IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
animesh

Dance of Shiva

Rate this topic

Possibly the relationship to the sutra symbolized in part by the yin and yang symbol "Life is death. Death is Life." I imagine there are many different perspectives.

In any case it is not good to keep statues or pictures of dancing Shiva (among a few other deities such as Ganesh) in the house.

[This message has been edited by Dharma (edited 05-26-2001).]

The devas carry out their controlling functions spontaneously by their ordinary activities. For example the changing of seasons, the coming of rain, and many other natural occurences are created when particular devas sing a song, dance, or sleep. To some degree they are not even consciously doing it. They are performing their own activities, and the natural arrangement is that it ties into the entire universe.

<QUOTE>In any case it is not good to keep statues or pictures of dancing Shiva (among a few other deities such as Ganesh) in the house.</QUOTE>

Why is it so? Do other people in this forum (jndas ji and others) also think that we should not keep statues or pictures of dancing Shiva?

I was somewhat surprised by this as well. Vaastu masters teach this. They have ways of measuring the energies of places electronically with some kind of meter.

I did not pay much attention to this, but once when an Acharya skilled in vaastu came to house once to he immediately pointed to some of the statues and wall hangings and said to remove from the house immediately. That they would drain energy. The removal did make a huge difference however. Quite noticable. I was surprised.

According to that tradition, Ganesh should not be in the house but in a temple. The direction the trunk faces is important as well. to the right is auspicious. Krishna shown with the flute and dancing Shiva are not considered appropriate to have in the home as well. If Ganesh must be kept in the home he should not be placed alone, but with Laksmi.

I guess if you have some of those statues and are experiencing some disharmony in the home or problems with the children, finances, health,tiredness, or whatever try removing them and see. Perhaps it will have impact or perhaps it won't.

[This message has been edited by Dharma (edited 05-28-2001).]

If you go to a state in India called Maharashtra, every Hindu house will hvae several statues of Lord Ganesha. Ganesha being the most popular deity in Maharshtra. However, there is no extra problems you can see in Maharashtra as opposed to other states in india. As a matter of fact, Maharashtra is one of the more prospering states in India. I think we need to come out of superstitions that a particular statue is not a good omen. It is lowly brahmins who have created these petty thoughts in name of vaastu-shastra. If there were to be problems because of keeping Ganesha's statues, there should have been great disharmony in that state. It seems like any other state in India, only being better off than other states. Why? If you look from bhakti perspective, people in maharashtra are almost in love with Ganesha. And if you are sincere in your bhakti all these things cannot matter. In fact, I find it almost foolish to believe personally that keeping God's statue in a respectful manner in your house can be bad for your life!

Definately such statues can bring prosperity. However the energy can be drained from the dwelling as well.

The Vedic sage whom vaastu was revealed to was meditating on how man could be free of the sufferings and insecurities that had even then plagued man for too long. The focus for the sages at that time was enlightenment not worldly gain. There were few dwellings and vaastu was used primrily for temple construction.

When a structure is built in an electromagnetic field the field is disrupted. When the structure is built according to vaastu it is least disruptive to the natural order. At that time the focus was harmony -in not causing damage to the way the earth receives and interacts with cosmic or divine energy rather than in today's condition of "What-can-harnessing- these-energies-do-for-me?"

The body scavenges electricity. That is why eating raw food can give you more energy than cooked food. You can operate a clock plugged into a lemon or an apple for several months (you can get these clocks at a science store if you'd care to try it). The cooked fruit has no electrical charge. The same clock plugged into it will not work.

Food is not the only source of energy that the body uses. If the colon is clogged with toxins and mucous and the body has lost its ability (its sponginess) to absorb energy from prana, vapors, water, light, etc., calories are sometimes the primary energy source however. It was not always the case.

In ancient times prana flow was important as so much energy it takes for insight.

The focus was on enlightenment not on material gain.

The more energy available the more oppertunity for insight. Energy was taken from wherever it could be had. Evidence of this remains in the septanga marga as well as other tried and true paths. A dwelling with correct vaastu has high levels of prana. The inhabitants can scavenge a bioavailable energy from the site. If the energy of the site is less than that of the inhabitants such as a home under an electrical transformer or one with faulty vaastu such as a with high NE and a low SW, the inhabitants will lose energy. It is a house where there is bickering. The men do not come home at night. The women complain. There is alchoholism. There are health problems and psychological sufferings. There can be an almost total lack of sacredness. The children are difficult, lazy, disturbed or deformed-sometimes like demons. The inhabitants are oft times obese or diabetic as they are trying to make up the enrgy deficiency with food. Help must be hired as such a house is difficult to keep clean-all energy is taken up in survival.

