Mahasamadhi from the physical body doesn't need etherical body and his physical body will be intact after couple of months.

I tried to find a job in India but without success yet.

I'd like to go there to work and to do Yoga.

If somebody can help me please let me know.

The last thing I want to do is to discourage you, but as someone who knows something about yoga and has lived in India, I have to tell you a couple of things.

Do not believe in this upper energy, lower energy, middle energies, etc, until you have actually seen someone in person who can satisfactorily demonstrate such things to you. Stories about dead people like Paramahamsa x and Paramahamsa y, do not count. See for yourself, before you believe.

For outsiders, India may seem like a spiritual paradise, but nothing could be more far from the truth. So before deciding to move to India and risk facing disappointment, get your facts right by doing more research and investigation. Con men in the guise of Gurus, are a dime a dozen, in India. They are ever ready to take unsuspecting people for a ride.

Good luck.

I'm working with this energies, I'd like to do research there about different energies, I don't need a teacher because there I'd like to teach Yoga.

India has the biggest resources in Yoga in the world.

That's why I'm trying to find a job there.

Originally posted by shvu:

Stories about dead people like Paramahamsa x and Paramahamsa y, do not count. See for yourself, before you believe.

Good luck.

This seems to refer to my posting of what was observed in the body of Paramahamsa Yogananda by the then Director of Forest Lawn Memorial-Park cemetary In Los Angeles. Who afterwards made a notarized statement in that regard.

Forest-Lawn Memorial-Park cemetary is the final resting places of many of the entertainment industry's biggest legends as well as famous Presidents in its various cemetaries around the country. Los Angeles being one of it's larger locations.

Here's are a few...

Baum, L. Frank b. May 15, 1856 d. May 6, 1919

Author - 'Wizard of Oz.'

Barry, Jack b. March 20, 1918 d. May 4, 1984

TV game show producer and host. He was involved in the quiz show scandals of the late 1950s while hosting "Twenty-One," which formed the basis of the movie Quiz Show (1994).

Baker, Edwin 'Eddie' b. November 17, 1897 d. February 4, 1968

American film actor. His career long career spanned from 1917 to 1965. Was one of the original Keystone Cops, and was also the first secretary/treasurer of the Screen Actors Guild.

Bogart, Humphrey b. December 25, 1899 d. January 14, 1957

Legendary stage and motion picture actor. Starred in a number of all-time film classics, such as "The Maltese Falcon" (1941), "Casablanca" (1942), and "To Have and Have Not" (1944). He won an Oscar as Best Actor for his role of 'Chalrie Allnut' in the 1951 John Huston classic "The African Queen," co-starring Katharine Hepburn. He met, and later married, actress Lauren Bacall on the set of "To Have and Have Not," in which they starred together.

Boyd, William 'Hopalong Cassidy' b. June 5, 1895 d. September 12, 1972

Actor - 'Hopalong Cassidy.' This memorial marker reads: Loved and remembered by faithful fans as America's favorite cowboy, William Lawrence Boyd "Hopalong Cassidy", 1895-1972. He was an outstanding scholar while attending East Side School from 1902-1908. Gained national recognition as a silent film star and international prominence as Hopalong Cassidy. He loved children and those who love him dedicate this monument in his memory on the 20th anniversary of his death. September 12, 1992.

Brown, Joe E. (Joseph Evan) b. July 28, 1892 d. July 6, 1973

American circus clown, vaudevillian, stage, and motion picture actor of the 1920s, 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s. Characterized by his broadmouthed, bellowing comic style. A master of the 'double take.'

Burns, George b. January 20, 1896 d. March 9, 1996

Entertainer / Centenarian.

Churchill, Frank b. October 20, 1901 d. May 14, 1942

Composer. Wrote the songs "Heigh-Ho!" and "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?," among many others.

Cole, Nat 'King' b. March 17, 1919 d. February 15, 1965

Singer.

Cooke, Sam b. January 22, 1931 d. December 11, 1964

Singer / Entertainer.

Cummings, Bob b. June 9, 1908 d. December 1, 1990

Actor. He was in movies such as "Saboteur" and "Dial M For Murder". He also had his own TV show called the "Bob Cummings Show."

Davis Jr., Sammy b. December 8, 1925 d. May 16, 1990

Entertainer.

Disney, Elias b. February 6, 1859 d. 1941

Father of Walt Disney.

Disney, Flora Call b. 1868 d. November 26, 1938

Mother of Walt Disney.

Disney, Walt b. December 5, 1901 d. December 15, 1966

Entertainment magnate extraordinaire.

Drysdale, Don b. July 23, 1936 d. July 3, 1993

Cy Young award winning baseball pitcher who played out his career with both the Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodgers, inducted into Hall of Fame in 1984. Held the record for pitching 58.2 consecutive scoreless until bested by L.A. Dodger Orel Hershiser in 1988. An intimidating figure on the mound, he infamously holds the major league record for number of seasons leading the league in batters hit by a pitch. He was found dead in his Montreal hotel room when he failed to show up for a Dodgers vs. Expos broadcast which he was to be announcing alongside play-by-play man Vin Scully.

Adams, John [original burial site] b. October 30, 1735 d. July 4, 1826

Second US President / Signer of The Declaration of Independence. Adams was Washington's Vice-President and succeeded the latter as president in 1797. He was defeated by Jefferson in 1801.

Eisenhower, Dwight D. b. October 14, 1890 d. March 28, 1969

34th US President. Led a brilliant military career. Eisenhower was named head of the allied forces in Europe in 1943. He was named head of NATO by Truman in 1950. He was elected President in 1952. His surgically removed gall stones and a molar (both removed post mortem) are in permanent storage at the National Museum of Health and Medicine.

Grant, Ulysses S. b. April 27, 1822 d. July 23, 1885

18th US President. Served two terms. Grant served as a general in the Civil War. In spite of his admirable service record and number of victories in war, Grant was accused of being a mediocre statesman and his administration was marred by scandal.

Jefferson, Thomas [original burial site] b. April 13, 1743 d. July 4, 1826

Third US President / Signer and author of The Declaration of Independence. A political writer, member of the Continental Congress, and governor of Virginia, Jefferson advocated a humanitarian liberalism and was elected president in 1801. His humanitarianism profoundly influenced Thoreau and Whitman. His original headstone from his grave at Monticello was presented to the University of Missouri because they were the first state university to be founded in the Louisiana Purchase while Jefferson was president.

So these are not some backwoods hick like funeral home people...or some cult like Hindu group trying to exalt their leader. This is a sworn notarized statement from the Director of Forest-Lawn at the time of Yoganandas death, which I personally find to be noteworthy.

Again ...

On March 7, 1952, Paramahansa Yogananda entered mahasamadhi, a God-illumined master's conscious exit from the body at the time of physical death. His passing was marked by an extraordinary phenomenon. A notarized statement signed by the Director of Forest Lawn Memorial-Park testified: "No physical disintegration was visible in his body even twenty days after death....This state of perfect preservation of a body is, so far as we know from mortuary annals, an unparalleled one....Yogananda's body was apparently in a phenomenal state of immutability."

from SRF.

[This message has been edited by jijaji (edited 12-05-2001).]