IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jagat

Jagat's old kirtan rant

Rate this topic

RAdhA-DAmodar TSP was started by KIrtanAnanda SvAmI Sep1971.

15Mar1972 ViSNujan SvAmI joined KIrtanAnanda SvAmI at Atlanta festival.

TKG was India GBC.

TKG returned to USA to join VJS Summer 1974.

Karandhar took a "vacation" Jan1974.

JayatIrtha wore 3 hats Jan-Jun1974: Spiritual Sky pres, LA temple pres, West Coast GBC.

Ramezvar became BBT Trustee Jan 1974, after Karandhar left.

Karandhar returned to ISKCON Summer 1974.

He became India GBC for a few months.

He was switched to LA Spiritual Sky pres Fall 1974.

Tulasi dAs was Juhu, Mumbai temple pres.

He became LA Temple pres in Summer 1974, removing one of JT's hats, burdens.

Thanks for the URL, Jagat. It is not clear how to purchase the record from that site. Any hints would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone seen Moulin Rouge yet? It did not dawn on me til near the end that Nicole Kidman's character Satine is patterned after Sati from the Puranas. Also, she is ready to sacrifice herself for the leading man just as Sati did for Mahadev. I thought that although it was clever overall, it was a little too choppy in spots. How about that elephant house she lives in? I would like to convert our little raised ranch into one, but I do not think the Village here would be all that receptive.

Hey Ananga,

Interesting point about Satine=Sati. I did not pick up on that at all, but now that you mention it, it does fit in with the whole Indian play in the movie. Maybe I'll have to see it again to pick up on other points.

Gauracandra

Guest guest

You can purchase it from Amazon.com. Go to their site and search under London Radha-Krishna Temple and you will find the following:

Chant and be Happy! [iMPORT]

George Harrison, London Radha-Krishna Temple

Our Price: $13.99

Availability: This title usually ships within 24 hours.

Guest guest

Your welcome. I would have posted the URL here, but it is one of those hellish 200 character long ones that never seem to cooperate with the UBB format.

Yes, it would be nice if you could order through XXI, as this is a devotee-run organization. Madan Mohan Das, I believe, is Michel Laverdière's devotee name. He built up Atma Records and XXI into one of the strongest independent classical record companies in Canada.

Email xxi-21@dsuper.net and see if he can ship that one across the border.

Actually, I see that he is using another distributor info@sri-Canada.com

www.sri-canada.com

XXI PRODUCTIONS INC ACD 22130 SRICD-CHANT AND BE HAPPY INDIA / INDIAN DEVOTIONAL SONGS (CHANTS) HARRISON,GEORGE(PRODUCER) THE LONDON RADHA-KRISHNA TEMPLE 722056213028

[This message has been edited by Jagat (edited 07-08-2001).]

"I'm a million miles away, but at the same time I'm right here inside your picture frame." - Voodoo Chile

Could it be: That Jimi Hendrix was a reincarnated disciple of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur?

Re: The Govinda recording w/George Harrison and Yamuna.

With all due respect to the other singers on the track, it would have been so much better if they only sang on refrains and had let Yamuna do more a capella singing.

Come to Strawberry Fields, Central Park, New York or celebrate locally.

Did he have a favorite prasAdam dish?

Even vikarmis believe these 4 were some sort of demigods.

What did Ramanuja's guru's whisper & George's repertoire have in common?

"Listen, do u want to know a Secret? Do u promise not to tell?"

Originally posted by Ananga:

"I'm a million miles away, but at the same time I'm right here inside your picture frame." - Voodoo Chile

Could it be: That Jimi Hendrix was a reincarnated disciple of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur?

-----

Originally posted by Krishnananda dasa

No.

Thank you Krishnananda das. Folks really need to spend more time reading Prabhupada's book in order to gain knowledge of the seriousness and qualifications required from such a disciple. No offense intended, simply that its highly unlikely that such a diciple would reincarnate as somone involved in the 'dark side' (voodoo), a heavy drug addict acid rocker, enjoyer of much illicit sex, who put his face in the place of Krishna's.