Definately the inhabitants of such homes may prosper financially. I have seen some such houses with terrible vaastu with elevators and $100,000 chandeliers in them-handpainted gold leaf wallpaper-the works. Virtual outer world paradises contributing to inner world hell. They are not particularly suitable for human habitation however and totally inappropriate for those seeking mukti. Please do not misinterpret. I am not saying that lavish houses are linked to such disharmony. Not at all. I am saying that sometimes there will be a home with great disharmony of electromagnetic fields that does not affect the finances-yet there are many other sufferings within.

With the development of instruments that measure subtle energies it was confirmed that the homes with some of the statues had less energy. There was a drain so to speak. I imagine that some of these powerful icons must use some of the available energies to answer the prayers of the inhabitants. But that is just my perception. That is why perhaps they are said to drain energy from the home. In a larger place such as a temple which will more than likely be thoughtfully planned out and harmoniously built-more so anyway that the average housing development home, the energy drain is not so noticable.

Or perhaps it is sacrifice. That is the ancient way. Something is given, something is received. It takes much more energy on a devotees' part and certainly a sacrifice of time and energy and perhaps some money to travel to a temple to pray. Many times the statues are placed in the home for convenience of inhabitants or as decorative objects. I can see what you are saying and the philosophy ofthe statement about how can keeping a statue of a god in your home be bad for your life.

On the other hand the focus of vaastu was originally for liberation of human suffering not for material gain. If the prosperity is bringing happiness and liberation to people then that is very good. However it has not been my experience with wealth. Prosperity in general just gives more freedom or oppertunity to run from or manage one's sorrow in my experience.

Those who employ vaastu know that it is good to keep the NE corner of the home free. Since this is called deva moola many will place their alters right in the NE corner. There is a sanskrit saying that translated says "closed northeast-dead plot." To close this corner is like blocking the windpipe or lifeforce of the home. There is a measurable difference when the NE is blocked be it with a bookcase or a religious statue.

I do not think it matters if one is choking to death on holy water or choking to death on Budweiser. The result is the same. Is one a more beautiful death? I think not.

Removing the statues made a measurable difference in my home. I would logistically or philosophically thought there would be no difference. The gods are still there just not in statue form.

[This message has been edited by Dharma (edited 05-29-2001).]

Dear Dharma Prabhu dandavats,

Interesting information, altho I'm not so familiar with Vaastu shastra I have always had a kind of sixth sense to the environment i live in and have some knowledge of Feng shui but feel more comfortable with the Indian way. Many things you've touched on i find quite relevant to my present evolution of conciousness. I tend to like things to be in their most effective place where they enhance and compliment the rest of the environment, so as to give a soothing feeling of harmony and well being for myself and those who come to share the same space. I suppose it could be considered an art and I have a little artistic bent in me. I like that when anyone visits they leave feeling some relief not confusion, or storm clouds of judgement.

Originally posted by Dharma:

Definately such statues can bring prosperity. However the energy can be drained from the dwelling as well.

The Vedic sage whom vaastu was revealed to was meditating on how man could be free of the sufferings and insecurities that had even then plagued man for too long. The focus for the sages at that time was enlightenment not worldly gain. There were few dwellings and vaastu was used primrily for temple construction.

I, myself have a large stone stature of Lord Ganesh which i was rather drawn to out of affection and thru the instruction of Srila Rupa Goswami in the Nectar of devotion where he states Ganesh removes all impediments on the path of bhakti. But due to also having Gaur Nitai deities I understand Lord Gauranga also does this for the good of our spiritual advancment. So altho I don't worship Ganesh I still feel the benefit of his presence when he is in the home, He does drwer a few prayers and exchanges with him on the odd occasion, but tend to sometimes feel some guilt that i don't pay him proper attention and service due to him not being in our temple.

My spiritual master was quite averse to keeping religious icons deities or even pictures if they weren't served with love and devotion.

