Some say she is the closest Goddess

Others say she can never be met

But those who sing, "Radhe"

Will come to know her secret

I see a moonlit Radha

Under a lonely maple tree

Her warm feet make holy water

As she stands on an icy throne.

Beautiful! Thank you, Talasiga. Radhe Radhe always Radhe!!!

[This message has been edited by valaya (edited 01-06-2002).]

I surrender unto the supREME LORD, sRi Krsna`s internal poTency, Srimati Radharani. May her divinelove blessings shower to whom she has FavOred. Who can resist Her.Even the Lord Sri Chaitanya Krsna Mahaprabhu was captivated by Her beauty. How much mOre I`m just a puppet tied on strings to Her wonderful digits. Even if She severs my ties to Her, I will always remain a dancing puppet who comes to answer her call to be with Her on the dance floor in case Her Beloved sRi Krsna`s not arOund. May Her Lady, the Supreme Goddess be merciful to me.

[This message has been edited by krsnaraja (edited 01-07-2002).]

Originally posted by krsnaraja:

<font color=green>May Her Lady, the Supreme Goddess be merciful to me.

</font>

Melting Heart

Even the hardest coldest heart

may be the seat of Grace

Just see how Radha does satiate

as She breaks our ice apart !

------------------

talasiga@hotmail.com

One at last in Mahaprabhu

He knows Her love so deep and true

His pangs of separation

Exclude no one.

Each part and parcel

Finds it's place

Within Their endless

Divine Grace.

Jai Jai Sri Radhe! valaya RR

[This message has been edited by valaya (edited 01-07-2002).]

Sorry, here are the proper lyrics:

LOVE MINUS ZERO/NO LIMIT

Words and Music by Bob Dylan

1965 Warner Bros. Inc

Renewed 1993 Special Rider Music

My love she speaks like silence,

Without ideals or violence,

She doesn't have to say she's faithful,

Yet she's true, like ice, like fire.

People carry roses,

Make promises by the hours,

My love she laughs like the flowers,

Valentines can't buy her.

[This message has been edited by valaya (edited 01-09-2002).]

When can I ever say,

"ILOVU" to YOU, Srimati Radharani

without offending YOUR Beloved

Lord Govinda?

When will His Lordship allow me to

be with YOU?

If given the chance just for a

moment, It wouldn`t matter if I

immediately die,

like food for a black widow.

Originally posted by krsnaraja:

I surrender unto the supREME LORD, sRi Krsna`s internal poTency, Srimati Radharani. May her divinelove blessings shower to whom she has FavOred. Who can resist Her.Even the Lord Sri Chaitanya Krsna Mahaprabhu was captivated by Her beauty. How much mOre I`m just a puppet tied on strings to Her wonderful digits. Even if She severs my ties to Her, I will always remain a dancing puppet who comes to answer her call to be with Her on the dance floor in case Her Beloved sRi Krsna`s not arOund. May Her Lady, the Supreme Goddess be merciful to me.

Very sweet, prabhu!

------------------

Radhe Radhe always Radhe!

amanpeter@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Bhaktavasya:

When the poets unite

in praise of Her

We forget how to fight

In love we're secure

Even Krishna is defeated

By Her mysterious ways

May Radhe remain seated

In our hearts, night and day

Nice, prabhu! In our heart-of-hearts, are we not all poets? Please note my corrected version of 'Love Minus Zero' above--found a website with all the lyrics for Bob Dylan's songs. Have you heard Leonard Cohen's new album? I saw a documentary on him the other night.

valaya

------------------

amanpeter@hotmail.com

we are all poets

when we are in love,

if we can`t put it

in writing,

we can sing a tune

that would make us

happy,

we can complement it

by dancing,

we can do anything

if we are in love

with words of love.

poets however are

almost always rejected

of that love they

project because of

poverty.

no beautiful rich girl

therefore would want to

love a poor poet.

