IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Dasha

The mercifull water

Rate this topic

One of my old friend lost his wife a few years ago from a generalise cancer. My friend his a very good devotee of Krsna and so was his wife.

Recently he told me the following:

A few days before her departure from this world, I was reciting to my wife a story from Chaytania Caritamrimta discribing the attributs of Srimati Radharani who use to take 3 bathes a day:

The morning in a bath of youth, at noon in a bath of luster and on the evening in a bath of mercy...

At that point my wife stop me gently and, removing her oxygen mask, told me with a sweet voice:

"I had a dream last night; I was bathing in a pound with two gopis....There was Srimati Radharani ....And as I was bathing in the water, I was feeling in myself: Oh! how mercifull this water is, how mercifull it is. But I did not knew that water could be mercifull, I did not knew"...

Then a tear want out of her eyes, just like it is discribe in the scriptures: like in a syringe.

After her departure, when I told this story to my Gurudeva, Srila Gaur Govinda Maharaja, he told me: "you see, she already had a vision of where she was going..."

Sorry, I almost forgot to give you the name of my friend's wife.

Her spiritual name was "Yamuna devi dasi"

Yours in Krsna consciousness

Dasha

Dasha,

This was a very moving story. In the past there used to be a website which focused on devotees who had passed away. Friends and well wishers could write their praises and include photos etc.... I remember stumbling across it one day, and browsing through, only to find that some friends and children of friends who I had known had passed away. I'll see if I can find the site again. If I do I'll email you the address and then if you want you can submit this story to the site for inclusion. It is meant as a way of permanently praising the krsna-bhaktas.

From Sadhu-sanga, the Birthplace of Bhakti

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>

Greatest Sorrow

In Caitanya-caritamrta (Madhya 8.248) it is mentioned how once Mahaprabhu asked Raya Ramananda, 'duhkha-madhye kona duhkha haya gurutara? "What is the most intense sorrow?" Raya Ramananda answered, 'krsna-bhakta viraha-vina duhkha nahi dekhi para: "Being separated from a krsna-bhakta, a dear devotee of Krsna is the most grievous sorrow and unhappiness."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>