Sign in to follow this  
radhe

Was Krishna Just ????

Rate this topic

Originally posted by marco:

Radhe, my dearest, thank you for the

clarification. I guess you are not Sri

Jaya Radhey.

Now, will you speak to me about yourself?

I`m very much interested in you because

it`s in you I`ll know my other self( from

the letters of my father, Dr. Melvin)

My dear friends, out there, please give

her also the chance to speak. I bet she has

the sweetest voice, like Sri Jaya Radhey.

Please pardon for the Pun(signed).

Guess the best way to summarise this discussion would be to say that "Krishna is beyond the mind. Dont try to judge Krishna's wisdom or actions with the petty human mind. Krishna is a law unto himself. Subtle things can be achieved in certain case by failure. Since Krishna is beyond success and failure, Success or Failure does not matter to Krishna."

Originally posted by radhe:

Guess the best way to summarise this discussion would be to say that "Krishna is beyond the mind. Dont try to judge Krishna's wisdom or actions with the petty human mind. Krishna is a law unto himself. Subtle things can be achieved in certain case by failure. Since Krishna is beyond success and failure, Success or Failure does not matter to Krishna."

If Krishna is beyond what the mind can

conceive and achieve, then you must have

been speculating, for several lifetimes,

what He really is. Maybe Krishna(Christ)

is a deceiver, a liar, two-timing beast.

etc. Why? Because Krishna(Christ) was

regularly surrounded with women who are

His pure-devotees? If not His 12 disci-

ples? That He doesn`t have even time to

talk to you? That`s why you`ve stopped

from, the time He disappeared from your

sights, thinking and loving Him > Krishna

( Christ)?

If I can`t therefore understand God with

my mind, then how am I going to know how

He feels towards me, a Christian? Please

enlighten me on this.

[This message has been edited by marco (edited 11-02-2001).]

What i was trying to say was that the mental instrument is not fit enough to judge / measure a phenomenon like Christ/Krishna. It simply is beyond the scope of the mind. If one wants to truly know god, it is possible only by union ... by a rise in the conciousness.== which can be done by 2 ways..

a)either through the inner sanctum of the heart (through love)

b)by going beyond the mind (opening up to levels of conciousness above and beyond the mind).

Came to Know all this by reading -- hope to get a practical knowledge.. and the sheer delight.. of these experiences.. -- Did i make myself clear.

Originally posted by jijaji:

quote:

That is why vaidhi bhakti must give way to raganuga at some point for those seeking the most intimate relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna.

jijaji:

True but please understand that in Gaudiya Vaishnavism a sadhak of the raganuga practice of manjari-smarana-leela (siddha pranali) does NOT contemplate on his siddha deha as being in service directly to Sri Krishna OR Sri Radhe.

In manjari sadhana one contemplates on one's spiritual idenity (siddha-deha) as being a servant of one of the "Hand-maidens" of Sri Radha..never Sri Radhe directly, but a servant of the servant of Sri Radhe...

That is the position of a raganuga sadhak in Gaudiya Vaishnavism.

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- jijaji Posted Image

-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

[This message has been edited by jijaji (edited 11-02-2001).]

Understood! Service activities are executed under the direction of one's immediate superior. Sympathy and empathy, however, must be with Radhika. Krsna has to surrender to Her in the end. That's how He wants it and that's why it all works the way it does.

While we all have relationships with each other, including Sri Guru, still there is an inner oneness emotionally with God, in our heart-of-hearts. For Gaudiyas that most intimate sharing is with Srimati Radharani, not Krsna. Unless we are able to take full shelter in Her, raganuga is not possible.

I'm not speaking of any kind of regulated sadhana here, but simply a sharing of feelings due to personal identification with another, as in close friendships. Any honest unmotivated attempt in that direction will be reciprocated by Radha, not Krsna. We should not confuse the two, nor should we try to share our most personal selves with Him.

That's just not the way to enter into Vrndavan pastimes. One can't be on both teams at once, unless perhaps they wish to remain a spectator...

valaya RR

Originally posted by radhe:

what is this thing about bee and honey?

It's all about the relationship between Radha and Krsna. He is considered to be the enjoyer of Her. Yet He came as Lord Caitanya in Her mood attempting to understand how She was actually experiencing a higher enjoyment than Himself !

Truth is, pure devotional service is the greatest pleasure and the manjari maidservant girlfriends of Radhika enjoy far more than either of the Divine Couple. Thus the pure devotee strives to become the servant of all and always sees himself/herself as the least. JAI SRI RADHE!

valaya RR

[This message has been edited by valaya (edited 11-03-2001).]

Radhe dearest, first of all I would like

to greet you this: PRAISE the LORD and

ALLELUHIA!

You see, last night, my father, Melvin,

told me if you were the one he had been

looking for ever since he left the SRI

SRI RADHA MADANA-MOHANA TEMPLE at Washing-

ton D.C. There he met this very wonderful

pure-devotee of Radha-Krishna whose name

is/was SAMADHI DASI of MD, TEXAS, USA.