O Supreme Goddess Radha

Abode of infinite love

You hold Krsna eternally

So tight in Your hearts embrace

You recall Your heartfelt visions

Dancing in Your restless eyes

Krsna everlastingly mirrored

In the windows of Your soul

When You hear His name ‘Krsna’

Those very eyes well with tears

The waters of Your pure love

In streams caress Your golden cheeks

Your sakhis surround Your effulgent form

Yearning monuments of devotional empathy

Shimmering blissfully as You unite with Govinda

Crying in pain when You are separate from Him

O Supreme Goddess Radha

Who am I to utter Your name?

Who am I to speak of Your divinity?

And who am I anyway?

In the heart of my mind I fall at Your feet

Eager to melt into the dust near Your toes

So very sad am I in this material world

For I have no love, I have no devotion

All I have is the torment of my sin

Please have mercy on my soul

O Supreme Goddess Radha!

Please have mercy on my soul...

------------------

shab.

When two hearts unite,

there`s joy and bliss.

But when two hearts

untie, there`s sorrow

and sadness.

Madana-mohana,

unity and separation,

need no explanation,

when going home

to God is our only

destination.

But where is Home,

where is God? Ahh,

it`s just perhaps

my imagination that

You are here for my

consolation and

exemplification.

In anticipation for

our future Union.

Originally posted by valaya:

Nice, prabhu! In our heart-of-hearts, are we not all poets? Please note my corrected version of 'Love Minus Zero' above--found a website with all the lyrics for Bob Dylan's songs. Have you heard Leonard Cohen's new album? I saw a documentary on him the other night.

valaya

Yes, I've heard Leonard Cohen's 'Ten New Songs'; I bought it and then loaned it to a girlfriend for the time being.

There is a poet in all of us, yet it takes a teacher of that fine art to release our inner poets. I must say that besides the famous, celebrated poet-singers of our age like Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan, there is one who has inspired me, and others here although there may be reluctance to admit it. Not so much inspired me to write poetically, because I'm fairly elementary and not so profound, but has stirred my heart with his brand of insightful, sometimes humourous and always honest poetry. I'm speaking of course of Talasiga, and although he may be 'cutting' on occasion (sadhu means to cut, away the illusion, the b.s), more often he is a delight.

So how are you; I'm glad to see you 'went away' and came back fresh and brimming with nectar!

Jai Radha Madana Mohan Mohini

dear bhaktavsya,

you are a health care worker/writer from canada. i would like to invite you and your friends to cebu city, philippines for the annual celebration of the feast of the Holy Child(Sto. Nino) on the 3rd week of january. i know this isn`t the proper forum for me to conduct this invitation. however, this also includes the rest of the reactors here.

all glories to the sri radhakrsna sankirtana movement! may the chanting of the lord`s holy names reaches us here in cebu city for its coming sinulog 2002: pit senyor! festival in honor of the Holy Child.

my humble obeisances,

mateo

[This message has been edited by mateo (edited 01-11-2002).]

"The svarupa-sakti, or internal potency of Krsna, which is spiritual, functioning as His own personal power, has manifested His pastimes of Goloka. By Her grace individual souls who are constituents of the marginal potency can have admission into even those pastimes." (Sri Brahma-Samhita, purport to text 6)

------------------

amanpeter@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by valaya (edited 01-11-2002).]

Originally posted by mateo:

dear bhaktavsya,

you are a health care worker/writer from canada. i would like to invite you and your friends to cebu city, philippines for the annual celebration of the feast of the Holy Child(Sto. Nino) on the 3rd week of january. i know this isn`t the proper forum for me to conduct this invitation. however, this also includes the rest of the reactors here.

all glories to the sri radhakrsna sankirtana movement! may the chanting of the lord`s holy names reaches us here in cebu city for its coming sinulog 2002: pit senyor! festival in honor of the Holy Child.

my humble obeisances,

mateo

[This message has been edited by mateo (edited 01-11-2002).]