At the same time I'm quite partial to the way Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupad distributed so much rememberance in the form of art, magazines and every possible way he could bring divinity into our eyes and ears, and I fully appreciate this kind of mass distribution. As wherever anyone sees the beautiful forms of the Lord it must help in some small way. so I guess if they are neglected then the energy will definately change for the worse, but if they are served nicely then ones home becomes like Goloka.

Due to us all not being able to live in a temple, the next best thing, or maybe even better thing, is to make ones home a temple, fit for their Lordships to reside in. Easier said than done. But often times far more relatable for Grhastas. I like very much to appreciate the demigods all around in the environment, seeing them all respectively serving in relation to Krsna.

I do understand the difference between deity and idol tho. You can definately feel Their presenceand Their absence for that matter.It seems everything turns to stone when you stop seeing it as divine.

Or perhaps it is sacrifice. That is the ancient way. Something is given, something is received. It takes much more energy on a devotees' part and certainly a sacrifice of time and energy and perhaps some money to travel to a temple to pray. Many times the statues are placed in the home for convenience of inhabitants or as decorative objects. I can see what you are saying and the philosophy ofthe statement about how can keeping a statue of a god in your home be bad for your life.

On the other hand the focus of vaastu was originally for liberation of human suffering not for material gain. If the prosperity is bringing happiness and liberation to people then that is very good. However it has not been my experience with wealth. Prosperity in general just gives more freedom or oppertunity to run from or manage one's sorrow in my experience.

I agree here prabhu, as Krsna has stated to those he favours He sometimes removes their wealth. So in this regard we have to decide what form of devotion we aspire to practise Demigod, Vaikuntha, Ayodya, Dwaraka or Braja

Seva. And accept what the Lord gives or removes to facilitate that life unconditionally. It's sometimes a bitter pill to swallow but ultimately for our own development and benefit.

Those who employ vaastu know that it is good to keep the NE corner of the home free. Since this is called deva moola many will place their alters right in the NE corner. There is a sanskrit saying that translated says "closed northeast-dead plot." To close this corner is like blocking the windpipe or lifeforce of the home. There is a measurable difference when the NE is blocked be it with a bookcase or a religious statue.

So unlike Feng shui where each individual has different auspicious directions, are there fixed rules for the deity, as it seems the deity is supposed to face the rising sun from what i've heard?

Removing the statues made a measurable difference in my home. I would logistically or philosophically thought there would be no difference. The gods are still there just not in statue form.

How is your wealth increasing, materially and spiritually speaking? Thanks for the food for thought prabhu. I'm going on a house changing rampage.

>>> Note from JNDAS: I fixed the quotes. You need to put [ /quote ] on the end of the quotes.

[This message has been edited by jndas (edited 05-30-2001).]

I have seen some such houses with terrible vaastu with elevators and $100,000 chandeliers in them-handpainted gold leaf wallpaper-the works. Virtual outer world paradises contributing to inner world hell. They are not particularly suitable for human habitation however and totally inappropriate for those seeking mukti. Please do not misinterpret. I am not saying that lavish houses are linked to such disharmony. Not at all. I am saying that sometimes there will be a home with great disharmony of electromagnetic fields that does not affect the finances-yet there are many other sufferings within.

I agree vaastu-shastra is not some magical stuff as you rightly explained it to be. The sages thought about this based on scientific truths they had explored and then perhaps given birth to this science of creating natural harmony between individual and universal electro-magnetic forces. So, let's try and keep it a rational science. This means that there is insufficient reason to believe that even though a house was prospering financially, the householders were unhappy because of the vaastu-shastra not being implemented in the dwelling. Unhappiness is a common malaise of modern times (a businessman feels unhappy at others success and his not doing as well as others, even a student feels this, and perhaps a spiritualist is also unhappy today because he is not reaching where he desires to be)because we have lost our focus on dharma, which has lead to transitory emotions - greed, satisfaction, jealousy, etc in us which cannot remain satisfied eviternally unless we find the eternal emotions to substitute for transitory ones. To give some credence to my thought, I would only say that peope who are not financially well off and may have their dwelling based on vaastu-shastra are not guaranteed to be happy. Source of our happiness lies elsewhere - our karma and if we evolve to a stage beyond karma, then our existence. Scientifically, it is only rational to say that there is no proof to suggest that take a unhappy man and put him in a house built on the principles of vaastu-shastra, and he will be a happy man. Let's remember that human mind, as per hindu philosophy, is a powerful tool that can create/ negate things in the universe. So, if one were to truly believe that vaastu-shastra makes a difference he will only see that part. While, one who can take a re-birth from his faith in vaastu-shastra (read science) and evolve to a stage beyond, these matters do no matter!

