IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
premananda

Bhaja Nitai-Gaur Radhe Shyam Japa Hare Krishna Hare Ram

Rate this topic

Originally posted by jndas:

See, if someone were to tell me not to chant loudly, I would disagree personally.

Is it any clearer now?

"I don't know what sort of a God we have been talking about!

The caller calls in a loud voice to the Holyone at dusk.

Why? Surely the Holyone is not deaf!

He hears the delicate anklets that ring on the feet of an insect as it walks!

Go over and over your beads,paint weird designs on your forehead,

Wear your hair matted,long and ostentatious,

But when deep inside you there is a loaded gun,

How can you have God? "

"If someone were to tell me that Nitai was Radha and Gaura was Krishna, I would have to disagree personally; just as I would have to disagree personally if they told me I souldn't chant the Mahamantra out loud."

And who is telling you that Sri Nityananda is Sri Radha? Not Sri Radharamancaran das Baba, that´s for sure! But how can you say that Sri Gaura is not Sri Krishna. What about Sri Krishna Caitanya?

The verse says, "Worship Nitai and Gaur". Nothing wrong with that, right? Then it says "perform Hare Krishna, Hare Rama japa" (maha-mantra). According to the Gaudiya lineage one should first approach Sri Nityananda, then Sri Gaura. His Lila will reveal Radha-Krishna-lila. This is the meaning.

"Nothing wrong with them thinking like that (free universe and all), but I, personally, would disagree with them."

If you disagree with what I have explained, then what are you?

Originally posted by jijaji:

OK OK.....

I'm gonna post some stories of Radharamana Charan Das Deva...

I don't have a scanner as of yet and will have to type out ..so be patient I'm a slow typist!

He was so cool guys!

Posted Image

jijaji

I look forward to reading some of his pastimes Jijaji, my old pal! Posted Image

PD

Dear Jijaji prabhu, I never realized you typed everything by hand! Just want to thank you for sharing so much here and at Dharma-mela. Peter

------------------

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna

Krsna Krsna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama

Rama Rama Hare Hare

Originally posted by premananda:

Just worship Nitai Gaur and Radhe Shyam. And chant "Hare Krishna Hare Ram"

Nothing wrong with that! But everybody does not like, they just wanna criticize.

PD

I have read in the books written by ACBVSP,

that GM and ISKCON devotees should not chant -

'sri krishna caitanya prabhu nityananda

hare krishna hare rama sri radhe govinda.'

Why so?The explanation was given by SP that the whole pancatattva had to be taken together in chanting and not just simply Caitanya and Nityananda.

And the whole 16 lettered mahamantra had to be chanted and not just simply hare rama hare krishna!

He also made his usual effort to attribute this ignorant chanting to the camps of degraded sahajiyas and mayavadis who were neither bonafide devotees of Krishna nor Caitanya!

OK OK.....

I'm gonna post some stories of Radharamana Charan Das Deva...

I don't have a scanner as of yet and will have to type out ..so be patient I'm a slow typist!

He was so cool guys!

Posted Image

jijaji

------------------

PEACE NOW

Maybe this letter from Srila Prabhupada can shed some light on the issue?

Bombay 16 November, 1970

My Dear Bansidhari,

Please accept my blessings. I beg to thank you for your nice report from Santa Barbara dated October 22nd, 1970. I am always so glad to know that you are keeping to the standard practices as I have instructed you to do and all the devotees are feeling the sublime result of their work in Krsna's loving service. Your program for extending Sankirtana Party activities to the nearby towns and cities and universities is very welcome. I have received similar good report of such extended Sankirtana Party tours or trips from many other centers in Europe as well as America. Lord Caitanya's desire was that this chanting of the Holy Names be spread to every town and village on the face of the globe, and now His desire is being fulfilled. That is to your credit as sincere servants of the Lord.

It is always the difficulty with the karmis that they "have no time" for attending spiritual functions or gatherings. Sukadeva Goswami analyzes the situation for the karmis in the narration of Bhagavatam as sleeping and indulging in sex-life in the night and in the daytime working hard "Where is money? Where is money?" and when they have got money, how to accumulate household paraphernalia, etc. Anyway, by the mercy of Lord Caitanya even such materially absorbed persons can be extricated from their entanglement in the maya by contact with offenseless chanting of the Lord's Holy Names Hare Krsna Mantra. If you vibrate these transcendental sounds everywhere continually, it will pierce their ears and enter their hearts, and then their natural attraction for Krsna will be revived. So do not care for the temporary excuses of the unwilling and unfortunate persons, you simply carry our program forward distributing Sankirtana, Prasadam and literatures and the effect will take place.

I am very glad that your distribution to the libraries is well recieved. Please get our books at least one full set in every city and college library in you neighboring areas. And if you read these literatures carefully you will realize the topmost science of Krsna Consciousness and be more inspired to spread the same to all persons as their real welfare benefit.

Please keep me informed about your activities. Hope you are well.

Your ever well-wisher,

A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami

I found a copy of this letter at the following URL:

http://www.krishna.org/Letters/2000/07/L00011.html

[This message has been edited by leyh (edited 06-07-2001).]