She was the One who gave my father the ins-

piration to write, write, write Krishna

conscious articles.

In other words, if ever you will get to

meet SAMADHI DASI in the US, please tell

her that my father, Melvin, has not forgot-

ten her LOVE. In fact, my father went cra-

zy after not seeing her anymore when she

went to the Himalayas, India.

I would like to give you an assignment and

please tell me from your point of view the

meaning of SAMADHI. And later, I would also

give you mine, according to my father, Mel-

vin. O.K?

[This message has been edited by marco (edited 11-03-2001).]

I would like to give you an assignment and

please tell me from your point of view the

meaning of SAMADHI. And later, I would also

give you mine, according to my father, Mel-

vin. O.K?

Hey Marco !

Do you play Polo ?

sushil -- that might be true in your case.. I agree to it fully. But there could be other people who love talking about krishna.. and his pastimes....There are different kinds of bhakti. One shouldnt try to make any rule about such things.. This is just my thought....

My question to you is why are you posting under two different names/ Amanpeter aka Valaya? Also, why are you so quick to pick out others faults and whine so loudly when they pick out yours? Oh by the way, I am sick of your barely disquised anti-Prabhupada propaganda. Before you become too smug you need to know I am neither a woman nor have I ever posted under any other name on this forum.

Originally posted by valaya:

Another pointless slap from someone who, I believe, has yet to make even one positive contribution to this forum. Please correct me if I'm mistaken, jndas prabhu.

I suspect the re-emergence of a certain High Venomess...or maybe just one of her poisonous `disciples`.

[This message has been edited by valaya (edited 11-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Hedley (edited 11-04-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Hedley (edited 11-04-2001).]

Hey Marco, aka Melvin, now to be know as MelMarc. You said your "father" Melvin committed suicide. Goes back to what I said on another MelMarc thread, it will be hard to know when he is telling the truth. Go take your meds MelMarc.

You see, last night, my father, Melvin,

told me

[This message has been edited by marco (edited 11-03-2001).]

Originally posted by Hedley:

Hey Marco, aka Melvin, now to be know as MelMarc. You said your "father" Melvin committed suicide. Goes back to what I said on another MelMarc thread, it will be hard to know when he is telling the truth. Go take your meds MelMarc.

Another pointless slap from someone who, I believe, has yet to make even one positive contribution to this forum. Please correct me if I'm mistaken, jndas prabhu.

I suspect the re-emergence of a certain High Venomess...or maybe just one of her poisonous `disciples`.

[This message has been edited by valaya (edited 11-04-2001).]

Guest guest

Valaya: In the sense of impersonal Absolute Truth there is only Hari, as Satyaraja keeps pointing out.

Satyaraj: No, you had misunderstood the whole thing! Hari is both personal and impersonal. He is Absolute. He is the Supreme Personality and the Supreme Impersonality of Godhead. He is all.

Vedanta stresses that Hari does not sports His lilas displaying potencies (Vedanta-sutra 2.2.43) simply because He does not have sensitive organs to reciprocate with these potencies. So, the theology of saktas, that places His lila-partners as His energies or potencies is considered by Badarayana Rsi as a mere childish effort to describe His lilas’ modus operandi.

The way Hari sports His lila is completely inconceivable, and no reasoning may fathom it.

Baladeva, who is a very learned Gaudiya-acarya from the past, instructs that a free soul exists in state of non-separation from the Lord (Vedanta-sutra 4.4.4.). This state is called sayujiya, or intimate union with the Lord. In spite of that sayujiya, some souls may feel the sentiment of separation from the Lord (viraha).

While dwelling in Vaikuntha, the jivas are in three-fold union with Hari (sayujiya):

1) They are in the world of the Lord, which is Hari Himself.

2) Hari is in them, so they can never be unconscious of His presence.

3) They are in union with Hari’s external form, sporting with Him.

So, can one sports with Hari’s personal aspect without being merged within His impersonal aspect?

[This message has been edited by Satyaraja dasa (edited 11-05-2001).]

> Hari is both personal and impersonal. He is Absolute. He is the Supreme Personality and the Supreme Impersonality of Godhead. He is all.

The greatness which is by and large transformed further. Who that thinks that can jump passing santa rasa. Religion at a level of material feelings.

Brahmeti paramatmeti bhagavan iti sabdyate.

Originally posted by sanjay_lulla:

{quote)We forget the eternal words of THE LORD "karmanye wadhikaraste...." What he did as RAMA/KRISHNA was just the justification of this shloka. Being detached from what ever he did HE was not bound by the karma. HE did so without getting emmotionally involved in the deed. HE just did it as it had to be done the logic is so simple and moreover did not Kamsa and Ravana get liberated by just glancing at the divine form of the LORD? HE just loves everyone. HIS ways of showing grace are different diff fruits as per the nature of our karmas. Yes dont doubt HIM but know HIM.

Dear Sanjay, yes, you shall be with my Dad

in Heaven because of faith that you know

the One who sent me. You can tell His per-

sonality by reading His works. You may be-

gin here.