Cheers

Namaste Dasanuda,

Thank you for your beautiful response. I am writing to respond to the question about which direction the deity faces. The person performing puja should face west. East is the second choice. South is the direction ruled by Death recommended to face this direction. However circles and arches are appropriate there as they attract and absorb negativity. In ancient traditions the circle was reserved for mandalas and ceremonies for the dead. Personal experience and preerence cannot be overuled and there really is not a should not. You may notice different types of meditations or mystical experienes are affected by the direction you are facing.

However if the alter in in the Northeast quadrent of the home it should not be in the corner but off towards the east. The deity would be facing west.

East and West are both all right. I have heard some conflicting opinions from masters reguarding N & S. It is like the inside bathroom. There is some controversy. I would keep the statue if beloved. The thing about vaastu as Love said, the karma is also a factor as to ones susceptability. Some can stay in terrible places and suffer no ill effect. Others can sleep on nails.

If I were you I would keep the statue.

Common sense has to come in. I have a very good house but have a small 3x2 pond in the S which is not so good. However the birds and lizards depend greatly on it. The pond will stay. I was not particular attached to or dependent upon the statues so I did not have a problem giving them up at the suggestion of the master. Some I still kept, but not Ganesh, Krishna with the flute, Dancing Shiva or the laughing Buddha.

Love writes:,

"Scientifically, it is only rational to say that there is no proof to suggest that take a unhappy man and put him in a house built on the principles of vaastu-shastra, and he will be a happy man."

This is very true as actually the type of home you have with either good or faulty vaastu is a karmic repercussion. What would more than likely happen to the poor unhappy fellow if transplanted from a faulty vaastu home into a good one is that the his karma will speed up and be experienced quite quickly. He will curse the day he ever heard of vaastu and say it is bull and threaten to sue the master or at the very least think ill of him call him a useless fellow.

His wife will complain more, eat more, shop more and say, "I told you so." He may lose his job. A dramatic vaastu move is not for the faint hearted. Nor sometimes is the path to enlightenment.

Usually in such a move things can get worse-actually much worse for quite some time. But if the same "hyperspeed karma" situation were to happen in a place with faulty vaastu it would be an absolute hell.

But eventually when the unhappy fellow has hit rock bottom in such a house and becomes a master of suffering,realizes his internal condition, he will have an insight-generally one along the line of: that suffering is not in the fact but in the perception of the fact and bang-he no longer suffers. No matter what.

This is not a figurative example. I have seen it over and over again. Whether the person is aware of that phenomena or not it, still occurs.

The difference is that in a terribly faulty vaastu house that there is little energy for such insight. Just when you think it can not get any worse, it does. Or it just goes on and on. "When will it ever end.If only." and "I should have" become predominate thoughts. Others are constantly blamed for misfortunes-be it the priests or the president, ones children or the iRS. Worse yet there is resignation. "That's life." or "It's my karma." or "It's God's will that I suffer." becomes the mantra. Eventually numbness sets in or he manages his sorrow and becomes like a living corpse.

There is barely enough energy in such houses to handle ones own affairs, let alone offer prayer or compassion to others. That is a reason why the priests and monks would be concerned that the places they spent their time would have tremendous energy. It is necessary to be able to serve others.

I do not know if vaastu is so much a science as a philosophy. It to many people is not rational. Nor is much else about Hinduism-yet the effects are empiracle.

Those who study vaastu and feng shui will know that the history of the previous inhabitants will follow the future inhabitants. You will see many houses that are up for tax lien sale or every one who stays gets divorced, or perhaps there is a nervous disorder amongst the people. In some places the males do not live past 40, or there is brain cancer. Making a few chnaging in the plot level can change the fortunes of all future inhabitants.

This is when you get into the realm of the sages. Close observation of natural phenomena. History repeating itself. There was a street in India where the males all died very early. It was thought to be cursed. A problem in the West-I think it was an open field and several wells- was adressed by a sage and the difficulty ceased.