P.S : Doesn't Gadadhara Prana chant the Maha Mantra in kirtan? It was my understanding that only Radharamanacharan dasa babaji's followers dont, and your webpage looks like you follow GP!

Originally posted by Sevaka:

P.S : Doesn't Gadadhara Prana chant the Maha Mantra in kirtan? It was my understanding that only Radharamanacharan dasa babaji's followers dont, and your webpage looks like you follow GP!

Jai Radhe Shyam!

Yes, but that doesn´t mean that I have to ignore or disrespect Sri Radharamancaran das Babaji and his followers. On the contrary I think it is very inspiring to read about Vaishnava saints. Don´t you?

P D

Bhaktivinode himself went to various Gaudiya Vaishnavas before taking his diksha and was at last graced by the vision of Sri Chaitanya in dream directing him to take diksha from Bipin Behari Gosvami of Nityananda/Jahnavi parivar. So if someone of the caliber of Sri Bhaktivinode needed to approach various vaishnavas before deciding whom he should take diksha from, WHY, (pray tell?) is Premanandas confusion about his spiritual life used as a means to smear him?

Posted Image

jijaji

------------------

PEACE NOW

PD,

I am not arguing.Please know that.I have no independent understanding of what is rasabhasa or what is not.I am most easily fooled.

I accept the words of His Divine Grace as I posted them.I am blind to these finer points.

There were advanced devotees who presented their works to Mahaprabhu.But they had to go through Svarupa Damodhara to ensure there was no rasabhasa.

The discrimination of the devotees on the highest rung must be the guide for those on the lowest rung.

Our position in these matters is most precarious.On one hand we must discriminate to the best of our ability, yet that ability is lacking in so many ways.

May pancha-tattva have mercy.

YS MC

Originally posted by Maitreya:

According to you PD.

MC....

Me thinks you lack knowledge what a sahajiya truly is.

Posted Image

[This message has been edited by jijaji (edited 06-08-2001).]

MC....

Me thinks you lack knowledge what a sahajiya truly is.

:cool

That is true.I have only a general definition, that is of one who takes devotional service in a cheap way.That is the group I belong to at present.

I also understand that there are particular groups with their own invented practices, that have been a disturbibg element in Indian society in various ways.

Perhaps jijaji would start a thread that explains one or more sahajiya groups in some detail.

MC

I agree that PD confusion should not be used to smear him....but....he has already taken diksa in the lineage he states on his website, is that not enough for him?

That is my point! He has his affiliation in this line, therefore why does he continue to window shop other Gaudiyas. If he was not initiated that would be another thing.

I await your reply

sevaka.

Originally posted by Sevaka:

I agree that PD confusion should not be used to smear him....but....he has already taken diksa in the lineage he states on his website, is that not enough for him?

That is my point! He has his affiliation in this line, therefore why does he continue to window shop other Gaudiyas. If he was not initiated that would be another thing.

I await your reply

sevaka.

We are all individuals....thank GOD!

Posted Image

------------------

PEACE NOW

Sevaka,

There are persons of many different natures in this world. So when you bring up my inability to decide what guru to follow, I wonder how much you have learnt about human nature in life.

It is not forbidden to have doubts, to question. After some time of doubting, and getting answers, I have reached a conclusion.

P D

Sevaka

MC..

sorry dude...sahajiya thread not bein started by this guy..(why beat a dead horse?)

But be my guest..your idea anyway! Your the one getting into it with Premananda saying Radharamana was sahajiya and all!

You start saying these things and then admit you know very little about the subject and then try to get me to start a thread on the subject.

Is this how you get your entertainment?

Posted Image

------------------

PEACE NOW

[This message has been edited by jijaji (edited 06-08-2001).]

Sevaka

MC..

sorry dude...sahajiya thread not bein started by this guy..(why beat a dead horse?)

But be my guest..your idea anyway! Your the one getting into it with Premananda saying Radharamana was sahajiya and all!

You start saying these things and then admit you know very little about the subject and then try to get me to start a thread on the subject.

Is this how you get your entertainment?

Posted Image

jijaji, But I admit to the lack of info.You claim to have it.My idea is for you, the one who professes to know to share the knowledge.For two years now at almost regular intervals you offer me this same post.Are you on a timer or what?

By the way I am not getting into it with PD as my above posts clearly state.

Maybe if you took off the shades your reading would improve. Posted Image

MC

MC..

It's not brain science dude...Like I said(why beat a dead horse) some people just don't get it.

Premananda...

sorry dude I have to run....hope all is well

Originally posted by Maitreya:

jijaji, But I admit to the lack of info.You claim to have it.My idea is for you, the one who professes to know to share the knowledge.For two years now at almost regular intervals you offer me this same post.Are you on a timer or what?

By the way I am not getting into it with PD as my above posts clearly state.

Maybe if you took off the shades your reading would improve. Posted Image

MC

MC

bye bye...

Posted Image

Your the one getting into it with Premananda saying Radharamana was sahajiya and all!

You're mistaken. Maitreya never did say anyone was a sahajiya. He simply provided a quote from Sri Prabhupada on the subject. Perhaps you should take more time to read carefully before accusing others.