IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jagat

The Tao of Krishna consciousness

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Talasigaji: Now you have caused a domestic squabble in my life. I asked my wife whether it was Holzt who composed this "Symphony of Spheres"

Satyaraj: Holzt had composed the “Symphony of Planets” that is a meager imitation on the “Symphony of Spheres” composed by Hari. Unfortunately I don’t have any CD of Hari’s symphony that is reserved for some muktas.

I insist that Ravana also has invented the violin that was played with a stick made of bull’s tail hair. Ravana was very inventive...

Originally posted by Satyaraja dasa:

I insist that Ravana also has invented the violin that was played with a stick made of bull’s tail hair. Ravana was very inventive...

This reference to a "violin"

must be a product of the translation process

Some scholars with a meagre knowledge of musical intruments and for want of the appropriate word

for a chordaphonic instrument played with a bow

may have used the word "violin" in a generic sense.

It would have been better had they used the word "fiddle".

As you would be aware the violin emerged only about 400

or so years ago in Europe probably derived from the Arabian

rebab, the medieval fiddle and the rebec.

Of course, if you have information that Ravana invented

a fiddle other than the sarangi or, what is more likely,

the sarangi's forerunner, I have a genuine interest in

knowing more about this <u>fiddle</u>.

Guest guest

Well, I read this in Adiatmika Ramayana, but as you stressed very well it can be only a translator’s invention too.

A smrti text mention an very rare and unusual kind of pralaya cause by air! As you should known soft pralayas are caused by water, harder by fire, and extremely destructive ones caused by air!

Once a long living sage was caught by one of these air pralayas while living in a cave, and when he went out to see what was happened with his food (as he was living on air), he could not see any brahmanda anymore. He could only witness a wonderful symphony vibrating the ether remaining within his heart. That symphony was caused by the spheres or worlds that exist within the hearts of the muktas and it is ruled by Hari Himself as the maestro, and it was propagating by the ether all over without being disturbed by the other gross elements.

In fact the rsi wasn’t liberated yet, as this condition still may exist in a material world in the primordial plasma (mahat). But as time is not completely manifested in such a situation, it can be taken as a continuos present with a residual fraction of past and low fraction of future. This is the correct place to text the acintya-bheda-abheda philosophy, as simultaneity may be consider equality and confused with absolutelity in such situation.

Anyway, instead of discussing philosophical tenants in such situation I would prefer to feel the “Symphony of the Spheres.” In that condition you can easily hear to the symphony playing at the heart of any mukta, including gopis themselves!

Anyway, instead of discussing philosophical tenants in such situation I would prefer to feel the “Symphony of the Spheres.” In that condition you can easily hear to the symphony playing at the heart of any mukta, including gopis themselves!

Even the movement of blood evinces harmonics

But don't you know that it is the HEARTSONG

that moves it ?

------------------

talasiga@hotmail.com

Guest guest

Talasigaji: Even the movement of blood evinces harmonics. But don't you know that it is the HEARTSONG

that moves it ?

Satyaraj: Yes, sruti states that Brahman dwells at the pericardium’s fluid. The small jiva is placed into that fluid while sleeping and dreaming. There Hari manifests the worlds of dreams. For certain one may feel the “Symphony of Spheres” at that place too... He doesn’t need to hold an air pralaya to feel that symphony.

Is there something outside Hari that is not inside Him?

Is there something outside Hari that is not inside Him?

If Hari is All

What can be without Him ?

------------------

talasiga@hotmail.com

Guest guest

Talasigaji: If Hari is All

Satyaraj: So, why I cannot feel that “Symphony of Spheres” on my present sayujiya?

Satyaraj: So, why I cannot feel that “Symphony of Spheres” on my present sayujiya?

ANSWER 1:

You are not

All of Hari .....

ANSWER 2:

First, have you fully felt your present "sayujiya" ?

[This message has been edited by talasiga (edited 10-29-2001).]

Guest guest

Talasigaji: First, have you fully felt your present "sayujiya" ?

Satyaraj: I cannot tell you that. Perhaps I had only reasoned it. Not really felt it.

Otherwise the symphony would be felt too.

Originally posted by talasiga:

The ferry of devotion

finds Radha waiting

at every shore

IMPLICATION 13:

She feels the separation when the Ferry goes

Feels the union when the Ferry comes

and She feels the River at Her toes.

But can She feel His feelings

as He watches Her waiting

at the shore ?

------------------

talasiga@hotmail.com

If Hari is All

Within you Without you

we were talking...

about the space between us all..