From Caitanya-caritamrta Adi-lila Introduction:

This brings up the question of who SrImatI RAdhArANI is and what RAdhA-KRSNa is. Actually RAdhA-KRSNa is the exchange of love--but not ordinary love. KRSNa has immense potencies, of which three are principal: the internal, the external and the marginal potencies. In the internal potency there are three divisions: samvit, hlAdinI and sandhinI. The hlAdinI potency is KRSNa's pleasure potency. All living entities have this pleasure-seeking potency, for all beings are trying to have pleasure. This is the very nature of the living entity. At present we are trying to enjoy our pleasure potency by means of the body in the material condition. By bodily contact we are attempting to derive pleasure from material sense objects. But we should not entertain the nonsensical idea that KRSNa, who is always spiritual, also tries to seek pleasure on this material plane. In the Bhagavad-gItA KRSNa describes the material universe as a nonpermanent place full of miseries. Why, then, would He seek pleasure in matter? He is the Supersoul, the supreme spirit, and His pleasure is beyond the material conception.

To learn how KRSNa enjoys pleasure, we must study the first nine cantos of SrImad-BhAgavatam, and then we should study the Tenth Canto, in which KRSNa's pleasure potency is displayed in His pastimes with RAdhArANI and the damsels of Vraja. Unfortunately, unintelligent people turn at once to the sports of KRSNa in the Dazama-skandha, the Tenth Canto. KRSNa's embracing RAdhArANI or His dancing with the cowherd girls in the rAsa dance are generally not understood by ordinary men, because they consider these pastimes in the light of mundane lust. They foolishly think that KRSNa is like themselves and that He embraces the gopIs just as an ordinary man embraces a young girl. Some people thus become interested in KRSNa because they think that His religion allows indulgence in sex. This is not kRSNa-bhakti, love of KRSNa, but prAkRta-sahajiyA--materialistic lust.

To avoid such errors, we should understand what RAdhA-KRSNa actually is. RAdhA and KRSNa display Their pastimes through KRSNa's internal energy. The pleasure potency of KRSNa's internal energy is a most difficult subject matter, and unless one understands what KRSNa is, one cannot understand it. KRSNa does not take any pleasure in this material world, but He has a pleasure potency. Because we are part and parcel of KRSNa, the pleasure potency is within us also, but we are trying to exhibit that pleasure potency in matter. KRSNa, however, does not make such a vain attempt. The object of KRSNa's pleasure potency is RAdhArANI; KRSNa exhibits His potency as RAdhArANI and then engages in loving affairs with Her. In other words, KRSNa does not take pleasure in this external energy but exhibits His internal energy, His pleasure potency, as RAdhArANI and then enjoys with Her. Thus KRSNa manifests Himself as RAdhArANI in order to enjoy His internal pleasure potency. Of the many extensions, expansions and incarnations of the Lord, this pleasure potency is the foremost and chief.

It is not that RAdhArANI is separate from KRSNa. RAdhArANI is also KRSNa, for there is no difference between the energy and the energetic. Without energy, there is no meaning to the energetic, and without the energetic, there is no energy. Similarly, without RAdhA there is no meaning to KRSNa, and without KRSNa there is no meaning to RAdhA. Because of this, the VaiSNava philosophy first of all pays obeisances to and worships the internal pleasure potency of the Supreme Lord. Thus the Lord and His potency are always referred to as RAdhA-KRSNa. Similarly, those who worship NArAyaNa first of all utter the name of LakSmI, as LakSmI-NArAyaNa. Similarly, those who worship Lord RAma first of all utter the name of SItA. In any case--SItA-RAma, RAdhA-KRSNa, LakSmI-NArAyaNa--the potency always comes first.

RAdhA and KRSNa are one, and when KRSNa desires to enjoy pleasure, He manifests Himself as RAdhArANI. The spiritual exchange of love between RAdhA and KRSNa is the actual display of KRSNa's internal pleasure potency. Although we speak of "when" KRSNa desires, just when He did desire we cannot say. We only speak in this way because in conditioned life we take it that everything has a beginning; however, in spiritual life everything is absolute, and so there is neither beginning nor end. Yet in order to understand that RAdhA and KRSNa are one and that They also become divided, the question "When?" automatically comes to mind. When KRSNa desired to enjoy His pleasure potency, He manifested Himself in the separate form of RAdhArANI, and when He wanted to understand Himself through the agency of RAdhA, He united with RAdhArANI, and that unification is called Lord Caitanya. This is all explained by SrIla KRSNadAsa KavirAja in the fifth verse of the Caitanya-caritAmRta.

