IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
karthik_v

Did Jesus say......

Rate this topic

I have heard in some lectures that Jesus said:

" I am yet to reveal everything, but you are not ready yet."

In which book or part of Bible does he say this? Could someone kindly quote the exact verse and its meaning and context?

Haribol Karthik_v,

Thank you for getting me into that search, and finally giving me an impetus to register for Audarya Lila. It seems I was only a close second, so I have added the two additional chapters your other servant has discovered for you. I found a couple of other short special quotes on separate topics too which will be at the end. A good Biblical resource is found at: The Bible Gateway

John 16

These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.

They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?

But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?

They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith.

Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.

And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.

Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?

Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.

These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

John 3

Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council.

He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."

In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.[1] "

"How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"

Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit[2] gives birth to spirit.

You should not be surprised at my saying, `You[3] must be born again.'

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

"How can this be?" Nicodemus asked.

"You are Israel's teacher," said Jesus, "and do you not understand these things?

I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.

I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?

No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.[4]

Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the desert, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,

that everyone who believes in him may have eternal life.[5]

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[6] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.[7]

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God."[8]

After this, Jesus and his disciples went out into the Judean countryside, where he spent some time with them, and baptized.

Now John also was baptizing at Aenon near Salim, because there was plenty of water, and people were constantly coming to be baptized.

(This was before John was put in prison.)

An argument developed between some of John's disciples and a certain Jew[9] over the matter of ceremonial washing.

They came to John and said to him, "Rabbi, that man who was with you on the other side of the Jordan--the one you testified about--well, he is baptizing, and everyone is going to him."

To this John replied, "A man can receive only what is given him from heaven.

You yourselves can testify that I said, `I am not the Christ[10] but am sent ahead of him.'

The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom's voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete.

He must become greater; I must become less.

"The one who comes from above is above all; the one who is from the earth belongs to the earth, and speaks as one from the earth. The one who comes from heaven is above all.

He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony.

The man who has accepted it has certified that God is truthful.

For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God[11] gives the Spirit without limit.

The Father loves the Son and has placed everything in his hands.

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."[12]

John 21

Afterward Jesus appeared again to his disciples, by the Sea of Tiberias.[1] It happened this way:

Simon Peter, Thomas (called Didymus), Nathanael from Cana in Galilee, the sons of Zebedee, and two other disciples were together.

"I'm going out to fish," Simon Peter told them, and they said, "We'll go with you." So they went out and got into the boat, but that night they caught nothing.

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus.

He called out to them, "Friends, haven't you any fish?No," they answered.

He said, "Throw your net on the right side of the boat and you will find some." When they did, they were unable to haul the net in because of the large number of fish.

Then the disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, "It is the Lord!" As soon as Simon Peter heard him say, "It is the Lord," he wrapped his outer garment around him (for he had taken it off) and jumped into the water.

The other disciples followed in the boat, towing the net full of fish, for they were not far from shore, about a hundred yards.[2]

When they landed, they saw a fire of burning coals there with fish on it, and some bread.

Jesus said to them, "Bring some of the fish you have just caught."

Simon Peter climbed aboard and dragged the net ashore. It was full of large fish, 153, but even with so many the net was not torn.

Jesus said to them, "Come and have breakfast." None of the disciples dared ask him, "Who are you?" They knew it was the Lord.

Jesus came, took the bread and gave it to them, and did the same with the fish.

This was now the third time Jesus appeared to his disciples after he was raised from the dead.

When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my lambs."

Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?" He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."

The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?" Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you." Jesus said, "Feed my sheep.

I tell you the truth, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go."

Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, "Follow me!"

Peter turned and saw that the disciple whom Jesus loved was following them. (This was the one who had leaned back against Jesus at the supper and had said, "Lord, who is going to betray you?")

When Peter saw him, he asked, "Lord, what about him?"

Jesus answered, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you? You must follow me."

Because of this, the rumor spread among the brothers that this disciple would not die. But Jesus did not say that he would not die; he only said, "If I want him to remain alive until I return, what is that to you?"

This is the disciple who testifies to these things and who wrote them down. We know that his testimony is true.

Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

Luke 12

And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it.

For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them.

But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

1 Corinthians 6

Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.

------------------

Gary Stevason

Seeking the Kingdom of God

Guest guest

For certain his followers weren’t prepared to bear the truths from Brahma-sutras, like present days Harekrsnas aren’t.

Guest guest

There is no scarcity of warns within Harekrsnas’ literature cautioning faithful believers to avoid Brahma-sutras and other sruti texts. The truths reveled by these works would destroy the sand castle where their dual God dwells. They would revel a non-dual God, Hari, who cannot be attained by any religious practices at all...