Again vaastu like ayurvedic medicine has its roots in the quest for enlightenment. Many of the ashrams that Siddhartha visited in his struggling for enlightenment adhered to principles of vaastu. Many monasteries and ashrams offering mukti yajnas and actually having great sucess with the transmission of enlightenment experience and enlightened states to others adhere to vaastu, including the legendary monastery at Satyaloka.

It is interesting also how much of the new USA temple construction in the US is in the Pittsburgh area. There you will find a south to north flowing river which (like the Nile) offers great spiritual potential.

[This message has been edited by Dharma (edited 05-30-2001).]

But eventually when the unhappy fellow has hit rock bottom in such a house and becomes a master of suffering,realizes his internal condition, he will have an insight-generally one along the line of: that suffering is not in the fact but in the perception of the fact and bang-he no longer suffers. No matter what.

I am sorry but I would like to disagree on this point. THere are too many ifs in the above statements. What is the guarantee that someone becomes a master of sufferings? Even there is assumption that with vaastu shastra the misfirtune will be lesser than wehn it is not present. And that is what I am exactly saying has not been proven. I know it is a big craze in new Delhi as well these days and I have always heard of those stories of how someone's life got transformed with vaastu-shastra. Unfortuntaley, I have never had the privilege of meeting someone like that. And so my scepticism (as perhaps other perceive my rational approach to vaastu-shastra). I don't think even sages left messages for us in ancient text to be adhered to as final statement (that will make a religion out of Hindu dharma) but something to be seen in light every day and grow further upon that truth. So, vaastu-shastra is also not something to be just believed in but known as a science. I would however say that let's agree to disagree on the miracles of vaastu-shastra and not waste any more time upon this discussion. Life's too short for this. Thanks a lot for all your thoughts.

Regardless of Love fading Dharma, I'd still like to pursue this topic a little further

as I said, I feel it does have some impact on my conciousness at present. Of course I don't think it is going to save my life, I have a different Sraddha in that regard. But due to me being architechturally and graphicly minded I take interest in such conceptions.

Our own house I have designed previously with mandala and yantra in mind, but as we evolve new light is being shed on our lives, and I would like to pursue this science furtherIt seems to be constantly evolving. It's an intuitive feeling I'm following. I endorse divine order in all this chaos around, and firmly believe our environment has a deep effect on our consciouness. I feel a need for things harmonious, and to be surrounded by beauty that reminds me of the source of all beauty. Kind of like a heavenly archetype complimenting our earthly existence if we can somehow align that revelation to our world I feel it will make a difference to the way people feel about themselves and others. Like when one enters a tasteful church or temple they sometimes feel a sense of wonder and divinity. Of course it doesn't have to be oppulent , it can be a mudbrick kutir, sometimes the simpler the better.

My role models are the Goswamis. Just see how Sri Rupa lived in extreme austerity, but that didn't prevent him from creating a beautiful house of worship for Their Lordships Sri Sri Radha Govinda to reside in, still envious tyrant antiparties just like aurangazeb endeavour to dismantle such development. I'm sure these divine monuments of Love and beauty dedicated to the glory of God are external manifestations of some sadhakas internal heart and design brought out onto the visible environment, not that building is the goal. But it sure beats designing new weapons of destruction or corporate towers of Babal.

The fact is that I will probably embark on another attempt at building as soon as some land we have sells. And I would like to understand this vaastu science more before I start, as it's too late once the concrete foundations are laid.

Our previous home I designed on a diamond concept and it was very effective in creating a sense of well-being, very high energy, but there were some aspects that were'nt satisfactory, which i need to meditate further on.

Srila Govinda Maharaj in Navadwipdham built the samadhi mandhir of Srila Bhakti Raksak Sridhara Maharaj spontaneously meditating as its organic form manifest from day to day. Unbeknown to him what it would eventually be, the result speaks for itself. I like this way of designing living structure.

I'm glad my intuition seems to be on track with the arches I have recently aquired 4 very nicely carved wooden arches from Madhura Island in Indonesia that i wish to incorporate into the new home with a very old exquisite Indian Temple arch I have my eye on for the entrance to our gardens.

You may notice different types of meditations or mystical experienes are affected by the direction you are facing.