From CC Ali-lila 4.34p:

SrIla Narottama dAsa ThAkura, in his prayers to the GosvAmIs, has explained his inability to understand such spiritual affairs:

rUpa-raghunAtha-pade ha-ibe Akuti

kabe hAma bujhaba se yugala-pIriti

"When I shall be eager to understand the literature given by the GosvAmIs, then I shall be able to understand the transcendental love affairs of RAdhA and KRSNa."

In other words, unless one is trained under the disciplic succession of the GosvAmIs, one cannot understand RAdhA and KRSNa. The conditioned souls are naturally averse to understanding the spiritual existence of the Lord, and if they try to know the transcendental nature of the Lord's pastimes while they remain absorbed in materialism, they are sure to blunder like the sahajiyAs.

In Uddhava Kyeri, in great love and affection, Srimati Radhika deeply

remembered Krsna. Weeping, she asked the bumblebee, "Krsna is coming? When is He coming? Is He on the way here? Can you tell me? How is He? Does He remember His friends in Vrajabhumi? Does He remember His father and mother? Does He remember Us? Does He remember Me? Does He at least say to any of His Queens, 'Radha is not as intelligent as you.' Or, does He perhaps tell one of them, 'This garland is not as good as those made by the gopis.'" Speaking in this way, Radhika became unconscious.

------------------

amanpeter@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by valaya (edited 01-26-2002).]

These beautiful verses glorifying Sri Radha are courtesy of Jagat prabhu:

The Nectar of the Lotus of Love.

(This is Premämbhoja-maranda-stava-raja by Raghunath Das Goswami}. The last two verses are missing.

(1)

Radha’s body is the embodiment of true love

conceived in the most resplendent chinatmani gem,

anointed with the sweet?smelling love of her girlfriends,

and shining with an inconceivable lustrous splendour.

(2)

She bathes in waves of the nectar of compassion,

a shower of the nectar of youthfulness,

and a flood of the nectar of charming loveliness,

so that the Goddess of Fortune

languours in lassitude at her side.

(3)

Her graceful form is hidden

by the silken garment of shyness,

decorated with the kunkum of graceful beauty,

and dappled with the black musk

of erotic sentiments for Shyamasundar.

(4)

She puts on her natural ornaments,

fashioned from the best nine jewels:

shivering, tears in the eyes, horripilation,

becoming stunned, perspiration, faltering of the voice,

blushing, madness and inertness.

(5)

She is garlanded with the flowers of wonderful virtues,

such as her sweet-tongued speech.

She is adorned with perfumed powders

smelling of her sometimes sober

and sometimes restless moods.

(6)

Her imperceptible amour-propre is concealed

within the coils of her hair.

Her forehead is brightened with the tilak

of her immense good fortune.

(7)

Hearing Krishna’s name and qualities are the ornaments

swinging in splendour and jubilation from her ears.

The reddish colour of her lips is produced

from the betelnut of her obsession for Krishna.

(8)

The black collyrium on her eyes

is the crookedness of her loving affairs.

Her body is perfumed by the camphor of her sweet smile,

the joking words spilling from her.

(9)

Within the inner apartments of her bodily fragrance

is a bed of pride upon which she sits, bemused,

while wearing the restless necklace of prema-vaicittya,

the love-in-separation felt even in union.

(10)

Her breasts are concealed,

bound with a bodice of wounded vanity.

The sounds of her lute, her fame and beauty,

dry up the faces and hearts of her competitors in love.

(11)

She leans with her lotus hands on the shoulder

of her friend, adolescent youth personified,

just before beginning to distribute the mead

of intoxicating love for Krishna,

herself the personification of the erotic sentiment.

(12)

Oh Gandharvika! A truly compassionate person

will not reject even a rascal if he is surrendered to him.

Therefore please, never abandon this person

who is similarly surrendered to you.

------------------

HARIBOL! HARIBOL! HARIBoL!

[This message has been edited by valaya (edited 02-07-2002).]