¸..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- jijaji Posted Image

-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*

[This message has been edited by jijaji (edited 11-11-2001).]

Originally posted by jijaji:

Within you Without you

we were talking...

about the space between us all..

jijaji Posted Image

Can you imagine jelebi-s

without the concentric spaces ?

They'd just be saffron lumps .

Who would stuff their faces then

When sweetness no longer corrals

the little voids in our life ?

------------------

talasiga@hotmail.com

This got me thinking. We all know Prabhupada’s famous dictum, “Religion without philosophy is sentiment, or sometimes fanaticism, while philosophy without religion is mental speculation.”

This statement indicates that the Krishna consciousness movement seeks a balance between the intellectual and emotional aspects of our being, to bring them into harmony. Let us call this the Tao of Krishna consciousness – finding the happy medium between the emotional yang and the intellectual yin.

“Religion without philosophy is sentiment, or sometimes fanaticism, while philosophy without religion is mental speculation.”

It appears Prabhupada seeks a balance between the theological--ideas and philosophical--reasons of a religion.

"Let us call this the Tao of Krishna consciousness – finding the happy medium between the emotional yang and the intellectual yin."

Yin is feminine usually categorically seminal to emotion. While Yang is masculine unusually qualified into intellectual thinking.

Tao according to TY Eastern Philosophy translated as way.

Sincerely,

BHAKTA SUPERCOW.

[This message has been edited by Caitanyachandra (edited 11-13-2001).]

Originally posted by Caitanyachandra:

“Religion without philosophy is sentiment, or sometimes fanaticism, while philosophy without religion is mental speculation.”

It appears Prabhupada seeks a balance between the theological--ideas and philosophical--reasons of a religion.

"Let us call this the Tao of Krishna consciousness – finding the happy medium between the emotional yang and the intellectual yin."

Yin is feminine usually categorically seminal to emotion. While Yang is masculine unusually qualified into intellectual thinking.

Tao according to TY Eastern Philosophy translated as way.

Sincerely,

BHAKTA SUPERCOW.

This is interesting but take a look at Bhaktivinoda Thakura's

YANG-YIN-yang-yin analysis (two tiered or yang-yin reflective analysis)

Or should I say

YIN-YANG-yin-yang

YIN = MUKHYA-TEACHINGS IN TERMS OF SACRED FAITH = uttamadikari

YANG = MUKHYA TEACHING + RATIONAL ANALYSIS = madhyamadakari

yin = religious faith and sentiment of Komala-sraddhas

yang = knowledge of biological needs and wants

There is no doubt that there are elements of truth in both approaches Viz: rational and sacred-faithic. The purpose of the puranas, as with the Gaudiya religion is to kindle sacred faith. However Bhaktivinoda Thakura also claims that in order to achieve this sacred faith (mukhya view), there may also be a preliminary inclusion of rational analysis. Interpretations of that nurture (rationalism) also create a tendency to disregard material written (eg puranas) for those of the nurture of sacred faith (mukhya view) and/or to increase that nature. Those who use rationalism as a preliminary mechanism to advance towards the faithic view (mukhya view) are madhyamacaris.

The nature of the faithic view (of the puranas) becomes sacred tradition (or spiritual) only when it does not contain influences of Komala-sraddhas. When the characteristic of what the Komala-sraddhas’s promote eg - ritual as the means, superstition, insidious dogmatic approach and local custom the approach conceptualisation of the purana are mythic. As such the puranas are identified as myth when rationalists analyse the puranas in terms of the mind-set of the Komala-sraddhas.

Hummm!! it looks like there is some Kabalah influence here to me - YHvh -

Except in Bhaktivinoda's equation it is Hvhy (is it not?)

Suryaz

[This message has been edited by suryaz (edited 11-15-2001).]

Guest guest

Bhaktivinoda was a very learn person and he could study many works, and why not Kabalah? While reading his books one can observe many influences that he had to formulate his theology: Zoroastrian, Islam, Christian, Yoga, Pañcaratrika, Mayavada, and so on.

The point is that he was a Sakta by birth and most of his new acquisitions were employed to make a new doctrine where the theory of saktis was preserved.

<u> Vale George Harrison.</u>

The ferry of devotion

finds Radha waiting

at every shore

IMPLICATION 14:-

Is She waiting for Her Sweet Lord ?

Is She singing "My Sweet Lord" ?

And will She touch the ferry

before it touches the shore ?

------------------

talasiga@hotmail.com