Jesus has done the same while preaching his religion.

Krsna has mentioned a revolutionary way to attain His realm: “Just abandon all sort of religion...” (Gita 18.66) Indeed a very difficult way to be followed. Krsna has only summarized the essence of Vedanta in that verse.

Originally posted by Satyaraja dasa:

For certain his followers weren’t prepared to bear the truths from Brahma-sutras, like present days Harekrsnas aren’t.

Thanks Satyaraja very much, for the information part of your reply.

Satyaraj, its amazing how you can take any discussion, and inject your hatred into it in a manner to make the discussion deviate completely from the original point. If you have nothing positive to answer to Karthik's question, then don't post. I will not warn you again about this. Use your common senses. This thread was a question on the bible, and you start speaking your nonsense about Hare Krishna's. Don't come here to spoil these forums. If that is your only purpose, you won't be around much long.

I have one more question. Perhaps members like Valaya and gHari can enlighten me on this.

In the Bible Jesus also said "If someone slaps you, turn the other cheek for him". What was the context? What is the verse?

Jesus was a bonafide acharya and a great guru, as Srila Prabhupad often stated. Yet, I find that this teaching of Lord Jesus is not in the same line as that of BG, where Lord Krishna wants Arjuna to fight for dharma and even more dedicate every action to Krishna.

So, if an adharmic person harms you, you should fight back, though you may not be having material desires. Then, why did Jesus say otherwise?

Is my understanding incomplete or was the time, place and circumstance different?

Please enlighten me.

Jesus was a bonafide acharya and a great guru, as Srila Prabhupad often stated...

According to the Bible, Jesus was the only son of God, sent down by God to save man. God's only begotten son, who came down from heaven.

Definitely much more than a "bonafide acarya".

Cheers

... more tolerant than a tree ...... if a tree is slapped it will not slap back, unless of course the branch is bent in a way that by nature it will snap back in the face of the offender.

It is easy to search for "cheek" or "other cheek" at the Bible Gateway whose link was given in my first post here. Electronically surf the words of Lord Jesus, he may have something else to add.

gHari

------------------

Gary Stevason

"Give to every man that asketh of thee"

KV, thou hast asketh of me, so here is the context, for it is more than being more tolerant than a tree:

Luke 6

And it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands.

And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye that which is not lawful to do on the sabbath days?

And Jesus answering them said, Have ye not read so much as this, what David did, when himself was an hungred, and they which were with him;

How he went into the house of God, and did take and eat the shewbread, and gave also to them that were with him; which it is not lawful to eat but for the priests alone?

And he said unto them, That the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

And it came to pass also on another sabbath, that he entered into the synagogue and taught: and there was a man whose right hand was withered.

And the scribes and Pharisees watched him, whether he would heal on the sabbath day; that they might find an accusation against him.

But he knew their thoughts, and said to the man which had the withered hand, Rise up, and stand forth in the midst. And he arose and stood forth.

Then said Jesus unto them, I will ask you one thing; Is it lawful on the sabbath days to do good, or to do evil? to save life, or to destroy it?

And looking round about upon them all, he said unto the man, Stretch forth thy hand. And he did so: and his hand was restored whole as the other.

And they were filled with madness; and communed one with another what they might do to Jesus.

And it came to pass in those days, that he went out into a mountain to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God.

And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles;

Simon, (whom he also named Peter,) and Andrew his brother, James and John, Philip and Bartholomew,

Matthew and Thomas, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon called Zelotes,

And Judas the brother of James, and Judas Iscariot, which also was the traitor.

And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people out of all Judaea and Jerusalem, and from the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon, which came to hear him, and to be healed of their diseases;

And they that were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed.

And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.

And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.

Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.

Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.

Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger. Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep.

Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also.

Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again.

And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them.

And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same.

And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.

But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch?

The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.

A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:

He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

But he that heareth, and doeth not, is like a man that without a foundation built an house upon the earth; against which the stream did beat vehemently, and immediately it fell; and the ruin of that house was great.

gHari

------------------

Gary Stevason

And here is that chapter in the "New Living Transalation" also from the Bible Gateway which seems to offer insight, grouping that section under the title "Love For Enemies". If my brother hits me, I will not hit him back having compassion for his messed-up head.

Use the force, Luke 6

A Discussion about the Sabbath

1One Sabbath day as Jesus was walking through some grainfields, his disciples broke off heads of wheat, rubbed off the husks in their hands, and ate the grains. 2But some Pharisees said, "You shouldn't be doing that! It's against the law to work by harvesting grain on the Sabbath."

