IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
JRdd

Peace Painting Input Invited

Rate this topic

Originally posted by leyh:

Dear JRdd:

All the best with your painting!I hope you will produce a nice painting dedicated to peace and of course to the source of peace,Krsna Posted Image

"O son of Kunti, all that you do, all that you eat, all that you offer and give away, as well as all austerities that you may perform, should be done as an offering unto Me." (Bhagavad-gita 9.27)

Thanks, leyh! I consider it our painting not mine. Latest update is, due to the influence of Gauracandra, it's becoming quite a paste up job; I put in big butterflies, things tumbling down the river/flood, a Native American perring out of the dark, a sun and a moon, The Jaladuta at Boston harbor, the mahamantra, etc. etc., and Murali Manohara playing His flute with His Supreme Mona Lisa smile.

May love of God inundate the world NOW.

JR

Originally posted by dasanudas:

Upon thinking of it I started to see like you are describing a lower world of darkness and ashes and some tormented souls as I'm sure all of 'em won't be headed for the same destination. The ruin pictures coming in on TV are rather graphic, very eerie and haunting.

Then I'd like to see another world of everfresh life coiling out of the ashes into something like those scenes of the various spirits floating in the movie'What Dreams may Come' all rejoicing and placid above the skyline.

Man what are those souls going thru? What a way to exit this world. As you know Kirtan is not limited by time and space, so anyone of us can chant towards that geography. But those that live there could certainly do some wonderful relief work for that troubled environment.

I love this vision and I see that this thread is also something of a word peace painting for world peace. Here are some other inputs for the canvas one (should have started on a much larger canvas it now seems). Dinadayadri prabhu wrote:

"What I would like to see in your peace painting is the Sun and Moon rising

simultaneously in the sky in their full-ray potency. I one time had a dream

of this soon after attending the first Gaura Purnima festival in Mayapur in

1972. In the dream, all the people were running out of their houses and

pointing at the sky at this never-before-seen phenomenon. All the nondevotees

were screaming in terror, thinking that the world was coming to an end But

all the devotees were ecstatically engaged in glorious Hari Nama Sankirtan

because they understood the event was symbolic of the Sun and Moon of Sri

Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Lord Nityananda, Who appeared simultaneously for the

purpose of destroying the blazing fire of material existence in the hearts of

all living entities."

Madhavi prabhu wrote:

"How bout Lord Caitanya's mango tree Jayaradhe? I planted a mango pip just last nite, thinking of His mango tree passtime!"

It seems like each idea that has come up could be a painting on its own, too. Anyway I hope all the moods, if not all the images, come across in the painting.

Peace be with you.

Jayaradhe

Originally posted by JRdd:

(should have started on a much larger canvas it now seems).

The Universal form and more is appearing.Good ideas.

How about Alfred E. Newman, tilaked and hand in bead bag, saying "What, me worry?".

Not serious just trying to add a little levity in these grave times.

Hare Krishna

MC

How about Alfred E. Newman, tilaked and hand in bead bag, saying "What, me worry?".

I like it! Only make it a huge beadbag with his left, instead of his right, hand in it and `what me worry` on his t-shirt. Also, wearing a dhoti and sandals! Now should he be shaved up or with long hippie hair?

Originally posted by amanpeter:

I like it! Only make it a huge beadbag with his left, instead of his right, hand in it and `what me worry` on his t-shirt. Also, wearing a dhoti and sandals! Now should he be shaved up or with long hippie hair?

No he still has his hair.Dhoti?Maybe but NOT SILK and it must be wrinkled.Yoga pants will do.He doesn't have hippie hair but he is not shaved up.left hand? no way!He's a little loose, not avadhuta but not muci either.

T-shirt idea is a must.

JRdd already has him with tilak,she would know what to do.

[This message has been edited by Maitreya (edited 09-13-2001).]

I'm trying to get off this computer so I can work on the picture but as I don't have TV I have been following the news online, video clips and photo galleries too. My radio doesn't tune in so well. It's been like this for days now, since this all happened: trying to get away from the computer.

Can you see Srila Prabhupada in the Jaladuta? Like that old painting, Srila Prabhupada in the ship and many people taking the ropes from the ship.

