IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
darwin

darwin reform

Rate this topic

Some of you must have been praying for me. Over the last 2 weeks I have:

Been chanting quite allot more than I had been.

Stopped eating garlic and onion.

Shaved off my foot long beard.

Been going to Mangala Arati almost every day.

Started wearing a dhoti and Tilak at the Temple.

And a few other improvements in my thoughts and behaviors that I am now too well behaved to discuss!

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Hari Bol!

Originally posted by darwin:

Some of you must have been praying for me. Over the last 2 weeks I have:

Been chanting quite allot more than I had been.

Stopped eating garlic and onion.

Shaved off my foot long beard.

Been going to Mangala Arati almost every day.

Started wearing a dhoti and Tilak at the Temple.

And a few other improvements in my thoughts and behaviors that I am now too well behaved to discuss!

Thank you for your kind thoughts.

Hari Bol!

Congratulations!

Posted Image

I just heard about this and came to say how wonderful and encouraging your news is, Darwin. Now I hope you will not get discouraged if you sometimes stumble. Remember how toddlers fall while they're learning to walk, and they just get up and keep trying and before you know it they can even dance!

This is so inspiring. Whenever I hear of a devotee getting such a boost I feel uplifted myself, and inspired to increase my own practices.

I was wishing you well and recently said a small prayer to Krsna. Maybe collective prayers added up, or maybe Krsna heard the prayer in your own heart.

Did you attend Govardhan Puja yesterday or did you have to work? Please tell us about it. I was too sick to make the long journey, myself, and would love to hear descriptions.

We had a full arti and offered a small feast. I stayed up late the night before sewing because I eagerly gave Krsna His new outfit a few days ago, but didn't get this one done, so He will wear it on Sunday, Srila Prabhupada's Disappearance Day.

gladly, Jayaradhe

All Glories to Shrila Prabhupada

Dear Darwin:

>>>"Some of you must have been praying for me. Over the last 2 weeks...Been chanting quite allot more than I had been...."

Reply:

I am very Happy to hear this!

It has been some time since we have Communicated--I have been (since we first made contact) Praying to Shrila Prabhupada and Lord Krishna for your Advancement--this is so cool!

Clearly, in your Heart you have allways had some Very Sincere Desire and Lord Krishna is Delivering on it!

Your Gratefull Servant,

Bhakta don

PS:

Looking forward to more communication--I still remember the Dream that you told me about in the E mail that time--very significant now!!!

Hari Bol Bhakta Don prabhu!

It's been a while since I've talked to you. Here is the dream description from that email:

"I dreamed a very nice devotee had stuffed a rolled up newspaper into my toilet, leaving it hopelessly clogged. What can that mean? It's too bad. The dream started out well and went on for a long time with wonderful Devotees and opulent but cozy and welcoming Temples. I think it may have turned bad because I was over sleeping."

It is interesting to hear from you now and that you mention that dream. I have allot of trouble with my sleep cycle. I can't go into it right now because I need to try to sleep so I can get up at 3:00 AM to go to Mangala Arati. It is 8:56 PM here. I wasn't able to go the last 3 days, so I really should go tomorrow.

Hare Krishna!

[This message has been edited by darwin (edited 11-19-2001).]

I managed to wake up and go to Mangala Arati. This is quite an accomplishment for me. I have always had difficulty making myself get out of bed.

Before my alarm clock went off, I was dreaming I was a cow in a nature documentary on public television. I was part of a big herd of wild cows. It was in the middle of winter, and we were on a frozen lake. It had rained somewhere else, and the rain had caused a river to flood and bring water to the frozen lake. The water was flowing over the ice near us. We were all very thirsty, and we ran happily to the water and lapped it up. That is when my alarm went off.

Charlie D,

You've turned the corner, Prabhu Darwin. I remember making that change of heart, change of mode, big turn to Krsna.

The momentum has turned and you are no longer alone. Krsna will teach you from the Bhagavad-gita daily. It just keeps on getting better from here on in.

I am so very happy that you were able to take that last step.

gHari

All Glories to Shrila Prabhupada

Darwin!

What a difference Prabhu!

You almost looked 'Haunted' in the Before Picture.

AS you noted you have some issue with the sleep cycle--you DO look tired.

Please do not run yourself down. You cannot do service that can really satisfy your Heart--if you are laid-up.

Nice Neck Beads!

I have only One Humble Request--if I could?

Please do away with the 'we evolved from apes' stuff on your Website.

I am sure you do not still '' to the limited ideas of modern anthropology and archeology.

You could do so much with your Website as per demonstrating that the scientific basis of Krishna Consciousness exists--and is acceptable.

Also, you look 'too' thin--EAT 'more' Prashadam!

Your Servant,

Bhakta don

PS: ALL THE FOLLOWING EDIT TAGS ARE FROM FIXING ERRORS I REALLY SHOULD USE PREVIEW!

[This message has been edited by Bhakta Don Muntean (edited 11-26-2001).]

Thank you, Bhakta Shab. That is exactly what our Darwin had been hoping to find. It looks like a dozen hours of mandatory thrilling listening, Darwin Prabhu. I'm halfway through the first of the dozen science lectures, and I know you'll be totally

enthralled.

http://www.harekrishna.asn.au/speakers/sataputa_das/sataputa_das.htm

------------------

Gary Stevason

Seeking the Kingdom of God

The post from xvi000, and all the posts from everyone responding to it are gone. Could they have been removed by the moderator? There was nothing even slightly offensive in any of the posts and there has been no explanation. Is India Divine self-destucting just like VNN, or did some technical error cause all the posts from that time period to get lost?

[This message has been edited by darwin (edited 11-27-2001).]

Here's a cute quotation addressing the limitations of "science."

"Science does not know how we learn and remember, nor how we think

and communicate, nor how the brain stores information, nor what the

relationship between language and thought is. Science does not know how

living cells interact with nonliving matter. It does not know what the

origin of the universe is, nor how old the universe is, not what the

ultimate fate of the universe will be."

[Charles M. Vest, professor, president of MIT, in the International Herald

Tribune, January 16, 1996, p.8]

Stone: The moral: There's a difference, boys and girls, between science, the pursuit of knowledge, and scientism, the belief that the explanatory method used by natural science is the only way to know anything worth knowing. Jurgen Habermas calls this "science's belief in itself: that is, the conviction that we can no longer understand science as one form of possible knowledge, but rather must identify knowledge with science."

The post from xvi000, and all the posts from everyone responding to it are gone. Could they have been removed by the moderator? There was nothing even slightly offensive in any of the posts and there has been no explanation. Is India Divine self-destucting just like VNN, or did some technical error cause all the posts from that time period to get lost?

I am in Bombay for the next couple weeks. I have given someone the job of moderating the forums to keep things on track. I haven't seen any of the messages that were removed, but trust that they either deviated from the mood of the thread, deviated from the topic, or were offensive.