Confirmed

The thing about vaastu as Love said, the karma is also a factor as to ones susceptability. Some can stay in terrible places and suffer no ill effect. Others can sleep on nails.

Agreed, but I also understand that various actions nullify karma and swing your samskars in a new direction, of course a transcendentalist is beyond all reaction.

Actually my inner desire is to live in chintamani Dham but untill such benediction graces me, practically I'm trying to make the best of a bad bargain, or cutting my cloak according to the resources I have been given, a dress rehearsal so to speak.

Usually in such a move things can get worse-actually much worse for quite some time. But if the same "hyperspeed karma" situation were to happen in a place with faulty vaastu it would be an absolute hell.

I'm used to that, 'it's par for the course,' as Baga Vance would say.

This is not a figurative example. I have seen it over and over again. Whether the person is aware of that phenomena or not it, still occurs.

The difference is that in a terribly faulty vaastu house that there is little energy for such insight. Just when you think it can not get any worse, it does. Or it just goes on and on. "When will it ever end.If only." and "I should have" become predominate thoughts. Others are constantly blamed for misfortunes-be it the priests or the president, ones children or the iRS. Worse yet there is resignation. "That's life." or "It's my karma." or "It's God's will that I suffer." becomes the mantra. Eventually numbness sets in or he manages his sorrow and becomes like a living corpse.

I hear you!

I do not know if vaastu is so much a science as a philosophy. It to many people is not rational. Nor is much else about Hinduism-yet the effects are empiracle.

Those who study vaastu and feng shui will know that the history of the previous inhabitants will follow the future inhabitants. You will see many houses that are up for tax lien sale or every one who stays gets divorced, or perhaps there is a nervous disorder amongst the people. In some places the males do not live past 40, or there is brain cancer. Making a few chnaging in the plot level can change the fortunes of all future inhabitants.

Hmmm no denying this reality, do you suppose it applies to planets also, I think it's time for a spring clean up of our house.

Where might you live may I ask Prabhu?

Ys

dasanudas

Dasanudasji,

If you believe in vaastu from the perspective of creating beauty around you and the slightest of the realisation of heaven in your surroundings I am totally for that. There could not be anything more beautiful. I remember dharma is that pillar whose three faces are satya, shiva and sundar. And if you pursue beauty around you in everything it will also lead to the same path of dharma. Thanks for a beautiful response.

Dear Dasanudas,

It is ok, like the TV. If anyone is not interested they can change the channel. Liberation from a vaastu discussion is just a click away.

The appropriate place to put your arches is in the South.

When you do your foundation start digging from the Northeast to Se then ne to nw. the northeast should be the first to lose the load and the last to take it back. Always keep it lighter than the SW. Good luck with getting a sympathic contractor. Actually that is a little extreme. I would be happy to have a basement. However if digging a basement under just half the house put it under the North half and not the south. Depressions enhance the negative fields which are se, s, and sw. A half basement under the Noth side is best. 2nd choice is full basement. Basement in just south not good at all.

There are a few things I would not compromise on. That is a North or East facing house. Lower at the NE than the Southwest.

No plumbing on the north wall.

No toilets or kitchen in the North east.

The ideal floorplan is as follows:

Kitchen in the SE quadrent of house with stove facing east. I will give you the elements since you understand feng shui. It wall help you place your feng shui cures. SE is ruled by fire. Fire will enhance it (in feng shui they call the front door N no matter what direction the house faces).

Master bedroom in SW quadrent second choice is NW. SW is ruled by earth or ancestors. Sw is also called the field of devils.

Second choice is NW. NW is ruled by air.

NE is water and is called Deva Moola, or God's place. North is wealth. If you have some financial problems make sure the N is larger and more open outside than the S. Make sure the NE is lower than the SW.

These I do not compromise on.

"Agreed, but I also understand that various actions nullify karma and swing your samskars in a new direction, of course a transcendentalist is beyond all reaction."

Definately that is a good point. Karma Yoga and Samskara Shuddhi can also have great impact. Have a good karma yoga story:

I know a lady who suffered greatly with cancer. She did the chemotherapy and was very very sick. She is a very fastidious lady and lives alone and it pained her that she could not take care of her house or shop for fresh food-she was so very ill. So difficult basic survival was for her during this time.

