IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
ggohil

Bizarre

Rate this topic

It is curious to note that the perpetrators of terrorism may have prayed to God before executing their mission, believing they are carrying out God’s will. On the other had the victims pray to the same Supreme to grant them the strength to avenge the work of Satin.

Similarly,

In a competition a competitor prays to God for the first place in the name of his country and his family, but in essence all he seeks from God is 2nd and 3rd place for his opponents.

[This message has been edited by ggohil (edited 09-14-2001).]

Yes gives much pause for thought. Who are we actually praying to, are we actually righteous, are our prayers appropriate and for the good of others, etc. etc. Each side feels righteous. Each side engages in heinous activities. Beginning with abortion.

Seems safe though to pray for compassion, enightenment, harmony, and a resurgence of interest in the spirituality.

ys, JR

"Seems safe though to pray for compassion, enightenment, harmony, and a resurgence of interest in the spirituality."

I do not think so

What in the real world are call heinous activities - otheres (fanatics) see it as an act of "compassion", done with humbleness to created greater "haromony and the resurgence of interest in spirituality" (whether forced or otherwise in this paradigm it can still be seen (by the fanatic) as a religious act)

[This message has been edited by suryaz (edited 09-14-2001).]

Originally posted by suryaz:

"Seems safe though to pray for compassion, enightenment, harmony, and a resurgence of interest in the spirituality."

I do not think so

What in the real world are call heinous activities - otheres (fanatics) see it as an act of "compassion", done with humbleness to created greater "haromony and the resurgence of interest in spirituality" (whether forced or otherwise in this paradigm it can still be seen (by the fanatic) as a religious act)

I answered that too quick, before, was in a rush.

Now are you saying that there is no God then, and that prayer is an illusion? Or are you saying that the qualities of compassion, harmony, enlightenment, and an interst in spirituality are argueable in absolute terms?

Don't bother answering for my benefit though, for I am not interested in your pseudo-intellectual cold treatises, nor do I continue dialogues with habitual contrarians, like you and your friends.

Peace.

JR

Guest guest

Please forgive all my offenses to you jrdd. It is time for unity. one nation under krsna. my ghee lamp is being lit right now to show at 7, and the soldiers under my command are doing the same.

Originally posted by rand0M aXiS:

Posted Image

Humm RandOm, RandOm, I love that post.

But did not the author know that surly by their actions, hell could only be "heaven" for those /somethings/

That in a way answers your question JR (that was my intended perspective - sorry about the dis-clarity)

Guest guest

MC: I forgot to answer you on the Gladiator response. Yes, you are correct on that fired up lecture to the troops. I thought I was on a holodeck, and bounced off the screen before I sat down and watched the rest of the flick. Posted Image

Originally posted by Maitreya:

suryaz, remember they are expecting 21 virgins to be waiting for them.They know it's hell alright.

Does that go for us females also??? I hope not

This heaven sounds like not only one of fire (whether heaven or hell) but one of "bastardisation" also

(PS Jndas in Australia “bastardisation” is a legal term for abuse)

Please forgive all my offenses to you jrdd. It is time for unity. one nation under krsna. my ghee lamp is being lit right now to show at 7, and the soldiers under my command are doing the same.

I lit up at 7 est time to be with the new yorkers in spirit, and also am about to light up soon for our neighborhood one at pst. Nice to be at peace with you. We neednt be cats and dogs later though right? I mean in peacetime? Posted Image

JR

Ok Suryaz, sorry about that, thought you were just trying to be contrary for the sake of it. I was coming from a perspective of peace is at stake now and had no patience for what I thought was to be an intellectual argument. sometimes a picture speaks more than a thosand words. Posted Image

JR

MC: I forgot to answer you on the Gladiator response. Yes, you are correct on that fired up lecture to the troops. I thought I was on a holodeck, and bounced off the screen before I sat down and watched the rest of the flick. Posted Image

Yeah it was surreal.

Nice to finally hear some resolve out of Washington to take these ****s out.Clinton sent a couple Tomahawks at 'em to distract from the previous day's revelation about the stain on the blue dress.

We must have a sustained effort.

Strength and honor bro.

It is time for unity. one nation under krsna. my ghee lamp is being lit right now to show at 7, and the soldiers under my command are doing the same.

Hey, Ski Instructor !

How do you command

soldiers of snow ?

Posted Image

(Profile for rand0M aXiS

Homepage: http://www.users.qwest.net/~aryan

Ski Instructor.......)

------------------

talasiga@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by talasiga (edited 09-15-2001).]