3Jesus replied, "Haven't you ever read in the Scriptures what King David did when he and his companions were hungry? 4He went into the house of God, ate the special bread reserved for the priests alone, and then gave some to his friends. That was breaking the law, too." 5And Jesus added, "I, the Son of Man, am master even of the Sabbath."

Jesus Heals on the Sabbath

6On another Sabbath day, a man with a deformed right hand was in the synagogue while Jesus was teaching. 7The teachers of religious law and the Pharisees watched closely to see whether Jesus would heal the man on the Sabbath, because they were eager to find some legal charge to bring against him. 8But Jesus knew their thoughts. He said to the man with the deformed hand, "Come and stand here where everyone can see." So the man came forward. 9Then Jesus said to his critics, "I have a question for you. Is it legal to do good deeds on the Sabbath, or is it a day for doing harm? Is this a day to save life or to destroy it?" 10He looked around at them one by one and then said to the man, "Reach out your hand." The man reached out his hand, and it became normal again! 11At this, the enemies of Jesus were wild with rage and began to discuss what to do with him.

Jesus Chooses the Twelve Apostles

12One day soon afterward Jesus went to a mountain to pray, and he prayed to God all night. 13At daybreak he called together all of his disciples and chose twelve of them to be apostles. Here are their names:

Simon (he also called him Peter),

Andrew (Peter's brother),

James,

John,

Philip,

Bartholomew,

Matthew,

Thomas,

James (son of Alphaeus),

Simon (the Zealot),

Judas (son of James),

Judas Iscariot (who later betrayed him).

Crowds Follow Jesus

17When they came down the slopes of the mountain, the disciples stood with Jesus on a large, level area, surrounded by many of his followers and by the crowds. There were people from all over Judea and from Jerusalem and from as far north as the seacoasts of Tyre and Sidon. 18They had come to hear him and to be healed, and Jesus cast out many evil spirits. 19Everyone was trying to touch him, because healing power went out from him, and they were all cured.

The Beatitudes

20Then Jesus turned to his disciples and said,

"God blesses you who are poor,

for the Kingdom of God is given to you.

God blesses you who are hungry now,

for you will be satisfied.

God blesses you who weep now,

for the time will come when you will laugh with joy.

God blesses you who are hated and excluded and mocked and cursed

because you are identified with me, the Son of Man.

23"When that happens, rejoice! Yes, leap for joy! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were also treated that way by your ancestors.

Sorrows Foretold

"What sorrows await you who are rich,

for you have your only happiness now.

What sorrows await you who are satisfied and prosperous now,

for a time of awful hunger is before you.

What sorrows await you who laugh carelessly,

for your laughing will turn to mourning and sorrow.

What sorrows await you who are praised by the crowds,

for their ancestors also praised false prophets.

Love for Enemies

27"But if you are willing to listen, I say, love your enemies. Do good to those who hate you. 28Pray for the happiness of those who curse you. Pray for those who hurt you. 29If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn the other cheek. If someone demands your coat, offer your shirt also. 30Give what you have to anyone who asks you for it; and when things are taken away from you, don't try to get them back. 31Do for others as you would like them to do for you.

32"Do you think you deserve credit merely for loving those who love you? Even the sinners do that! 33And if you do good only to those who do good to you, is that so wonderful? Even sinners do that much! 34And if you lend money only to those who can repay you, what good is that? Even sinners will lend to their own kind for a full return.

35"Love your enemies! Do good to them! Lend to them! And don't be concerned that they might not repay. Then your reward from heaven will be very great, and you will truly be acting as children of the Most High, for he is kind to the unthankful and to those who are wicked. 36You must be compassionate, just as your Father is compassionate.

Dont Condemn Others

37"Stop judging others, and you will not be judged. Stop criticizing others, or it will all come back on you. If you forgive others, you will be forgiven. 38If you give, you will receive. Your gift will return to you in full measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use in giving--large or small--it will be used to measure what is given back to you."

39Then Jesus gave the following illustration: "What good is it for one blind person to lead another? The first one will fall into a ditch and pull the other down also. 40A student is not greater than the teacher. But the student who works hard will become like the teacher.

41"And why worry about a speck in your friend's eye when you have a log in your own? 42How can you think of saying, `Friend, let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,' when you can't see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log from your own eye; then perhaps you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye.