As she began to recover from the chemo which had failed to help her, she still had the cancer, but had learned greatly from her suffering. She knew how painful it was to try and take care of the house and herself while alone. She was determined to help others in the same boat. She developed great compassion for those who were just starting chemo. She knoew nothing of the dynamics of karma yoga or even karma as she is Catholic. She began to help them. She would go to their homes and watch their kids, and clean and shop. Call them to see how they were, asking what they needed without them having to ask. That means so very much when you are ill, that you actually would not have to beg someone to do something for you or feel as if you were putting them out. She did this for quite some time and what the doctors called a miracle occured. With no more treatment her cancer is totally gone. Those who have practised karma yoga will not find it so miraculous-just expected result. But even praying for others in the same boat as you can work as if by magic with a perplexing problem.

I do not know if it applies to the planets. I know some of the ancient wisdom is more effective and different states of consciousness are possible as Moolam draws closer. But for the most part do not know so much of astrology. What do you think?

In the summer time I go to Andhra Pradesh. I am in Arizona the rest of the time for now. Where are you?

I thought love had abandoned us, so here's a quick reponse before adressing Dharmas kindness.

Regarding Satyam Sivam Sundaram, of course you find most devotees are worshippers of Love and beauty this is our life, but we aspire to see all as personal, not a vague and nebulous conception. Just as there is a person behind your name, your name immediately appeals to the heart of a devotee as they see love as non-different from God. Therefor we relate you to God. That isn't to say you are God, but rather a spark of his potency which extends to us thru His loving sevants.

Satyam the Truth is this, not be speculated upon.

The Nature of the Soul

Sat-chit-anandam these three things - (1) existence, (2)Knowledge of our own existence, (3) and the fulfillment of our existence.

The figure of existence, the figure of consciousness, and the object of the search of the figure. Whoever is conceiving, when searching for something, that is the soul. What the soul wants to feel is higher, and what it is feeling at present is lower, and chit is in between. The level below is matter so it is not satisfactory, therefore we desire anandam, fulfillment, harmony and beauty from the higher level, without anandam existence is empty and chit- knowledge is dry, also unsatisfactory. Three kinds of existence sat-chit-anandam, Satyam-Sivam-Sundaram. Siva is generally represented by consciousness and sakti-potency by matter, and consciousness of the potency is Siva the figure, the person, and who can fulfill the search of the person? That is anandam Sundaram, who is beauty, harmony, love. Andanam is complete, full in Itself, both existence and the person you will find in anandam, but not in sat or chit, So existence and the figure of existence both need something more, so with beauty, love and ecstasy, that is perfect existence. Anandam is the Queen, and existence is the servant, the figure of our existence is to serve that ecstasy or bliss and who is the reservoir of that ananda? Govindasundara the beautiful. SSM

Get it, this is personalism in it's uttmost fullfillment, the Lord of Divine Love an' Beauty is our heart and soul and to somehow express that beauty in all we do is our Divine Lifes mission.

Yes, the means is the end. The pursuit of Beauty Themselves can be more fun then finding Beauty.

Thank you kindly Dharma for the time you are taking to explain this practical advice. you're just like Krsna I make a plan and He comes along and completely rearranges it.

So what am I going to do with a choice block of two acres that faces the Pacific ocean in the East, looks like we may have to move to Western Australia. Never mind we have even been considering the southwest coast of India. I've been getting strong messages attracting towards this neighbourhood, i'm keeping it open for now. Anyway I've taken your advise on board and saved it for future ref.

Starting to feel a bit dizzy observing Nirjal Ekadasi I think I better take some rest. We're living in a sub-trocical zone called the Sunshine Coast Queensland Australia. Very suchi environment, pretty well unscathed.If anyone is passing thru they are more than welcome to share their grace with us, we have plenty of room and always look forward to vaisnava company.

You can build on the lot with the Pacific to the East. East is ruled by knowledge and should be low and open as should the North. An east facing house is very good.

Keep your entrance to the NE of East rather than SE of E if you can.

When you get ready to build you can contact me if you want. Would be glad to share what I know.

N-e of east for entrance is perfect. My plan is already designed to fit into that.

Pheeeeww thought I might been out of harmony with the universe for awhile, then i thought naaa the universe must be outa whak with me.