IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
JRdd

Making Excuses

Rate this topic

Sometimes I think the philosophical understanding of our fallen condition can be used to excuse behaviour that really should be effectively curtailed by now. To think that we must be resigned to being entrenched in abusive or fallen behaviour, is simply discouraging. Dis-COURAGE-ing. Does this process work? You bet it does!

Originally posted by JRdd:

Sometimes I think the philosophical understanding of our fallen condition can be used to excuse behaviour that really should be effectively curtailed by now. To think that we must be resigned to being entrenched in abusive or fallen behaviour, is simply discouraging. Dis-COURAGE-ing. Does this process work? You bet it does!

Sometimes we are so afraid of being puffed up that we tend to overcompensate by deeming ourselves as inadequate. Seems like if we don't worry so much about the state of our egos, and instead focus on chanting, reading, associating, serving in various ways, we will make far more advancement.

This is self peptalk. I spend too much time beating myself over the heart.

JR