The Tree and Its Fruit

43"A good tree can't produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can't produce good fruit. 44A tree is identified by the kind of fruit it produces. Figs never grow on thornbushes or grapes on bramble bushes. 45A good person produces good deeds from a good heart, and an evil person produces evil deeds from an evil heart. Whatever is in your heart determines what you say.

Building on a Solid Foundation

46"So why do you call me `Lord,' when you won't obey me? 47I will show you what it's like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then obeys me. 48It is like a person who builds a house on a strong foundation laid upon the underlying rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against the house, it stands firm because it is well built. 49But anyone who listens and doesn't obey is like a person who builds a house without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will crumble into a heap of ruins."

gHari

------------------

Gary Stevason

Romans 1-2 confirms that we have the knowledge of God within us, as Srila Bhaktivinoda refers to as in his Garland of Vaishnava Truths as svatah-siddha-jnana:

Q. How can one know the truth of the Lord (Bhagavat-tattva)?

A. This can be known by the soul's knowledge of the self-evident truth (svatah-siddha-jnana).

Romans 1

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Romans 2

Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.

And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

For there is no respect of persons with God.

For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law;

(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another Posted Image

In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

gHari

Satyaraj prabhu,

It is amazing how you took our dull discussion of biblical passages, and injected a Krishna Conscious subject into it in a manner to make the discussion turn back to the original point of this forum, spiritual discussions. While many of us were searching our databases working to come up with dry, alleged "Jesus quotes", (as if Jesus would want us to use quotes instead of just trying to speak the truth!) you bravely took matters into your own hands, and chastising us for thinking we know the full truth or thinking we can come to full truth through books and words, you were able to force us to contemplate the full truth of the impersonal effulgence or whatever, and by being just abrasive enough, do us the favor of making us come to the defense of Krishna consciousness personalism.

Satyaraja dasa wrote:

and:

There is no scarcity of warns within Harekrsnas’ literature cautioning faithful believers to avoid Brahma-sutras and other sruti texts. The truths reveled by these works would destroy the sand castle where their dual God dwells. They would revel a non-dual God, Hari, who cannot be attained by any religious practices at all...

Jesus has done the same while preaching his religion.

Krsna has mentioned a revolutionary way to attain His realm: "Just abandon all sort of religion..." (Gita 18.66) Indeed a very difficult way to be followed. Krsna has only summarized the essence of Vedanta in that verse.

[This message has been edited by darwin (edited 10-27-2001).]

How would you know?

Originally posted by darwin:

as if Jesus would want us to use quotes instead of just trying to speak the truth as we know it[This message has been edited by darwin (edited 10-27-2001).]

Hey Darwin;

Are you Satyaraja dasa or Melvin?

Originally posted by darwin:

Satyaraj prabhu, it is amazing how you took our dull discussion of biblical passages, and injected a Krishna Conscious subject into it in a manner to make the discussion turn back to the original point of this forum, spiritual discussions. While many of us were searching our databases working to come up with dry, alleged "Jesus quotes", (as if Jesus would want us to use quotes instead of just trying to speak the truth!) you bravely took matters into your own hands, and chastising us for thinking we know the full truth or thinking we can come to full truth through books and words, you were able to force us to contemplate the full truth of the impersonal effulgence or whatever, and by being just abrasive enough, do us the favor of making us come to the defense of Krishna consciousness personalism.

Satyaraja dasa wrote:

[This message has been edited by darwin (edited 10-27-2001).]

Originally posted by jndas:

Satyaraj, its amazing how you can take any discussion, and inject your hatred into it in a manner to make the discussion deviate completely from the original point.

I have not yet seen this "hatred"

but only some clumsy love.

Those of you who associate with Satya-whatever or jjijijiji are doomed, whether conversing with them or just reading their poison. Are you greater than Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja? No argument will register with these people. There are only three choices when facing such a snake. And sitting around chatting while hearing this nonsense is very definitely not one of them. If you don't give them what they want, they will get it elsewhere. If you do give them what they want, whom do you serve? Much much worse than a waste of time.

If you don't care or if you're only here out of loneliness, by all means get buddy buddy with the devil, but when you no longer have any desire for Krsna don't blame anyone but yourself.

Those of you who associate with Satya-whatever or jjijijiji are doomed, whether conversing with them or just reading their poison.

Can you explain 'doomed' here? What exactly do you think will happen to people who associate with them and/or read their 'poison'? btw I can just as easily say,

Those of you who associate with gHari-whatever & party are doomed (*), whether conversing with them or just reading their poison.

* Doomed - they will be taken for a ride and misled with false philosophies.

Looking forward to a profound answer from you,

Thanx.