IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Visiting Krsna's Village of Peace

Rate this topic

Mahaprabhus Sankirtan Spirit Ki Jaya!

Thanks for these links Prabhu, this kind of relief news keeps the home fires kindled in a devotees heart. Whatever party it may be coming from we can see who's at the centre.

Those who give.... live!

I knew him in the early days, in Detroit, before he went to France. He got and his wife got Brahmin initiation when me and another girl got first initiation. He was a great preacher, and I don't think I ever saw him not smiling. That is how I always picture him, and that is how he looked when I saw him years later in Europe. Most of all, he gave the most ecstatic bhajans and harinam kirtans. Just an all-around nectar kind of guy.

JR

Around 10 years ago I had the chance of going with Maharaj in a preaching tour in Malaysia. It was really nice and we had wonderful programs. We left Kuala Lampur in a car driven by him and the brahmacaris followed us in a van. Every day we stopped in a beach, river, water fall or whatever was there to take a nice bath and cool down from the heat and humidity of Malaysia. We reached the host's house just for lunch and we had wonderful kirtanas and classes in the evenings. Sleep there and next morning drive to next destination.

He was really nice to me, the only woman plus with a baby and he always made sure that I had a place where to rest, bathe and eat. Actually my husband wanted to leave me behind and when I made a long face for the prospect of been left alone in a temple that I hardly knew anyone, Maharaj said: bring her and the baby along! No problems at all.

I had the nicest pictures of him playing mridanga in a kirtana with my daughter sitting in the mridanga!! Others of him carrying her on his shoulders or playing with her.

We went to Butterworth, Pennang and other towns that I don't remember the names and I had the time of my life. It was a really nice experience and he is a very nice gentleman that took care of us more that my husband did without compromising his sannyasa. He makes you feel part of a family, a devotee family and that everybody can contribute in Srila Prabhupada's mission.

This is so wonderful to hear this nectar about him, and to see that he is such an exemplery devotee.

I had to smile at your long face at staying at a temple where you hardly knew anyone. You seem to have no problems making friends and getting around.

Wish we could see those photos--any way to?

JR