JR: nice way to cope with the tragedy.

Do you have Mahaprabhu in there? He is the "apostle of love"

Originally posted by Maitreya:

That about covers Alfred JR.

I meant anything else besides Alf.

(I have him ready now but don't want to put him where he stands out too much like the star so I'm waiting to see where he fits in. Kind of like me.)

Originally posted by atma:

Can you see Srila Prabhupada in the Jaladuta? Like that old painting, Srila Prabhupada in the ship and many people taking the ropes from the ship.

JR: nice way to cope with the tragedy.

Do you have Mahaprabhu in there? He is the "apostle of love"

Well you can see Srila Prabhupada standing beside that picture of the ship. And Mahaprabhu, well so far there is His spirit there but I will see what happens there.

There is a torn piece of headline "Attack on America", and the Mt Rushmore four tumbling down the flood. There are some people chanting, including a Muslim woman in the group.

thanks, JR

Originally posted by JRdd:

I meant anything else besides Alf.

(I have him ready now but don't want to put him where he stands out too much like the star so I'm waiting to see where he fits in. Kind of like me.)

You mean there is something beyond Alfred?

No if you are going to include him, like I said I was only joking,he needs to be in an aloof observer slightly removed position.

Jayaradhe,

In the end, just make a painting that makes you happy. You're the artist. Please let us know how it progresses. I'll brainstorm some more, but don't feel any pressure to use these ideas. Sometimes too many cooks spoil the painting -or something like that Posted Image

Gauracandra

I'm thinking if he goes in the painting he will either be on the sidelines observing, as Maitreya said, or behind a tree where you can't see him at all. Not that I don't want consultation, it's just that I am here with this little picture and see where it's going. I like the baseball cap idea. Maybe with the badge what me worry on it (his body is not gonna show, for sure. He only gets to peek out of the painting, no more.

There is a scarecrow with a book in his hand, yet to be titled, a peacock, a small boat with people caught in the inundation (for better or worse? all seems positive from the larger perspective, Krsna's watchful eye), and there is a statue of an angel upside down, being carried away by the flood. There is an eagle too. I think if Alfred makes it in it might be good to have Charlie Chaplin there too. There is a skeleton too.

More feedback please. I may be getting carried away in this inundation of images. Anything already there can be painted or pasted over.

JR

Thanks Gauracandra. But I'm only the painter. If people give me stuff to put in it it is like having a lot of paint on the palette, which I don't have to use unless Heart directs me to. I'm just playing with it. It is an unexplainable meditation. I add an image without knowing why and then suddenly all the symbolism or layers of meaning are felt in that one little image.

And sometimes on paintings I have four paintings on one canvas before the final layer emerges.

I thought with this painting our collective inputs would be appropriate, as a symbol of working cooperatively and lovingly together for peace. That was one of the main ideas behind it.

thanks, JR

Okay Alfred it is. Since Krsna's creation, the universal form, has everything in it, it must also include the sacred clown, who embodies some of you two and me and others too. The heyoka is an important part of any culture, I jest you not, and though his jokes may often seem silly or sacrilegious he offers alternative perspectives, such as making it easier to see things from a wider angle.

Hair yes, right hand yes, T-shirt yes, tilak yes too. Anything else?

JR

Hari bol, Sashi! Well, the painting kind of dragged to a halt for now but it's in our hearts, and whether or not it will appear externally in a painting, I don't know. I got kind of daunted by it, didn't have a flow, then got real sick. But I still take it out for a few days sometimes and look at it, thinking one of these times I will get back to it. I think what is beautiful are all the inspirations expressed here. I forgot about this thread and it was fun reading all the ideas and thoughts, thanks for pulling it back up!

Posted Image

JR

I got kind of daunted by it, didn't have a flow, then got real sick.

What are you doing for the treatment? Take proper rest, food, medicines. Please stop doing fasting and all that. You can resume those once you are fine. Eat what your doctors advise you without breaking your head trying to find out if it is good or bad. Take medicines even if they taste bad. (Close your eyes and gulp in one shot). Right now, you have to think about yourself. If you are physically not well, how can you do anything properly?